Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Suspend LJ.....INDEFINITELY!

Default Chiefs Suspend LJ.....INDEFINITELY!

« Bucs release OL Johnson after DUI arrest

News
    Chiefs suspend Johnson indefinitely

Posted: October 27th, 2009 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Kansas City Chiefs, Larry Johnson, Todd Haley

While Kansas City Chiefs coach Todd Haley is expected to address the recent comments by RB Larry Johnson during a news conference Tuesday, the team did release a statement saying it is continuing to investigate the situation.
    In the meantime, Johnson it not being allowed to practice with the team or participate in team activities.
    “The Kansas City Chiefs and the National Football League are continuing to investigate the alleged comments made by Larry Johnson,” the statement read. “Until that review is complete, the Chiefs have instructed Larry to refrain from practicing with the Chiefs or participating in other team activities. A decision regarding Larry’s status will be made once the investigation has concluded.”
    Johnson released an apology of his own Tuesday through his representatives.
    “First of all, I want to apologize to the fans of the Kansas City Chiefs and the rest of the NFL, Commissioner Goodell, the Chiefs organization, Coach Todd Haley, his staff, and my teammates for the words I used yesterday,” the statement read. ”I regret my actions. The words were used by me in frustration, and they were not appropriate.
    “I did not intend to offend anyone, but that is no excuse for what I said. I also want to apologize to all the kids who view athletes as role models. I was not a good role model yesterday and hopefully I can become a better role model. We all make mistakes, and the challenge is to learn from them.
    “I will do my best to learn from this one as I move toward becoming a better person, teammate, and member of the Kansas City Chiefs team and community.”

I FOR ONE SAY: ABOUT EFFIN TIME! Way to be Chiefs Org.

I'm not saying what LJ has said and done is right or wrong, but haven't we all talked some trash at some point in our lives. Also, I don't know a single person who hasn't b*tched or complained about their job,coworkers,or boss.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneygirl View Post
    I'm not saying what LJ has said and done is right or wrong, but haven't we all talked some trash at some point in our lives. Also, I don't know a single person who hasn't b*tched or complained about their job,coworkers,or boss.
    People get fired for complaining all the time. This dude is making millions for what now?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by stoneygirl View Post
    Pretty sure I b*tch about something everyday, just not to the media or on a worldwide forum, which could in turn cause negative ramifications for my entire company.

I was just simply stating that he's not doing anything the rest of us haven't done. Like I said, I'm not saying its right or wrong.

His poor agent. That is a joke for him to apologize. Hope it violates the NFL conduct policy and we can get rid of this cancer for good.....good job, chiefs org.!!!!

Yeah, anyone who doubts about ramifications should go on the internet tomorrow, and completely trash your business and your boss.

And then... good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Do you ever have one?

So you like him too?
    Don't hate on Canada for being blunt and calling out the obvious. It's really not his fault. He had a rough childhood or something like that.

This whole argument around LJ being given a free pass because of the way he was raised is about as ridiculous as I've ever heard. Let's say next week LJ punches a women's teeth out, would that be excused as well because there must have been something tramatic in his childhood?

It's a poor argument. My argument would be that LJ made a mistake like all of us do. His mistakes are magnified because he is an athlete and was provoked by the unhappy fans of a 1-6 team in a public forum. If you push anyone far enough, they will push back. He did, now he is paying the consequences.

This whole issue in my mind is about a lack of judgement. If I openly criticized my boss in front of millions of people, there is a strong chance I would be looking for a new job. He did, and he will be. If his comments only involved gay slurs, then he would could apoligize and be on his way. Instead he attacked his boss and as a result he will soon be looking for new employment.

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    You all know I like to be Devil's Advocate just to piss people off? I don't like going with the flow and being a bandwagon person. Just the way I am. Keep that in mind and don't take everything so seriously. Its the INTERNETS!!! Its all fun and games to me. This is fun stuff.
    Negative rep...seriously dude folks around here aren't that hard to get along with. Try it for once.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Negative rep...seriously dude folks around here aren't that hard to get along with. Try it for once.
    My posts are always getting attacked because my non caring thoughts towards LJ. Im also getting attacked for my thoughts on how everything is just human nature. It seems I have to hate LJ in order to get along

you all still don't get my human nature thing....thats not what i meant to the guy who just indirectly referred to my theory a few posts above.

Anyway enough of this. Focus on the much bigger problems with the team
    Last edited by kilobytes; 10-28-2009 at 01:27 AM.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Don't hate on Canada for being blunt and calling out the obvious. It's really not his fault. He had a rough childhood or something like that.

This whole argument around LJ being given a free pass because of the way he was raised is about as ridiculous as I've ever heard. Let's say next week LJ punches a women's teeth out, would that be excused as well because there must have been something tramatic in his childhood?

It's a poor argument. My argument would be that LJ made a mistake like all of us do. His mistakes are magnified because he is an athlete and was provoked by the unhappy fans of a 1-6 team in a public forum. If you push anyone far enough, they will push back. He did, now he is paying the consequences.

This whole issue in my mind is about a lack of judgement. If I openly criticized my boss in front of millions of people, there is a strong chance I would be looking for a new job. He did, and he will be. If his comments only involved gay slurs, then he would could apoligize and be on his way. Instead he attacked his boss and as a result he will soon be looking for new employment.
    Yeah, we'll need to feel his pain.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast