Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Matt Cassel

Default Matt Cassel

Right now, I don't think Matt Cassel is living up to the hype that everybody was giving him. I know KC doesn't have the best offensive line in th league, but he is making some pretty poor throws when he has receivers wide open. It's a big difference when you come from New England where you have a really good offensive line. It can make you look like your a good quarterback even if your not. I know he stepped up last year and won alot of games for his team and you have to give him credit for that. I am trying to understand how you can go and give somebody 66 million dollars when they have only played 1 year? I think Kanasas City could have went out and signed a vet quarterback for a year and spent that type of money somewhere else and tried to draft a quarterback this year if needed. I'm just trying to understand what is going through the heads of the people at the front office. Not to mention, Todd Hailey is a horrible play caller. The guy calls running plays when we're down 30. Just my thoughts, what does everybody else think?????

Quote Originally Posted by KEEPSNAPPIN View Post
    Focus on the long term? Isn't that what Herm and his boys did 4 years ago? They went out and signed a ton of young players to "rebuild" the organization. Then Pioli and Hailey come in and get rid of most of those players, and sign a bunch of veterans, most of which are from the Patriots. Also, how many of the players that they got rid, are making significant contributions to other teams, but they weren't good enough for Hailey and the gang. I have a hard time respecting a coach that has NEVER played the game he's coaching. I know that many of the best coaches were not good players, but at least they were Players. I think the Hunt family saw an opportunity for something new, and instead of hiring someone that was more fitting for the position, they hired who was hot for the last 5 games of the year. Pioli also needs to remember he's not with the patriots anymore, and start dealing for other teams. Maybe The Tuna has him on a short leash, and thats why he still wheels and deals with the dolphins and the Pats, but it's starting to get pretty old. It's hard to be a chiefs fan when there are a bunch of idiots running the organization. Maybe the chiefs can pull off a victory at practice this weekend.

KEEPSNAPPIN
    Important matters first and foremost with my reply, hahaha. As far as your saying it's hard to be a Chiefs fan...well, regardless of whether or not idiots are at the helm...it's not hard for me to be a Chiefs fan. I'll always be a Chiefs fan...they are in my blood, literally. I'm loyal to the core...win or lose.

I'm like the Captain of the Titanic...I'll always stay aboard and sink with my ship, regardless of why the ship sinks.

Nope, not what Herm and his boys did at all, hahaha. Their claim to rebuild was more of an excuse in advance of their mistakes. Hell, Carl Peterson used "we're rebuilding" as an excuse repeatedly with each losing season throughout his tenure as GM. The excuse worked for many seasons, but the man cried wolf too many times, and no one believed him anymore...as a result, he was fired.

The Chiefs organization is a completely different one now claiming to be rebuilding. Clark has taken over with the loss of Lamar (RIP), new GM, new coaches, new players as a result of the long term plan of the new GM & Coaches.

Keep in mind, that most Head Coaches were once Assistant Coaches, they all had first years, and most faced rebuilding losing teams, and most took a couple years or so to be victorious in their efforts. It's way to early to declare Pioli and Haley as failures IMO. I may sing a different tune in a couple years, but feel considering the damage Peterson & Edwards left our Chiefs in...Pioli and Haley deserve more than half a season prior to being judged.

As far as your saying it's hard to be a Chiefs fan

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by KEEPSNAPPIN View Post
    Focus on the long term? Isn't that what Herm and his boys did 4 years ago? They went out and signed a ton of young players to "rebuild" the organization. Then Pioli and Hailey come in and get rid of most of those players, and sign a bunch of veterans, most of which are from the Patriots. Also, how many of the players that they got rid, are making significant contributions to other teams, but they weren't good enough for Hailey and the gang. I have a hard time respecting a coach that has NEVER played the game he's coaching. I know that many of the best coaches were not good players, but at least they were Players. I think the Hunt family saw an opportunity for something new, and instead of hiring someone that was more fitting for the position, they hired who was hot for the last 5 games of the year. Pioli also needs to remember he's not with the patriots anymore, and start dealing for other teams. Maybe The Tuna has him on a short leash, and thats why he still wheels and deals with the dolphins and the Pats, but it's starting to get pretty old. It's hard to be a chiefs fan when there are a bunch of idiots running the organization. Maybe the chiefs can pull off a victory at practice this weekend.

KEEPSNAPPIN
    You do realize Larry is turning 30 soon or already has turned 30.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567