Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: I think we should all just step back from the ledge!

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    302
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 6

    Default I think we should all just step back from the ledge!


    0 Not allowed!
    Ok I know we are all dying to talk football especially Chiefs football and it happens every year where we all dissect the crap out of pre-season. I am not saying the Chiefs are going to win the Super bowl or even going to make the playoffs but I know they made the playoffs last year and I believe this years Chiefs are better than last year in both offense and defense. Last time I checked we still have Huard who was the quarterback that got us in the playoffs and more importantly LJ is still here with something to prove after the signing of his new contract. Call me crazy but when McIntosh gets back at left tackle the Chiefs "O" line will be ok. We finally have a legit play making receiver in Bowe to now open up Gonzalez and give steady Eddie a little more room to move. Lets not forget that the Defense added Edwards, Harris and the defensive tackles will now be alot deeper with draft picks McBride and Tyler. Pre-season is vanilla defense and base offense, there is next to no game planning and the coaching staff is spending the majority of the time evaluating players. We can all get back out to the ledge if what we are seeing in the pre-season shows its ugly face in the weeks to come but for now I will enjoy the fact that the Chiefs are undefeated and in first place!

    CHIEFS! CHIEFS! CHIEFS! CHIEFS!

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    544
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    SickDog,

    (Word of advice -- if you say "Huard" everyone will tell you are crazy and a chicken and Croyle is the only option because he is the QB of the future - but I agree Huard should start.)

    AMEN! I don't think we scored a TD last year in pre-season and we made the play-offs. Defense is better. Receivers should be better. O-line is questionable, but give it time.

    So I agree. Away from the ledge!
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

  3. #3
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I don't want Huard because I am tired of the stop-gap solution. Rebuild. Starting now. I don't care as much about the losses as long as Croyle is in there.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    As a 49er fan, I know very well what you guys are about to go through. And Guru has it right...don't drag it out over 4-5 years like the 49ers did. Suck bad for 1-2 years and get it over with...rebuild now.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,148
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 451

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    As a 49er fan, I know very well what you guys are about to go through. And Guru has it right...don't drag it out over 4-5 years like the 49ers did. Suck bad for 1-2 years and get it over with...rebuild now.

    Eggsactlay!


  6. #6
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,344
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Dog View Post
    Ok I know we are all dying to talk football especially Chiefs football and it happens every year where we all dissect the crap out of pre-season. I am not saying the Chiefs are going to win the Super bowl or even going to make the playoffs but I know they made the playoffs last year and I believe this years Chiefs are better than last year in both offense and defense. Last time I checked we still have Huard who was the quarterback that got us in the playoffs and more importantly LJ is still here with something to prove after the signing of his new contract. Call me crazy but when McIntosh gets back at left tackle the Chiefs "O" line will be ok. We finally have a legit play making receiver in Bowe to now open up Gonzalez and give steady Eddie a little more room to move. Lets not forget that the Defense added Edwards, Harris and the defensive tackles will now be alot deeper with draft picks McBride and Tyler. Pre-season is vanilla defense and base offense, there is next to no game planning and the coaching staff is spending the majority of the time evaluating players. We can all get back out to the ledge if what we are seeing in the pre-season shows its ugly face in the weeks to come but for now I will enjoy the fact that the Chiefs are undefeated and in first place!

    CHIEFS! CHIEFS! CHIEFS! CHIEFS!
    I could not agree with you more.


  7. #7
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,149
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    If Huard doesn't tear it up, then Croyle will still get thrown to the wolves. Don't worry.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,148
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 451

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    If Huard doesn't tear it up, then Croyle will still get thrown to the wolves. Don't worry.
    Yup; no argument here.


  9. #9
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,149
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yup; no argument here.
    Imagine that.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,148
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 451

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Imagine that.
    ...I'm just full of surprises.


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •