Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: larry and chiefs working on a settlement to part ways

Default larry and chiefs working on a settlement to part ways

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    The settlement is not for LJ to leave team. It is a settlement for his suspension instead of LJ and his agent appealing the suspension.

His agent also said, that the Chiefs has not shown him any indication that they don't want him on the team after the suspension and LJ wants to remain a Chief.

I know that is AGENT BS... But at this time, I don't think he is gone. YET...
    I'm in the belief that this BS his agent is spouting off about LJ wishing to remain with the Chiefs is just to look good for the arbitrator and NFLPA under the CBA. The team will run into problems if they try to suspend then cut him or send him home for the season as long as he shows that he "wants to play". That's against the rules of the CBA ever since the Bucs sent Keyshawn home and told him to not come back for the rest of the season.

LJ could care less if he's a Chief as long as he gets paid and his agent suggesting that he really wants to continue playing for this team makes me want to vomit. I can't wait to get some backs in there who want to work towards a big contract, not one who will do the minimum necessary to keep his.
    Last edited by yashi; 10-30-2009 at 11:03 AM.

with the recent success of plenty of young rookie running backs, I.E. (adrian peterson, matt forte, knowshon moreno, steve slaton) and on and on. let LARRY GO!!!! and finish the season with jamal charles, see what he has got. then draft a young rb in next years draft. we are stock piling picks like crazy as it is. with the gonzales, tyler and thigpen trades we will have plenty of chances to get a young playmaker in at the RB position. just sayin....

With Smith, Charles, Savage and Battle in house I think we are setting good at RB. Need alot more help at otherr positions.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    With Smith, Charles, Savage and Battle in house I think we are setting good at RB. Need alot more help at otherr positions.
    We always seem to have good running backs. Hope they can continue that but with this o line its not going to be easy.
    It starts with the Offensive line

So here is how this is going to play out. LJ will be suspended at least 2 games and up to 4. He will then suit up and warm the bench the remainder of the season and will not play again for the Chiefs. Charles was drafted for a reason and this is it. He was an insurance option for just this scenario. When the season is up, LJ is out. He's due some big roster bonuses next year and the Chiefs aren't going to prolong this joke of a RB any longer, nor should they. LJ's career is in shambles and it is his own doing. The guy has self inflicted so many injuries to his reputation on and off the field that many teams will take a pass on him when he is cut. Only teams with histories of taking basket cases(ie Raiders) will entertain the thought of bringing in 30 year old with a history of bad mouthing coaches, hitting women and public displays of homophobia. In the end, I thank LJ for this latest tirade as it finally secured his non-future with the Chiefs. We can finally all move on.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    So here is how this is going to play out. LJ will be suspended at least 2 games and up to 4. He will then suit up and warm the bench the remainder of the season and will not play again for the Chiefs. Charles was drafted for a reason and this is it. He was an insurance option for just this scenario. When the season is up, LJ is out. He's due some big roster bonuses next year and the Chiefs aren't going to prolong this joke of a RB any longer, nor should they. LJ's career is in shambles and it is his own doing. The guy has self inflicted so many injuries to his reputation on and off the field that many teams will take a pass on him when he is cut. Only teams with histories of taking basket cases(ie Raiders) will entertain the thought of bringing in 30 year old with a history of bad mouthing coaches, hitting women and public displays of homophobia. In the end, I thank LJ for this latest tirade as it finally secured his non-future with the Chiefs. We can finally all move on.
    100% agree LJ has talent but he has hurt his carrer. I dont see many teams that will look at him. I think he warms the bench the chiefs will try to get something for him I doubt they will then let him go before he gets that bonus. I cant say i will miss him much.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    100% agree LJ has talent but he has hurt his carrer. I dont see many teams that will look at him. I think he warms the bench the chiefs will try to get something for him I doubt they will then let him go before he gets that bonus. I cant say i will miss him much.
    I can't say there are many who will miss him much. Vermeil had his faults. But he had a knack for spotting players who played with heart and those kinds of players are rare these days. He called out LJ for what he was...a whiner. We should have all taken notice then and we wouldn't be here now. LJ contributed a couple good seasons, but in the big picture he has created a lot of tension and animosity. Good damn riddance. Man I miss the Vermeil days. Great players you liked and we were always in the mix. I hope we return to those days soon. Now that Herm and Carl are gone we're headed in the right direction.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234