Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Matt Cassel

Default Matt Cassel

Right now, I don't think Matt Cassel is living up to the hype that everybody was giving him. I know KC doesn't have the best offensive line in th league, but he is making some pretty poor throws when he has receivers wide open. It's a big difference when you come from New England where you have a really good offensive line. It can make you look like your a good quarterback even if your not. I know he stepped up last year and won alot of games for his team and you have to give him credit for that. I am trying to understand how you can go and give somebody 66 million dollars when they have only played 1 year? I think Kanasas City could have went out and signed a vet quarterback for a year and spent that type of money somewhere else and tried to draft a quarterback this year if needed. I'm just trying to understand what is going through the heads of the people at the front office. Not to mention, Todd Hailey is a horrible play caller. The guy calls running plays when we're down 30. Just my thoughts, what does everybody else think?????

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    He is slow. He is not a scrambler at all. Got sacked the most in the league behind a Patriot Offensive line. Wasn't even good up there. Couldn't even hit moss very well. Hasn't proven his 60 million plus dollars. Even when he gets descent protection he misses targets. I know the WR aren't helping much but passes are way off half the time. I don't care about the hanging in there crap. Even Len Dawson said he was pretty bad last game on Dawson's QB critique segment. The only thing positive he said was that he is hanging in there. Thigpen is a much better fit with this O line. Put up almost as good numbers as Cassel and got sacked way fewer times. Cassel OVERALL has been descent.
    I agree Thigpen was a good QB with our offense currently, & had hoped he would stay...but Thigpen is gone, and Cassell is the QB of the Chiefs future so it appears. With that thought in mind, judging the overall play so far...Cassell can't be expected to win games with the current offense playing the low caliber they are.

Regardless of his mistakes...of which are to be expected as he re-adjusts to a new team & overall plan, it takes a TEAM to win, not just one man, and it takes a TEAM to lose, not just one man.

Len Dawson also has said more than once during his career...when a game is won the QB is the hero, when it is lost he is the villian, regardless...and it appears to be that way, judging from some opinions read.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I will just say this, I am not impressed yet, in the Coach, the QB, and the offensive scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post

Len Dawson also has said more than once during his career...when a game is won the QB is the hero, when it is lost he is the villian, regardless...and it appears to be that way, judging from some opinions read.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    He is slow. He is not a scrambler at all. Got sacked the most in the league behind a Patriot Offensive line. Wasn't even good up there. Couldn't even hit moss very well. Hasn't proven his 60 million plus dollars. Even when he gets descent protection he misses targets. I know the WR aren't helping much but passes are way off half the time. I don't care about the hanging in there crap. Even Len Dawson said he was pretty bad last game on Dawson's QB critique segment. The only thing positive he said was that he is hanging in there. Thigpen is a much better fit with this O line. Put up almost as good numbers as Cassel and got sacked way fewer times. Cassel OVERALL has been descent.

While I do agree that as of right now Cassel has not earned his 60 million well thats about all i agree with.

Thigpen first. Thigpen put up good numbers but he had Tony G to throw to. Tony G helped to make thigpen look better then what he was. Thigpen is more Mobil then Cassle yes but Thigpen also tends to throw interceptions. Thats something that Cassle has done a good job of not doing for the most part. Hes had 2 games out of 7 were he has thrown picks. With Thigpen that number would probley be higher and this team can NOT win if they are turning the ball over.

Cassle in new england was not that good? Did you watch football a year ago. The Pats still put up points. There D was not that good and that hurt them in games. The pats also had wes welker banged up most the season so one of there weapons was not 100% That hurt them as well. Yes Cassle can tend to hang on to the ball to long at times but to say he was the problem in New England is just showing you either are trying to be a troll or you do not understand the game of football. The Pats went 10-5 in games that Matt Cassel started I think thats pretty good. Give Cassle time to devolpe and give the chiefs time to put an o line in front of him. Then see what he can do. To blame one person for the offense is just plain stupid to be honest.

Seems like some here always complained about the "quick fixees" that got us here in the first place and now that we are going about it the right way, its not happening fast enough. There is always someone second guessing and no one wants to give this rebuild the time it needs. I know, I know...we have been rebuilding for years. The truth is we have not been rebuilding we have been repairing and it ain't working. If u want overnight results it ain't happening so come back in 3 years and start cheering again.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Seems like some here always complained about the "quick fixees" that got us here in the first place and now that we are going about it the right way, its not happening fast enough. There is always someone second guessing and no one wants to give this rebuild the time it needs. I know, I know...we have been rebuilding for years. The truth is we have not been rebuilding we have been repairing and it ain't working. If u want overnight results it ain't happening so come back in 3 years and start cheering again.
    Well said..Rep added.

We have been putting band-aids on big wide open cuts.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

AGREE 100%

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

The quick fixes never entirly worked. This team will be good in a couple of years I realy belive that. I am willing to wait and cheer my football team no matter what or how hard it can be at times. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I agree Thigpen was a good QB with our offense currently, & had hoped he would stay...but Thigpen is gone, and Cassell is the QB of the Chiefs future so it appears. With that thought in mind, judging the overall play so far...Cassell can't be expected to win games with the current offense playing the low caliber they are.

Regardless of his mistakes...of which are to be expected as he re-adjusts to a new team & overall plan, it takes a TEAM to win, not just one man, and it takes a TEAM to lose, not just one man.

agreed. Though Cassel isn't a problem for me right now at all. Its the offensive line who I put most of the blame on then the Head Coach.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast