Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jamal charles should start

Default jamal charles should start

Charles should start at RB. He seems to try harder hit the hole faster and he DEFF is quicker than Mr. LJ.

I agree. I think we should start him to at least see what we got with him and to see if he can carry a full work load. Jamaal Charles is young and has potential; LJ on the other hand is coming towards to the end of his rope. I think we should start Charles now to see if he can be our rb of the future and if he can be an every down back. I mean with a record of 1-6 we really don't have anything to lose.
    Last edited by captainamerica; 10-26-2009 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    I agree. I think we should start him to at least see what we got with him and to see if he can carry a full work load. Jamaal Charles is young and has potential; LJ on the other hand is coming towards to the end of his rope. I think we should start Charles now to see if he can be our rb of the future and if he can be an every down back. I mean with a record of 1-6 we really don't have anything to lose.
    I don't think Jamal is built to be a full-time RB myself. Although @ this point I would like to see what he could do in that role. After watching todays game vs. San Diego (which was so damn painful) give anything a try!
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

LJ just is not producing. Charles just seems like he has another speed he uses when running. Reminds me of a bigger dante hall.

Default no more LJ

LJ just is not producing. Charles just seems like he has another speed he uses when running. Reminds me of a bigger dante hall. We need a running game that can produce. I think the lack of one has cost KC some games this year.

I agree with Charles getting more of the work load, Would also like to see what Battle and Savage can do. LJ has to be replaced, let's see if that perrson is already in house;

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    I agree with Charles getting more of the work load, Would also like to see what Battle and Savage can do. LJ has to be replaced, let's see if that perrson is already in house;
    Battle is on IR. Kolby Smith should be back soon though.

Although I'm in the camp of "trade LJ"....I sometimes wonder if that is the best business move at this point.

What would happen if we started Charles or Smith, only to have them get a big-time injury before the end of this season? With our current O-line issues, no matter who gets listed as running back, I wouldn't be surprised if we see them get carted off the field.

Far as I'm concerned, LJ has been playing the front office like a violin. Before last draft, he was saying he wanted to be traded. After the nightclub incident, and after the club began to investigate whether or not it had to pay out the remainder of his contract, he was talking in glowing terms of all the coaching/management changes. Now he's back to badmouthing the organization, and while some of it is true, he is still back to badmouthing the Chiefs.

I say go ahead and play him. Let him earn that big-time contract he signed trying to run behind a crappy O-line, and then (if he doesn't get injured) let him go at the end of the season.

By next season, hopefully we'll have a much better offensive line, and then let a healthy Charles, Smith, Savage or Battle have a shot. JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Although I'm in the camp of "trade LJ"....I sometimes wonder if that is the best business move at this point.

What would happen if we started Charles or Smith, only to have them get a big-time injury before the end of this season? With our current O-line issues, no matter who gets listed as running back, I wouldn't be surprised if we see them get carted off the field.

Far as I'm concerned, LJ has been playing the front office like a violin. Before last draft, he was saying he wanted to be traded. After the nightclub incident, and after the club began to investigate whether or not it had to pay out the remainder of his contract, he was talking in glowing terms of all the coaching/management changes. Now he's back to badmouthing the organization, and while some of it is true, he is still back to badmouthing the Chiefs.

I say go ahead and play him. Let him earn that big-time contract he signed trying to run behind a crappy O-line, and then (if he doesn't get injured) let him go at the end of the season.

By next season, hopefully we'll have a much better offensive line, and then let a healthy Charles, Smith, Savage or Battle have a shot. JMHO.
    What is the point of keeping LJ around just to preserve Charles and Smith? The guy is not only a terrible player, but a terrible influence on the team as a veteran player with a bad attitude. Running backs practically grow on trees. We have to get this back to being a respectable football team now, and that means starting Charles now.

He has no trade value, and the trade deadline has passed anyway. He should be cut today, period.

By the way, after his tweets about Haley yesterday, he started tearing into fans talking about how he's richer than all of us and we don't stop his checks. (No, but we do pay his salary).

I like Charles as our return man. Charles is our Leon Washington or Darren Sproles. I like him as a complimentary back, but not a feature back. Kolby Smith will be back in time for the Jacksonville game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast