Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53

Thread: Chiefs Suspend LJ.....INDEFINITELY!

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fort Madison, Iowa
    Posts
    1,467
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Chiefs Suspend LJ.....INDEFINITELY!


    0 Not allowed!
    « Bucs release OL Johnson after DUI arrest

    News
    Chiefs suspend Johnson indefinitely


    Posted: October 27th, 2009 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Kansas City Chiefs, Larry Johnson, Todd Haley


    While Kansas City Chiefs coach Todd Haley is expected to address the recent comments by RB Larry Johnson during a news conference Tuesday, the team did release a statement saying it is continuing to investigate the situation.
    In the meantime, Johnson it not being allowed to practice with the team or participate in team activities.
    “The Kansas City Chiefs and the National Football League are continuing to investigate the alleged comments made by Larry Johnson,” the statement read. “Until that review is complete, the Chiefs have instructed Larry to refrain from practicing with the Chiefs or participating in other team activities. A decision regarding Larry’s status will be made once the investigation has concluded.”
    Johnson released an apology of his own Tuesday through his representatives.
    “First of all, I want to apologize to the fans of the Kansas City Chiefs and the rest of the NFL, Commissioner Goodell, the Chiefs organization, Coach Todd Haley, his staff, and my teammates for the words I used yesterday,” the statement read. ”I regret my actions. The words were used by me in frustration, and they were not appropriate.
    “I did not intend to offend anyone, but that is no excuse for what I said. I also want to apologize to all the kids who view athletes as role models. I was not a good role model yesterday and hopefully I can become a better role model. We all make mistakes, and the challenge is to learn from them.
    “I will do my best to learn from this one as I move toward becoming a better person, teammate, and member of the Kansas City Chiefs team and community.”




    I FOR ONE SAY: ABOUT EFFIN TIME! Way to be Chiefs Org.

  2. #41
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas city, MO
    Posts
    2,242
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    Everything we do is human nature. Can't blame people in the tendencies they have. Like most of us will hate LJ (not me) because of the way he acts but you must realize the emotional challenges he has had. He is a complex human being that most of us don't understand. Its extremely hard to kick habits or the way you are. Deep down he is in turmoil. We must understand one another but its human nature to be ignorant. I was fortunate enough to think of this philosophy because of certain events that triggered me to think it. This philosophy is really hard for people to understand because they seem to think that everything is your own fault when we can't help our tendencies. Then they say you control your actions. Well its harder for certain people to control anger than others. Its basically just all your fate and the certain circumstances when you were a kid which led up to what you are. Tendencies are harder to stop for some people than others. So deal with it. You can help the less fortunate people, if you were fortunate enough, to kick the tendencies but its nearly impossible to do so. Thats all i will say about this complex philosophical thought. I can't help thinking this way because it just popped up in thought.

    I honestly don't give a damn from all the things he has done because its really minor things. I don't like this suspension. I just don't because thats what I think.


    You all got your wish......
    This a serious case of man love!!!!

  3. #42
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,397
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 62

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post

    My posts are always getting attacked because my non caring thoughts towards LJ. Im also getting attacked for my thoughts on how everything is just human nature. It seems I have to hate LJ in order to get along

    you all still don't get my human nature thing....thats not what i meant to the guy who just indirectly referred to my theory a few posts above.

    Anyway enough of this. Focus on the much bigger problems with the team
    I agree, this team is sucking, love them still I do, I still think hum 1-6, we could still win out, and make the play offs!!!

  4. #43
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    3,993
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I agree, this team is sucking, love them still I do, I still think hum 1-6, we could still win out, and make the play offs!!!
    10-6 babeeeee!!!
    SHUT IT

  5. #44
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post

    My posts are always getting attacked because my non caring thoughts towards LJ. Im also getting attacked for my thoughts on how everything is just human nature.
    No we get your point on Human Nature, we just don't agree that it is a valid excuse for keeping LJ on the team.

    You can succumb to your animal tendencies all you want, go ahead, you will be in jail within a few years and then we will not have to hear anymore about how it is all human nature.


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

  6. #45
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    424
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    Everything we do is human nature. Can't blame people in the tendencies they have. Like most of us will hate LJ (not me) because of the way he acts but you must realize the emotional challenges he has had. He is a complex human being that most of us don't understand. Its extremely hard to kick habits or the way you are. Deep down he is in turmoil. We must understand one another but its human nature to be ignorant. I was fortunate enough to think of this philosophy because of certain events that triggered me to think it. This philosophy is really hard for people to understand because they seem to think that everything is your own fault when we can't help our tendencies. Then they say you control your actions. Well its harder for certain people to control anger than others. Its basically just all your fate and the certain circumstances when you were a kid which led up to what you are. Tendencies are harder to stop for some people than others. So deal with it. You can help the less fortunate people, if you were fortunate enough, to kick the tendencies but its nearly impossible to do so. Thats all i will say about this complex philosophical thought. I can't help thinking this way because it just popped up in thought.

    I honestly don't give a damn from all the things he has done because its really minor things. I don't like this suspension. I just don't because thats what I think.


    You all got your wish......

    I get what you're saying about human nature, and to an extent you are correct; many of our personality traits are sort of pre-destined in a way by our genetics.

    But at the same time, that's still not an excuse, and you know it. Would you simply shrug your shoulders as you have effectively done with LJ if someone, acting on "human nature" murdered the entirety of your family (because, as I'm sure you know, the tendency to commit serious crimes is now thought in part to be a genetic trait)? No, you wouldn't, because that behavior is harmful to others and therefore unacceptable in our society.

    Same with LJ. His behavior is detrimental to the functionality of a team and a business, and he should therefore be extricated from the situation. Easy as pie.

  7. #46
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Wink


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    Everything we do is human nature. Can't blame people in the tendencies they have. Like most of us will hate LJ (not me) because of the way he acts but you must realize the emotional challenges he has had. He is a complex human being that most of us don't understand. Its extremely hard to kick habits or the way you are. Deep down he is in turmoil. We must understand one another but its human nature to be ignorant. I was fortunate enough to think of this philosophy because of certain events that triggered me to think it. This philosophy is really hard for people to understand because they seem to think that everything is your own fault when we can't help our tendencies. Then they say you control your actions. Well its harder for certain people to control anger than others. Its basically just all your fate and the certain circumstances when you were a kid which led up to what you are. Tendencies are harder to stop for some people than others. So deal with it. You can help the less fortunate people, if you were fortunate enough, to kick the tendencies but its nearly impossible to do so. Thats all i will say about this complex philosophical thought. I can't help thinking this way because it just popped up in thought.

    I honestly don't give a damn from all the things he has done because its really minor things. I don't like this suspension. I just don't because thats what I think.


    You all got your wish......
    Well, I don't 'hate', but I will dislike and disrespect a person based upon who they are as a human being by their own choices. I do fully comprehend your opinion, however...I respectively disagree. I consider myself a very complex individual too in many ways, and my own childhood was one of which likely was very comparible to LJ's, if not worse.

    I may be judgmental on the subject, but considering my own very bad & abusive childhood, and my not allowing it to be an excuse/reason for my adult failures/success' in life...I haven't much empathy for the 'blame it on the childhood' excuse.

    There are many times in my life I have to bite my tongue, not react 'naturally'...it takes inner strength to maintain self control and self discipline. Sometimes yes...we lose it naturally as humans...but, we hopefully are mature enough to learn from those mistakes, build upon our inner strength of learning self control & discipline...and not keep repeating such disasterous mistakes. LJ doesn't appear to have that aspect of inner strength, nor of which he can learn from past mistakes of losing self control & build his inner strength to resist temptation...and he's proven it repeatedly.

    It's one thing to make a mistake, it's something else to keep on making the same ones...and LJ does, he never learns from his mistakes, and goes about his life not honestly accepting accountability for his own mistakes. If as you say, his behavior is beyond his control...then obviously he needs professional help with learning self discipline and how to build inner strength to resist anger & temper issues.

    His lack of such likely will ruin his life in the long run, and very possibly his career in the NFL if he doesn't soon get his irresponsible, immature, unprofessional, and emotionally/physically abusive mentality together. He wants a pro's salary...to live a posh lifestyle, then he needs to earn it professionally in all aspects...including his mentality.

    Respectively speaking...it does appear IMO that you are making excuses for him, and there honestly are none.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 10-28-2009 at 01:36 PM. Reason: typo

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  8. #47
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    235
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Well, I don't 'hate', but I will dislike and disrespect a person based upon who they are as a human being by their own choices. I do fully comprehend your opinion, however...I respectively disagree. I consider myself a very complex individual too in many ways, and my own childhood was one of which likely was very comparible to LJ's, if not worse.

    I may be judgmental on the subject, but considering my own very bad & abusive childhood, and my not allowing it to be an excuse/reason for my adult failures/success' in life...I haven't much empathy for the 'blame it on the childhood' excuse.

    There are many times in my life I have to bite my tongue, not react 'naturally'...it takes inner strength to maintain self control and self discipline. Sometimes yes...we lose it naturally as humans...but, we hopefully are mature enough to learn from those mistakes, build upon our inner strength of learning self control & discipline...and not keep repeating such disasterous mistakes. LJ doesn't appear to have that aspect of inner strength, nor of which he can learn from past mistakes of losing self control & build his inner strength to resist temptation...and he's proven it repeatedly.

    It's one thing to make a mistake, it's something else to keep on making the same ones...and LJ does, he never learns from his mistakes, and goes about his life not honestly accepting accountability for his own mistakes. If as you say, his behavior is beyond his control...then obviously he needs professional help with learning self discipline and how to build inner strength to resist anger & temper issues.

    His lack of such likely will ruin his life in the long run, and very possibly his career in the NFL if he doesn't soon get his irresponsible, immature, unprofessional, and emotionally/physically abusive mentality together. He wants a pro's salary...to live a posh lifestyle, then he needs to earn it professionally in all aspects...including his mentality.

    Respectively speaking...it does appear IMO that you are making excuses for him, and there honestly are none.

    And everyone in agreement say Amen

    Amen

  9. #48
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas city, MO
    Posts
    2,242
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Well, I don't 'hate', but I will dislike and disrespect a person based upon who they are as a human being by their own choices. I do fully comprehend your opinion, however...I respectively disagree. I consider myself a very complex individual too in many ways, and my own childhood was one of which likely was very comparible to LJ's, if not worse.

    I may be judgmental on the subject, but considering my own very bad & abusive childhood, and my not allowing it to be an excuse/reason for my adult failures/success' in life...I haven't much empathy for the 'blame it on the childhood' excuse.

    There are many times in my life I have to bite my tongue, not react 'naturally'...it takes inner strength to maintain self control and self discipline. Sometimes yes...we lose it naturally as humans...but, we hopefully are mature enough to learn from those mistakes, build upon our inner strength of learning self control & discipline...and not keep repeating such disasterous mistakes. LJ doesn't appear to have that aspect of inner strength, nor of which he can learn from past mistakes of losing self control & build his inner strength to resist temptation...and he's proven it repeatedly.

    It's one thing to make a mistake, it's something else to keep on making the same ones...and LJ does, he never learns from his mistakes, and goes about his life not honestly accepting accountability for his own mistakes. If as you say, his behavior is beyond his control...then obviously he needs professional help with learning self discipline and how to build inner strength to resist anger & temper issues.

    His lack of such likely will ruin his life in the long run, and very possibly his career in the NFL if he doesn't soon get his irresponsible, immature, unprofessional, and emotionally/physically abusive mentality together. He wants a pro's salary...to live a posh lifestyle, then he needs to earn it professionally in all aspects...including his mentality.

    Respectively speaking...it does appear IMO that you are making excuses for him, and there honestly are none.
    Well stated!!!

  10. #49
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Location
    springfield mo
    Posts
    1,102
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    10-6 babeeeee!!!
    That was my preseason prediction.
    Chiefs in 2011

  11. #50
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    673
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    That was my preseason prediction.
    We can only hope.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Michael Vick Suspended Indefinitely
    By Sweets in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 10:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •