Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Suspend LJ.....INDEFINITELY!

Default Chiefs Suspend LJ.....INDEFINITELY!

« Bucs release OL Johnson after DUI arrest

News
    Chiefs suspend Johnson indefinitely

Posted: October 27th, 2009 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Kansas City Chiefs, Larry Johnson, Todd Haley

While Kansas City Chiefs coach Todd Haley is expected to address the recent comments by RB Larry Johnson during a news conference Tuesday, the team did release a statement saying it is continuing to investigate the situation.
    In the meantime, Johnson it not being allowed to practice with the team or participate in team activities.
    “The Kansas City Chiefs and the National Football League are continuing to investigate the alleged comments made by Larry Johnson,” the statement read. “Until that review is complete, the Chiefs have instructed Larry to refrain from practicing with the Chiefs or participating in other team activities. A decision regarding Larry’s status will be made once the investigation has concluded.”
    Johnson released an apology of his own Tuesday through his representatives.
    “First of all, I want to apologize to the fans of the Kansas City Chiefs and the rest of the NFL, Commissioner Goodell, the Chiefs organization, Coach Todd Haley, his staff, and my teammates for the words I used yesterday,” the statement read. ”I regret my actions. The words were used by me in frustration, and they were not appropriate.
    “I did not intend to offend anyone, but that is no excuse for what I said. I also want to apologize to all the kids who view athletes as role models. I was not a good role model yesterday and hopefully I can become a better role model. We all make mistakes, and the challenge is to learn from them.
    “I will do my best to learn from this one as I move toward becoming a better person, teammate, and member of the Kansas City Chiefs team and community.”

I FOR ONE SAY: ABOUT EFFIN TIME! Way to be Chiefs Org.

Thank god. But I hope the reason they're not cutting him outright is a legality or monetary move, rather than them actually having plans for him wear a Chiefs uniform ever again.

Sir Tweets-a-lot is finally getting what he deserves.
    Chiefs in 2011

Time to pack the Bentley and get out. No need to wait for any investigation. Just do us all a favor and leave.
    SHUT IT

Thing is...I highly doubt that statement released by LJ's reps were his words from his mouth...he pay's people to speak for him in the best possible way to be of benefit to him...in this case, hoping for sympathy.

I'm not buying he's genuinely remorseful, other than fearing his wallet may be thinner in the future & his future overall. It is what it is, and he is what he is...people get what they put in, and get what they deserve...sometimes, and this appears to be one of those times.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Yikes, look what technology can do!

Knucklehead should have known that the moment he posts something like that the whole world can read it.

I agree with those that think he doesn't want to be in KC and this is his way of punching his ticket out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Thing is...I highly doubt that statement released by LJ's reps were his words from his mouth...he pay's people to speak for him in the best possible way to be of benefit to him...in this case, hoping for sympathy.

I'm not buying he's genuinely remorseful, other than fearing his wallet may be thinner in the future & his future overall. It is what it is, and he is what he is...people get what they put in, and get what they deserve...sometimes, and this appears to be one of those times.
    I couldn't agree more. The only reason he is saying he is sorry is because they reminded him that if he gets cut he doesn't get any of the money. He will hopefully be broke and out of the league very soon. Then he can go back and ask his daddy for some money cause he was to damn stupid to keep his mouth shut and make his own money.

No Surprise here. It's not like the Chiefs are making a run at the playoffs. This is Pioli/Haley's chance to make a statement about the character of people they are looking for in the locker room.

Everything we do is human nature. Can't blame people in the tendencies they have. Like most of us will hate LJ (not me) because of the way he acts but you must realize the emotional challenges he has had. He is a complex human being that most of us don't understand. Its extremely hard to kick habits or the way you are. Deep down he is in turmoil. We must understand one another but its human nature to be ignorant. I was fortunate enough to think of this philosophy because of certain events that triggered me to think it. This philosophy is really hard for people to understand because they seem to think that everything is your own fault when we can't help our tendencies. Then they say you control your actions. Well its harder for certain people to control anger than others. Its basically just all your fate and the certain circumstances when you were a kid which led up to what you are. Tendencies are harder to stop for some people than others. So deal with it. You can help the less fortunate people, if you were fortunate enough, to kick the tendencies but its nearly impossible to do so. Thats all i will say about this complex philosophical thought. I can't help thinking this way because it just popped up in thought.

I honestly don't give a damn from all the things he has done because its really minor things. I don't like this suspension. I just don't because thats what I think.

You all got your wish......
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post

Typed the words right off my keyboard! These words would carry a lot more weight coming from LJ himself instead of his cronies.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast