Thread: KCChiefs.com : Q&A with TODD HALEY - 10/28

Default KCChiefs.com : Q&A with TODD HALEY - 10/28

TODD HALEY: "With all due respect, I'm not answering anything on Larry [Johnson]. Period. If you want to ask questions about our team and the bye and getting better that's what I'll answer." Q: What are you working on?

More...

A lot of us have discussed here if we should make Jamaal Charles our primary running back. Todd Haley got that question and didn't mention Charles at all in the reply. He must have wanted to avoid that topic for some reason.

Q: How comfortable would you be entering a game with Jamaal Charles as your primary back? Is he an every-down back?

HALEY: “As I said, running back is a position of strength for us. The fact that Kolby is coming around is an exciting thing for me because I think he’s got a chance to be decent. But that’s a position of strength for us but we haven’t been where we need to be obviously. I think we’ve worked hard at running the ball but really the results aren’t there right now. Again, this week is a great week to really improve that aspect of our offense. With this team running the ball is something we’re going to have to do successfully to compete every week.”

I'm also a little surprised to see him say rb is a position of strength for us. He even says that Kolby "has a chance to be decent", acknowledging that Kolby hasn't emerged as much better than mediocore so far. Plus you have the LJ situation of his 2.7 yard average, and now probably not even going to play for us anymore.

But Haley did refer to our record as 1-6 this time, instead of 1-2. :)
    Last edited by IlovetheChiefs; 10-28-2009 at 08:23 PM.