Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just thinking out loud...

Hybrid View

Talking Just thinking out loud...

The Chiefs team suffered many negatives over the last few years, some were a result of poor, hasty, & personal ego decisions by GM Peterson, others were made by Coaching staff, and so on. Many mistakes were made, and when the mistakes were realized, little to nothing was done to correct the mistakes...likey a result of egos.

Pioli and Haley were left with very little, if anything really...of which to build a winning team during one short off & pre-season. The best they could do is start from the ground up...and they are trying to do just that, regardless of how it may appear right now. Only time and steafastness will build a Chiefs Super Bowl Team...and patience is a necessity for such.

One of the Chiefs problems in past seasons IMO...has been impatience. Peterson & Coaches traded many young players just as they were beginning to shine, or develop into playmakers...IE: Jared Allen. They made roster changes while desperate for wins short term to please just as impatient fans I suppose...and made changes for personal reasons too. IE: Peterson and Jared Allen didn't get along...at all.

When a team changes players and coaches as often as the Chiefs have the last few seasons...it's doubtful the result will be a winning team for more than a season...if lucky at best. IMO...to achieve a winning team, a Super Bowl team...a team needs to be built to stay in tact for as many seasons as possible, so teammates can learn to work together and know each others moves inside and out without having to give it much thought.

The Front Offices & Coaches need to focus long term, build a team that with time and patience will evolve in to a winning team...through working and staying together consistently for more than one or two seasons. If one reflects upon the winning teams in Chiefs History...the Super Bowl IV era team, and the Schottenheimer era team...both team rosters for the most part remained consistent long term.

That's my thinking out loud and say so...and I'm sticking to it, hahaha.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Great Thread! :)
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

just my thinking out loud... Why do the play calls involve keeping cassel in the pocket for time he doesn't have. They should be running quick slants with quick passes like the giants and cardinals are doing right now on sunday night. He is getting rocked because he is staying back there way to long. Chan Gailey would have never let this happen. He would have figured out an offense to make the situation at hand work.

Quote Originally Posted by jb908 View Post
    Chan Gailey would have never let this happen. He would have figured out an offense to make the situation at hand work.
    Alas! You are correct.

Gailey was/is great at taking what you give him and making the best of it. Adapt and roll with the punches.

Last year with the Cards, Haley had K Warner, A Boldin, and L Fitzgerald to work with. And "HE" was thought of as the offensive genius because they racked up points??? hmmmm....

I agree with just about everything. I think that if we are patent then this could turn around. While i still think today is on hailey i am not sure he cant be a good head coach. We will just have to wait and see.

I said during training camp being a hard *** 24/7 will only payoff short term and in the long run people will lose respect. He always looks pissed at the world. So your losing every game, make the best of it and atleast tell the players to go out there and have fun.

Just thinking out loud..., Well said but when you look at the offseason you can see some of the picks they made were only short term, some have panned out and some have not.

My thoughts are that Haley has screwed up, he needs to admit he screwed up.

The problem with Haley is that he has never had to build a team, he has never had to go out and make decisions on the players that are going to play week after week.

The Chiefs needed a coach who had some experience building a team, whether that be a college coach, or another coach in the league. The last coach we had that knew how to do that was Vermiel, and I believe few can deny that he knew how to build a team.

Haley has no idea, and then he turns around and fires the only other guy on the team that knows, oh and how about that defensive coordinator we have? A real winner there as well, personally hand picked and stayed on I might add.

No, I have lost confidence in Haley already, there has been no improvement on this team, none, nadda, I am sorry, you guys might think you see it, but it is not there. On offense we have taken a huge step back and we are still one of the worse rated defenses in the game.

Frankly, we had a better defense last year. We might be slightly better against the run this year, but not by much.

Right now, I have to say that I don't see another team we can beat this season, except maybe the Browns. Sorry guys, the truth hurts, if we are lucky, we hit 2 and 14 again this season.

At least we won't lose next week.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I agree with Hayvern. I must also say, I am tired of giving unproven coaches, time to build teams, such as are last, and current head coaches have been. Hell I would go for bring Marty back and will even forgive the gannon, grbac thing for now.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 10-26-2009 at 09:38 PM.

okikcfan Just thinking out loud..., Well said but when you look at the offseason you can see some of the picks they made were only short term, some have panned out and some have not.

The picks are in their first year, and on a bad rebuilding team. It is far too early to say if any of the picks are panning out.

jb908 I said during training camp being a hard *** 24/7 will only payoff short term and in the long run people will lose respect. He always looks pissed at the world. So your losing every game, make the best of it and atleast tell the players to go out there and have fun.

Yeah I think Haley should go tell the team to have fun? Are you serious? This is a professional football team. They get paid millions upon millions of dollars! I think they need to earn their money, not worry about having fun.
    RIP My son. I will miss you eternally!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast