Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: KC sports fans...

Default KC sports fans...

My fellow KC sports fans...

Between the Royals and now the Chiefs, it is becoming harder and harder to follow my beloved hometown teams. We easily are the worst pro sports city in America, yet we have loyal and dedicated fans every year that show support and faith. Both teams have been "rebuilding" for several years now. There has been very little, if any, progress, and in many cases regression from previous years.

My question is, if the current trend continues for years to come, how much more can you take? Being a KC sports fan is like being in an unhealthy relationship or addiction. You still watch and hope for any sign of somethin positive, yet you know inside that failure is inevitible.. Soon we start looking for any signs of success, no matter how insignificant. Like maybe we can get a first down in the first half, or maybe we could gain more than 5yards in the first quarter, ect...

Dont get me wrong. I dont plan on abandoning my local teams all together, even if i wanted to I couldnt do that. It just seems that having any faith at all in my teams only leads to dissapointment. Rooting for another team just isnt the same. I can never convince myself to do it. On the flip side, if the Chiefs or R's become playoff contenders, think how sweet it would be for us deprived KC fans for all these years..

After yesterday and almost the mid point of the season it is clear the Cheifs are terrible from top to bottom. Im not going to put everything into one game, but it was one of the most embarrasing games i remember watching.

So... How much more can yall take? Or are you like me, stuck in an abusive relationship with no way out?

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    let's not forget about the wacky tabaccy either...
    That helps me forget after the game!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    As are the Sacramento Kings. They got real good (finally) the early part of this decade. But have hit rock bottom the last couple years. I still like when they win because they used to be the Kansas City Kings.
    You're aging yourself now. I bet you remember when the Arizona Cardinals used to the the St Louis Cardinals too!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Oh yeah Hayvern! I remember the Jim Hart "Air Coryell" days well, heh heh.

As well as the great Nate Archibald on the KC Kings! :)

But... I was just a YOUNG CHILD during those days so I'm still a young feller, heeheehee.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234