Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: talk me off the ledge

Default talk me off the ledge

here is the problem, I am a big sports fan, but all the teams i follow suck and have so for quite some time: chiefs,huskers(football-basketball),royals, timberwolves. Is their anybody out there like me and what advice can you give me

Go outside, trample around in the woods, build model airplanes, read some books, etc. etc...

Maybe just step away from sports for a while and do something else. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you- Chiefs/Royals/Cyclones/etc... all of them suck, and make it difficult to watch sports.

jb

We all share the pain, especially if you live in KC. Alcohal helps kill some of the pain, but the hangovers are bad too.

The only thing saving me is that I am a huge Iowa Hawkeyes fan. Still doesn't help the fact that whatever joy they bring me on Saturday is immediately tarnished by crappy play by the Chiefs on Sunday.

I have been in this same boat for many years. Its ok it sucks but life will go on. Your teams will get better someday.

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    here is the problem, I am a big sports fan, but all the teams i follow suck and have so for quite some time: chiefs,huskers(football-basketball),royals, timberwolves. Is their anybody out there like me and what advice can you give me
    Well at least our Huskers are moving in the right direction! I still have faith in Bo, even after losing to Iowa State in Lincoln, I did find it ironic, that, prior to this game, the last time the Huskers had lost 8 turnovers in a single game, it was against Iowa State. On a more local level, The Aurora Huskies are undefeated and going into the state playoffs hoping to repeat from last years first ever state championship.

Now as to advice on dealing with it, Life is full of ups and downs, in all things, you have to weather thru, and deal with it. I have had many highs, and lows in life, you enjoy the good times, endure and survive the bad, always striving to get back to the good times, but still enjoying and appreciating.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 10-26-2009 at 10:36 PM.

I feel your bro, but you have to deal with.

I suggest you question why you like your team. Is it cause of a player on the team? Cause you feel you need to?

Personally, I like the Chiefs cause I have grown on them. TG started it all for me. Then it was Preist, Kennision, Green, Jared Allen...now Page, Bowe, Cassel, Flowers

All those guys, and nothing like seeing a sea of Red and Gold to end it all. I know the sea is a little empty and might be for some time, but all teams go through what we are seeing.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Easiest way for you to get off the ledge.... Jump.

Ya gotta take it in small doses man. Take some joy outta the smaller things. I like watching them win, but I also like tailgating with the fans, I like going out to eat BBQ in KC with other people who love the Chiefs. I get to go to Arrowhead, the greatest stadium on the planet. I know we arent winning the SuperBowl this year, we might not improve on 2-14 but I cant wait to go to KC in Dec cause the true diehard Chiefs fans will always be there no matter what. And dont worry man, we will get what is comin to us.

The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

As far as the chiefs, how bad were the saints, cardinals, and bengals, now they all seem legit, so maybe they can turn it around, are maybe thats what i just tell myself to feel better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast