Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Cassel

Default Matt Cassel

Right now, I don't think Matt Cassel is living up to the hype that everybody was giving him. I know KC doesn't have the best offensive line in th league, but he is making some pretty poor throws when he has receivers wide open. It's a big difference when you come from New England where you have a really good offensive line. It can make you look like your a good quarterback even if your not. I know he stepped up last year and won alot of games for his team and you have to give him credit for that. I am trying to understand how you can go and give somebody 66 million dollars when they have only played 1 year? I think Kanasas City could have went out and signed a vet quarterback for a year and spent that type of money somewhere else and tried to draft a quarterback this year if needed. I'm just trying to understand what is going through the heads of the people at the front office. Not to mention, Todd Hailey is a horrible play caller. The guy calls running plays when we're down 30. Just my thoughts, what does everybody else think?????

Honda 522, Im not trying to compare Cassel when he was at New England and now that he is with KC. I'm saying that people hyped this guy up way to much for never proving anything. Well except in high school. Im trying to make the point that it was dumb move to pay him 66 million dollars cuz he's not worth it. I would rather have vick straight out of prison as my quarterback than cassel. chiefs could have paid Vick 5 million for 2 years and I guarantee he would win more games than cassel would. Why? Because he can run, scramble out and make the plays. You would think our O-line was playing for a high school if you have never watched them play before. They are terrible. I hope Cassel can lead the chiefs to a winning season in the time he is here but I won't count that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEPSNAPPIN View Post
    Honda 522, Im not trying to compare Cassel when he was at New England and now that he is with KC. I'm saying that people hyped this guy up way to much for never proving anything. Well except in high school. Im trying to make the point that it was dumb move to pay him 66 million dollars cuz he's not worth it. I would rather have vick straight out of prison as my quarterback than cassel. chiefs could have paid Vick 5 million for 2 years and I guarantee he would win more games than cassel would. Why? Because he can run, scramble out and make the plays. You would think our O-line was playing for a high school if you have never watched them play before. They are terrible. I hope Cassel can lead the chiefs to a winning season in the time he is here but I won't count that happening.
    Your telling me that Cassel can't move?

This thread is quickly becoming
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Compared to who? Vick, no.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEPSNAPPIN View Post
    Compared to who? Vick, no.
    Maybe you should first learn to quote. Next, ofcourse he can't move like Vick, but Vick can't throw like Cassel. I can bet you my life, if Vick were there, he would be stripped of the ball many times.

I assume you love Larry Johnson too.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Welcome to the Crowd KeepsNappin, haha.

Unfortunately, the Chiefs organization has done what you have suggested too many times...short term fixes with 1-2 yr players signed, which is part of why we're now a losing team.

We need to focus long term if we're ever gonna have a realistic shot at returning to the Super Bowl, for now...Cassell fits into the Chiefs long term plan. I'm trying to be patient for at least another season or two...it's gonna take that to really judge Cassell and the Chiefs team overall, including coaches.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 10-29-2009 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Cause I type too damn fast & make typos! :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Here is the problem.

YOU CANT...CANT compare Matt Cassel of the Chiefs, to Matt Cassel of the NE Patriots.

Matt Cassel in NE:
    - Experienced Coach.
    - Pro Bowl Wideouts.
    - Pro Bowl Line
    - An OC
    - A pretty dam good defense.
    - A superbowl team
    Matt Cassel KC:
    - First year head coach
    - No OC
    - Worst OL in the league
    - A toilet bowl team (It hurt to say that)
    - Wideouts who can't run routes or catch passes.

You simply can't compare the Matt Cassel of now as the Matt Cassel of last year. So quit trying to do it.
    Excellent point!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Really for a NFL QB Cassell is costing the Chiefs very little. Hell, for the pounding he's taking they should give him combat pay.
    Cassel is doing fine, no OL, recievers dropping balls and one of the worst yards after catch stats in the league.
    He's not perfect, but considering what he's working with, he is doing ok.

I think we made quite a few mistakes. youth movement should have started with jared allen. cassel is looking more like scott mitchell than matt schaub. brandon carr cant cover, and our team has zero chemistry. Todd Haley likes to berate everyone for everything. and LJ, well enough said. get the hell out of kc before he breaks priests record. please dump that lazy douche bag. So we have to get better at tight end and wr and rb and OL and pass rush and coverage. gonna be a tough next couple years my friends, a tough couple years.

I think we made quite a few mistakes. youth movement should have started with jared allen. cassel is looking more like scott mitchell than matt schaub. brandon carr cant cover, and our team has zero chemistry. Todd Haley likes to berate everyone for everything. and LJ, well enough said. get the hell out of kc before he breaks priests record. please dump that lazy douche bag. So we have to get better at tight end and wr and rb and OL and pass rush and coverage and tackling. gonna be a tough next couple years my friends, a tough couple years.

Matt Cassel is averaging 142 yards passing per game. He has 9 td passes in 7 games. He has 126 yards rushing. I don't care how bad your O-line is, those are pathetic stats.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast