Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Chiefs Suspend LJ.....INDEFINITELY!

Default Chiefs Suspend LJ.....INDEFINITELY!

« Bucs release OL Johnson after DUI arrest

News
    Chiefs suspend Johnson indefinitely

Posted: October 27th, 2009 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Kansas City Chiefs, Larry Johnson, Todd Haley

While Kansas City Chiefs coach Todd Haley is expected to address the recent comments by RB Larry Johnson during a news conference Tuesday, the team did release a statement saying it is continuing to investigate the situation.
    In the meantime, Johnson it not being allowed to practice with the team or participate in team activities.
    “The Kansas City Chiefs and the National Football League are continuing to investigate the alleged comments made by Larry Johnson,” the statement read. “Until that review is complete, the Chiefs have instructed Larry to refrain from practicing with the Chiefs or participating in other team activities. A decision regarding Larry’s status will be made once the investigation has concluded.”
    Johnson released an apology of his own Tuesday through his representatives.
    “First of all, I want to apologize to the fans of the Kansas City Chiefs and the rest of the NFL, Commissioner Goodell, the Chiefs organization, Coach Todd Haley, his staff, and my teammates for the words I used yesterday,” the statement read. ”I regret my actions. The words were used by me in frustration, and they were not appropriate.
    “I did not intend to offend anyone, but that is no excuse for what I said. I also want to apologize to all the kids who view athletes as role models. I was not a good role model yesterday and hopefully I can become a better role model. We all make mistakes, and the challenge is to learn from them.
    “I will do my best to learn from this one as I move toward becoming a better person, teammate, and member of the Kansas City Chiefs team and community.”

I FOR ONE SAY: ABOUT EFFIN TIME! Way to be Chiefs Org.

Going 10-6 means beating the Steelers, which at one point I thought might be possible. Now, I'm not so sure.

Going 10-6 would be quite the turn around, though.

I wouldn't complain.

jb

And would probably be the first time a team ever went 1-6 then finished 10-6, heh.

I think I predicted 10-6 at the start of the season, too. We're not wrong yet, and may still be possible after the Jacksonville game, heh.

Well it looks as if LJ is suspended indefinitely untill Nov. 9th.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456