Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Matt Cassel

Default Matt Cassel

Right now, I don't think Matt Cassel is living up to the hype that everybody was giving him. I know KC doesn't have the best offensive line in th league, but he is making some pretty poor throws when he has receivers wide open. It's a big difference when you come from New England where you have a really good offensive line. It can make you look like your a good quarterback even if your not. I know he stepped up last year and won alot of games for his team and you have to give him credit for that. I am trying to understand how you can go and give somebody 66 million dollars when they have only played 1 year? I think Kanasas City could have went out and signed a vet quarterback for a year and spent that type of money somewhere else and tried to draft a quarterback this year if needed. I'm just trying to understand what is going through the heads of the people at the front office. Not to mention, Todd Hailey is a horrible play caller. The guy calls running plays when we're down 30. Just my thoughts, what does everybody else think?????

Quote Originally Posted by KEEPSNAPPIN View Post
    Right now, I don't think Matt Cassel is living up to the hype that everybody was giving him. I know KC doesn't have the best offensive line in th league, but he is making some pretty poor throws when he has receivers wide open. It's a big difference when you come from New England where you have a really good offensive line. It can make you look like your a good quarterback even if your not. I know he stepped up last year and won alot of games for his team and you have to give him credit for that. I am trying to understand how you can go and give somebody 66 million dollars when they have only played 1 year? I think Kanasas City could have went out and signed a vet quarterback for a year and spent that type of money somewhere else and tried to draft a quarterback this year if needed. I'm just trying to understand what is going through the heads of the people at the front office. Not to mention, Todd Hailey is a horrible play caller. The guy calls running plays when we're down 30. Just my thoughts, what does everybody else think?????
    Let me ask you this KEEPSNAPPIN, do you think Trent Green was a serviceable QB? Well if you compare the numbers between Green and Cassel through 7 games, in their first year with the Chiefs, I think you will find it very interesting. Lets take a look, shall we?

Trent Green: Age 31 ___Matt Cassel: Age: 27
    TD: 8 _______________TD: 8
    INT: 12 _____________INT: 5
    Completion %54.55 ___Completion% 54.8
    QB Rating: 70.47 _____QB Rating: 73.2

Now keep in mind that this is through 7 games for Green and only 6 for Cassel because of the injury the first week. Also keep in mind probably the biggest factor of all, Green did this behind arguably 1 of the best O-lines ever assembled, while Cassel is stuck behind 1 of the leagues worst O-lines. All stats were taken from Pro-football-reference.com and have not been altered in any way. I myself think Cassel will be just fine for many years to come once we get him some protection up front. Go Chiefs!!!!!!
    Last edited by ktmrider; 10-30-2009 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
    Let me ask you this KEEPSNAPPIN, do you think Trent Green was a serviceable QB? Well if you compare the numbers between Green and Cassel through 7 games, in their first year with the Chiefs, I think you will find it very interesting. Lets take a look, shall we?

Trent Green: Age 31 Matt Cassel: Age: 27
    TD: 8 TD: 8
    INT: 12 INT: 5
    Completion %54.55 Completion% 54.8
    QB Rating: 70.47 QB Rating: 73.2

Now keep in mind that this is through 7 games for Green and only 6 for Cassel because of the injury the first week. Also keep in mind probably the biggest factor of all, Green did this behind arguably 1 of the best O-lines ever assembled, while Cassel is stuck behind 1 of the leagues worst O-lines. All stats were taken from Pro-football-reference.com and have not been altered in any way. I myself think Cassel will be just fine for many years to come once we get him some protection up front. Go Chiefs!!!!!!
    Good post, I had forgotten that Green was so bad his first year. It wasn't a great OL yet however, Willie Roaf wasn't a Chief yet I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Good post, I had forgotten that Green was so bad his first year. It wasn't a great OL yet however, Willie Roaf wasn't a Chief yet I don't think.
    Yea, I think your right, but that line was still a lot better than what we have at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    agreed. Though Cassel isn't a problem for me right now at all. Its the offensive line who I put most of the blame on then the Head Coach.
    Yeah, that's freaking genius. The guy takes over one of the most unsuccessful teams in history and seven games in you blame him for the team still losing.

How about I fill a room with pig crap, then tell you to clean it. After a half hour, I'm coming in and telling you "it's dirty in here."

Some people, man...

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    Yeah, that's freaking genius. The guy takes over one of the most unsuccessful teams in history and seven games in you blame him for the team still losing.

How about I fill a room with pig crap, then tell you to clean it. After a half hour, I'm coming in and telling you "it's dirty in here."

Some people, man...
    If you would notice that I never blamed us losing because of him at all.......all you posts are just attacking me.

The offensive line is who I blame for almost all our problems on offense.....
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    He is slow. He is not a scrambler at all. Got sacked the most in the league behind a Patriot Offensive line. Wasn't even good up there. Couldn't even hit moss very well. Hasn't proven his 60 million plus dollars. Even when he gets descent protection he misses targets. I know the WR aren't helping much but passes are way off half the time. I don't care about the hanging in there crap. Even Len Dawson said he was pretty bad last game on Dawson's QB critique segment. The only thing positive he said was that he is hanging in there. Thigpen is a much better fit with this O line. Put up almost as good numbers as Cassel and got sacked way fewer times. Cassel OVERALL has been descent.
    I had to go back and read, as to why it was assumed, that you were placing blame on Cassel, and I believe the post above is the culprit, haha. Your post does have an overtone of placing blame on Cassel, so I can see how it may have been taken out of context.

It's all good, we each have a right to our opinions, regardless, thanks for clarifying with saying you were not blaming Cassel. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I can't believe anyone is criticizing Cassel. He is behind one of the worst, if not THE worst, O lines in the NFL right now. The dude barely has time to drop back let alone throw the ball without getting killed. There isn't a QB in the NFL that could do much better. Add in the fact that the WR's are dropping balls and are inconsistent and let's just hope our investment isn't hurt before the season is over.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    I can't believe anyone is criticizing Cassel. He is behind one of the worst, if not THE worst, O lines in the NFL right now. The dude barely has time to drop back let alone throw the ball without getting killed. There isn't a QB in the NFL that could do much better. Add in the fact that the WR's are dropping balls and are inconsistent and let's just hope our investment isn't hurt before the season is over.
    I can, the QB is almost always to be pointed at for a loss. Its just the way things are.

Next to coaching.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    He has been the ONLY guy really putting out game after game for the Chiefs on offense. I guess one could say Jamal Charles is also doing his best.

The others may very well be doing the best they can, but their best would not be enough to start on a college team.

I know Cassel is struggling, but I am very impressed with the man's toughness, I have every bit of respect for him and what he is going through and I hope he makes it through the season. I also hope he makes it through the season without becoming so gunshy to be able to play the position again.
    I was fortunate enough to meet Mr. Cassel tonight and he is not an imposing figure. I have total respect for the man and his toughness because he stands tall in that pocket knowing he is gonna get killed. I half joked about getting the biggest and baddest left tackle in college but he said Man I hope so. He has no line, no running back, no wide receivers, no hall of famer tight end to bail him out, what are you expecting from the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I can, the QB is almost always to be pointed at for a loss. Its just the way things are.

Next to coaching.

Its unfair but your right thats how things are.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast