Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: KC sports fans...

Default KC sports fans...

My fellow KC sports fans...

Between the Royals and now the Chiefs, it is becoming harder and harder to follow my beloved hometown teams. We easily are the worst pro sports city in America, yet we have loyal and dedicated fans every year that show support and faith. Both teams have been "rebuilding" for several years now. There has been very little, if any, progress, and in many cases regression from previous years.

My question is, if the current trend continues for years to come, how much more can you take? Being a KC sports fan is like being in an unhealthy relationship or addiction. You still watch and hope for any sign of somethin positive, yet you know inside that failure is inevitible.. Soon we start looking for any signs of success, no matter how insignificant. Like maybe we can get a first down in the first half, or maybe we could gain more than 5yards in the first quarter, ect...

Dont get me wrong. I dont plan on abandoning my local teams all together, even if i wanted to I couldnt do that. It just seems that having any faith at all in my teams only leads to dissapointment. Rooting for another team just isnt the same. I can never convince myself to do it. On the flip side, if the Chiefs or R's become playoff contenders, think how sweet it would be for us deprived KC fans for all these years..

After yesterday and almost the mid point of the season it is clear the Cheifs are terrible from top to bottom. Im not going to put everything into one game, but it was one of the most embarrasing games i remember watching.

So... How much more can yall take? Or are you like me, stuck in an abusive relationship with no way out?

As long as I have beer I can keep watching.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I don't really know... it's hard. The Chiefs have the most loyal fans in the world, but they're not being rewarded for their loyalty. It's really frustrating.

Myself and 3 brothers sat there in the rain behind a pack of about 20 jackass charger fans who were in our face the whole game.
    We stayed until the clock ran out, then had a 3 hour drive in soaking wet clothes to look forward to.
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by complexrealmz View Post
    My fellow KC sports fans...

Between the Royals and now the Chiefs, it is becoming harder and harder to follow my beloved hometown teams. We easily are the worst pro sports city in America, yet we have loyal and dedicated fans every year that show support and faith. Both teams have been "rebuilding" for several years now. There has been very little, if any, progress, and in many cases regression from previous years.

My question is, if the current trend continues for years to come, how much more can you take? Being a KC sports fan is like being in an unhealthy relationship or addiction. You still watch and hope for any sign of somethin positive, yet you know inside that failure is inevitible.. Soon we start looking for any signs of success, no matter how insignificant. Like maybe we can get a first down in the first half, or maybe we could gain more than 5yards in the first quarter, ect...

Dont get me wrong. I dont plan on abandoning my local teams all together, even if i wanted to I couldnt do that. It just seems that having any faith at all in my teams only leads to dissapointment. Rooting for another team just isnt the same. I can never convince myself to do it. On the flip side, if the Chiefs or R's become playoff contenders, think how sweet it would be for us deprived KC fans for all these years..

After yesterday and almost the mid point of the season it is clear the Cheifs are terrible from top to bottom. Im not going to put everything into one game, but it was one of the most embarrasing games i remember watching.

So... How much more can yall take? Or are you like me, stuck in an abusive relationship with no way out?
    Very well written and articulate post! I agree with you overall.

As far as how much more can I take...as long as the Chiefs exist I'll be watching on Earth till I die, and in Heaven too if God will allow me, hahaha. My dad became a fan in '63 when the Chiefs moved from Dallas, and I was raised with red & gold blood. I'm proudly carrying on a 'family Chiefs tradition'. I've been waiting since I was 13 yrs old for my Chiefs to return to a Super Bowl...a long time waiting, and I'll keep on waiting, as patiently as possible...praying it happens 'someday'. I want to experience 'my' team going to a Super Bowl as an adult...I barely remember Super Bowl IV...with exception of thinking Lenny Dawson was cute, hahaha. :)

I agree with Canada too...beer helps watching!

For me personally...there is so much more to being a Chiefs fan in my heart and soul, than simply supporting my team win or lose, watching games win or lose. In fact, the most important aspect for me with relationship to being a Chiefs fan...is the camaraderie I share with fellow Chiefs friends and fans. We are in a sense a 'family'.

As well, I've raised my children & their children to bleed red & gold, and our Chiefs family traditions have as well provided many wonderful memories over the years.

When it's all said & done...the memories shared with my own family relating to the Chiefs, as well as, fellow Chiefs friends and fans...are what matter most with being a Chiefs fan...from victories to disappointments to tailgating to watching at home with others.

Without the fans...the related traditions and memories...a pro sports team is really 'nothing' of significance in life at all.

and Chiefs memories shared with others...I'm good win or lose! hahaha
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 10-26-2009 at 03:12 PM. Reason: addtional thought

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Just want you all to know. I watch KC from Essen, Germany. I will always watch them even if they are in the dumps as they are now. Our day will come though, when KC will shine. And I will smile as I saw them go from nothing to something great. It will happen, just look at Arizona.

Wanted to edit my message so I can add this:

My loyality to KC is something like Spock and Kirk friendship. I shall and always will be your fan!

I've been a Chiefs fan since the late '60s. I've been through the ups and downs. I will ALWAYS be a Chiefs fan.

But I am getting older and the "down years" hurt more. DAMN!!! I want another Superbowl!

I cuss the coaches like everybody else when I don't like their calls. I'm a veteran "second guesser" and "Monday Morning Quarterback", but the one thing I am convinced of is that LJ HAS TO GO! He's doing more harm than good.

I'm going to go drink a beer to better days.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I've been a Chiefs fan since the late '60s. I've been through the ups and downs. I will ALWAYS be a Chiefs fan.

But I am getting older and the "down years" hurt more. DAMN!!! I want another Superbowl!

I cuss the coaches like everybody else when I don't like their calls. I'm a veteran "second guesser" and "Monday Morning Quarterback", but the one thing I am convinced of is that LJ HAS TO GO! He's doing more harm than good.

I'm going to go drink a beer to better days.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

The Chiefs and Royals will always ROCK as far as I'm concerned. :)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast