Thread: Waters.... pissed.

Default Waters.... pissed.

Posted on Fri, Aug. 24, 2007 10:43 PM

reprint or license print email
    Digg it del.icio.us AIM
    Chiefs’ Waters hot over poor play

By JASON KING

The Kansas City Star

function PopupPic(sPicURL, sHeight, sWidth) { window.open( "http://media.kansascity.com/static/popup.html?"+sPicURL, "", "resizable=1,HEIGHT=" +sHeight+ ",WIDTH=" +sWidth); }

Waters
    Horrid as Thursday’ 30-7 loss to the Saints may have been, at least one member of the Chiefs said he’s glad it happened.
    “The way we got our asses kicked was a plus going into the season,” guard Brian Waters said.
    In a fiery postgame interview session, Waters said the heat for the Chiefs’ offensive woes this preseason should be placed not on coach Herm Edwards, but on the players. In three games, Kansas City’s starters have produced just one offensive touchdown.
    “I know coach is going to take a lot of blame for this,” Waters said. “His job is to coach us. His job is not to play. Ultimately, as football players, we have to take responsibility for what we do on the field. What we do between now and opening week is on us.”
    Now in his eighth NFL season, Waters is one of the most-respected players in the Chiefs’ locker room. He always commands attention when he speaks — and on those rare occasions when Waters becomes angry, people listen even harder.
    That was the case Thursday, when Waters spoke loudly about the Chiefs’ offensive struggles for more than 7 minutes.
    “A lot of the stuff we mess up on is mental,” Waters said. “That means that guys aren’t taking care of their business when they’re away from this stadium and this locker room. That’s something we’re going to fix.
    “There’s no excuse for this. We’re far enough along in camp where we shouldn’t make the errors that we’re making right now.”
    Playing almost exclusively with first- and second-teamers, Kansas City gained just 79 yards and produced only five first downs through three quarters Thursday. Quarterback Brodie Croyle threw yet another interception and never got into a rhythm. Dropped passes from Kolby Smith, Michael Bennett and Samie Parker didn’t help, either.
    One of the biggest problems, though, was the play of the Chiefs’ offensive line. Edwards said the unit — which is without starting left tackle Damion McIntosh (knee) — has been inconsistent all preseason.
    And it’s not as if Kansas City’s line is comprised of rookies. Waters, Casey Wiegmann, Chris Terry, Kyle Turley and John Welbourn are all NFL veterans.
    “This offensive line has as much talent as any line in the league,” Waters said. “What you see is an experienced, athletic group. Are we playing as well as we’d like? No. But that’s something we’ve got two weeks to work on.”
    Waters said he’s looking forward to silencing the detractors who have been loud in their criticism of Kansas City’s offensive line.
    “It’s really starting to (tick) me off,” Waters said. “I know how good we are. Now we have to go out there and prove it. It’s not a reaction toward the people that are saying it. It’s a reaction toward us, because we’re the ones that can (correct) it.”
    Kansas City has one more chance to improve when it plays at St. Louis on Thursday in the final preseason game for both teams. After that the focus will shift to the regular-season opener Sept. 9 at Houston.
    “Sometimes, in the preseason, you kind of fool yourself when you have great games,” Waters said. “You think, ‘Oh man, we’re the kings of the world.’ But when you have games like this you realize you’re not as far along as you need to be. It’s a good experience for us to learn going into the season.

He needs to be pissed! They better get it together pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIEFCANNON View Post
    Posted on Fri, Aug. 24, 2007 10:43 PM

reprint or license print email
    Digg it del.icio.us AIM
    Chiefs’ Waters hot over poor play

By JASON KING

The Kansas City Star

function PopupPic(sPicURL, sHeight, sWidth) { window.open( "http://media.kansascity.com/static/popup.html?"+sPicURL, "", "resizable=1,HEIGHT=" +sHeight+ ",WIDTH=" +sWidth); }

Waters
    Horrid as Thursday’ 30-7 loss to the Saints may have been, at least one member of the Chiefs said he’s glad it happened.
    “The way we got our asses kicked was a plus going into the season,” guard Brian Waters said.
    In a fiery postgame interview session, Waters said the heat for the Chiefs’ offensive woes this preseason should be placed not on coach Herm Edwards, but on the players. In three games, Kansas City’s starters have produced just one offensive touchdown.
    “I know coach is going to take a lot of blame for this,” Waters said. “His job is to coach us. His job is not to play. Ultimately, as football players, we have to take responsibility for what we do on the field. What we do between now and opening week is on us.”
    Now in his eighth NFL season, Waters is one of the most-respected players in the Chiefs’ locker room. He always commands attention when he speaks — and on those rare occasions when Waters becomes angry, people listen even harder.
    That was the case Thursday, when Waters spoke loudly about the Chiefs’ offensive struggles for more than 7 minutes.
    “A lot of the stuff we mess up on is mental,” Waters said. “That means that guys aren’t taking care of their business when they’re away from this stadium and this locker room. That’s something we’re going to fix.
    “There’s no excuse for this. We’re far enough along in camp where we shouldn’t make the errors that we’re making right now.”
    Playing almost exclusively with first- and second-teamers, Kansas City gained just 79 yards and produced only five first downs through three quarters Thursday. Quarterback Brodie Croyle threw yet another interception and never got into a rhythm. Dropped passes from Kolby Smith, Michael Bennett and Samie Parker didn’t help, either.
    One of the biggest problems, though, was the play of the Chiefs’ offensive line. Edwards said the unit — which is without starting left tackle Damion McIntosh (knee) — has been inconsistent all preseason.
    And it’s not as if Kansas City’s line is comprised of rookies. Waters, Casey Wiegmann, Chris Terry, Kyle Turley and John Welbourn are all NFL veterans.
    “This offensive line has as much talent as any line in the league,” Waters said. “What you see is an experienced, athletic group. Are we playing as well as we’d like? No. But that’s something we’ve got two weeks to work on.”
    Waters said he’s looking forward to silencing the detractors who have been loud in their criticism of Kansas City’s offensive line.
    “It’s really starting to (tick) me off,” Waters said. “I know how good we are. Now we have to go out there and prove it. It’s not a reaction toward the people that are saying it. It’s a reaction toward us, because we’re the ones that can (correct) it.”
    Kansas City has one more chance to improve when it plays at St. Louis on Thursday in the final preseason game for both teams. After that the focus will shift to the regular-season opener Sept. 9 at Houston.
    “Sometimes, in the preseason, you kind of fool yourself when you have great games,” Waters said. “You think, ‘Oh man, we’re the kings of the world.’ But when you have games like this you realize you’re not as far along as you need to be. It’s a good experience for us to learn going into the season.
    I wish everyone in the NFL understood that statement. There is no one to blame but themselves.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

I think Brian Wates is my new favorite offensive player.
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

It seems the new leader has emerged on the o-line! I hope it lights a fire under their A$$e$
    Last edited by AkChief49; 08-25-2007 at 10:59 AM. Reason: sp

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

turly needs his old mean streak that he always had. svitek just need to retire. he makes jordan black look good. now thats bad.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    He needs to be pissed! They better get it together pretty quickly.
    Agreed; and yes they players do need to take responsibility on the field but the personnel on the field is on the Head Coach, and I simply don't think that they are as talented as Waters would have us believe they are. Now I have respect for Waters abilities on the field, but Will SviteK is a total waist. JMHO

couldn't agree with you more chiefster
    The Ozarks is Chiefs Country

Quote Originally Posted by swmochiefsfan View Post
    couldn't agree with you more chiefster
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, but be careful agreeing with me is not always safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, but be careful agreeing with me is not always safe.
    That's a proven fact!!!!!
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast