Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Matt Cassel

Default Matt Cassel

Right now, I don't think Matt Cassel is living up to the hype that everybody was giving him. I know KC doesn't have the best offensive line in th league, but he is making some pretty poor throws when he has receivers wide open. It's a big difference when you come from New England where you have a really good offensive line. It can make you look like your a good quarterback even if your not. I know he stepped up last year and won alot of games for his team and you have to give him credit for that. I am trying to understand how you can go and give somebody 66 million dollars when they have only played 1 year? I think Kanasas City could have went out and signed a vet quarterback for a year and spent that type of money somewhere else and tried to draft a quarterback this year if needed. I'm just trying to understand what is going through the heads of the people at the front office. Not to mention, Todd Hailey is a horrible play caller. The guy calls running plays when we're down 30. Just my thoughts, what does everybody else think?????

Quote Originally Posted by KEEPSNAPPIN View Post
    Matt Cassel is averaging 142 yards passing per game. He has 9 td passes in 7 games. He has 126 yards rushing. I don't care how bad your O-line is, those are pathetic stats.
    Keep on trollin.
    Chiefs in 2011

Matt Cassel is averaging 142 yards passing per game. He has 9 td passes in 7 games. He has 126 yards rushing. I don't care how bad your O-line is, those are pathetic stats.
    How well do you think Montana would've done with our current caliber of play on the offense? With a few possible exceptions lacking skill & talent, an NFL QB is only as good as his team...his team will make or break him. Cassell showed what he is cabable of with a good offense working together as a team.

I've witnessed many well thrown passes by Cassell that were dropped, or completely missed by his team mates...of which easily could've increased his stats had those passes been caught.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

OMG you a severe problem.. Put Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, anyone back there with that protection and recivers that drop the balls and see what his stats look like.
    Last edited by honda522; 10-29-2009 at 03:54 PM.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

If he had a big red "S" on his chest he would't need a team around him.

The O line is not just bad its horrible. Its hard to put up the big numbers if your being put on your back 2 secounds after you get the ball. Matt Cassel is not the major problem with the Chiefs right now. Can he play better sure he can. But to just look at those stats is not a good way to judge what he has done. Look at some others.

Sacks pressures and hits. I am not sure what those numbers are but I am sure if hes not the most hit QB in the NFL he is near the top. Its fine to expect him to put up big numbers but if the Reciver does not have time to run there routes or they just dont do a good job it is hard to put up numbers.

TDs to INT. Matt Cassel is doing his job in this department. He has 9 td pass and 5 ints. Thats almost a 2 for 1 td to int. Keep in mind at least one of those INTS hit the reciver right in the chest the reciver did not do a good job to catch the ball it bounced off his arms and got picked. Cassel at this point is not to Win games hes more of a game manager at this point with this offense.

To put the blame on just the QB is never the answer. Sure his numbers are not that impressive. But look at this. Would you rather have Jamrcus Russel. Cassel is doing a better job then a number 1 pick with a worse O line. Its not all Cassels fault. Give the chiefs time to put a o line that resembles an NFL o line and then judge.

Maybe Haley's calling running plays on 3rd and long all the time because he knows the defense is going to t-off on Cassel and he doesn't want him to get killed trying to finish the season?

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Your telling me that Cassel can't move?

This thread is quickly becoming
    He is slow. He is not a scrambler at all. Got sacked the most in the league behind a Patriot Offensive line. Wasn't even good up there. Couldn't even hit moss very well. Hasn't proven his 60 million plus dollars. Even when he gets descent protection he misses targets. I know the WR aren't helping much but passes are way off half the time. I don't care about the hanging in there crap. Even Len Dawson said he was pretty bad last game on Dawson's QB critique segment. The only thing positive he said was that he is hanging in there. Thigpen is a much better fit with this O line. Put up almost as good numbers as Cassel and got sacked way fewer times. Cassel OVERALL has been descent.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    OMG you a severe problem.. Put Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, anyone back there with that protection and recivers that drop the balls and see what his stats look like.
    Honestly those QB's find ways to adjust. They would put up better numbers than that easily. Cassel is no where near these elite QB's.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    Honestly those QB's find ways to adjust. They would put up better numbers than that easily. Cassel is no where near these elite QB's.
    You don't even give him a chance. He hasn't even started a game since HS up until last year.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    He is slow. He is not a scrambler at all. Got sacked the most in the league behind a Patriot Offensive line. Wasn't even good up there. Couldn't even hit moss very well. Hasn't proven his 60 million plus dollars. Even when he gets descent protection he misses targets. I know the WR aren't helping much but passes are way off half the time. I don't care about the hanging in there crap. Even Len Dawson said he was pretty bad last game on Dawson's QB critique segment. The only thing positive he said was that he is hanging in there. Thigpen is a much better fit with this O line. Put up almost as good numbers as Cassel and got sacked way fewer times. Cassel OVERALL has been descent.
    Do you even watch football? Most of that descriptions sounds like LJ. The one guy on our team who is showing signs of life is the guy you dont like.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast