Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: larry and chiefs working on a settlement to part ways

Default larry and chiefs working on a settlement to part ways

Shall be interesting to see how all this plays out over the next couple weeks, & then some from the sounds of it.

I noted his agent said it didn't necessarily mean the settlement reached would mean Larry will no longer be playing for the Chiefs.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I like the video with Vrabel. Now that guy's a professional.

I am still not convinced he will not play for the Chiefs again.

Coach Haley has said many times he wants players on the field that give us the best chance to win. LJ is still that player and I am not sure if the Jacksonville game will be enough to change that thought for our younger talent.

Personal feelings aside with LJ I am undecided on his professional status for our team.

And we still have to see what the NFL will do. As a multiple offender LJ might not like the judgement passed down.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post

Coach Haley has said many times he wants players on the field that give us the best chance to win. LJ is still that player and I am not sure if the Jacksonville game will be enough to change that thought for our younger talent.

Personal feelings aside with LJ I am undecided on his professional status for our team.
    I strongly disagree with this. His 2.x yards per carry is simply not good enough and it's time to move on and see what other guys can do. He is just not worth the headache of having around.

Agreed. With 2+ ypc, he is not the answer. Bye bye, Larry *crosses fingers*
    Ill take the chance with Charles. At least he is explosive. Ill take the risk of Charles trying to hold the ball. Larry is sluggish and a liability, on and off the field.
    Last edited by KCraised; 10-29-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post

Bout time someone else as a different opinion on LJ than everyone else. I don't care for off field issues. LJ as bad as he seems on field is mostly in part to a very poor O line and the defense knowing LJ is going to get the ball and only run up the middle. We are too predictable with him. Underrated receiver. Should get more screens. Charles hasn't done any better getting screens. Charles is technically a better fit for this o line but under a good O line LJ is better easily. I have never seen a Chiefs RB that good past the LoS. Now he has lost his vision and O line doesn't make hardly any holes for him. LJ needs to learn to keep his head up like he used to. The losing is getting to him and he needs anger to release.

It really makes people look like hypocrites calling him really bad names worse than what I have heard him say and "tweet". This gay slur stuff is nonsense
    Last edited by kilobytes; 10-29-2009 at 07:45 PM.
    It starts with the Offensive line

I'm just so tired of this LJ crap.
    Just do whatever it takes to get him off the team.
    They don't need the distraction for the next 2 weeks, just cut him.
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I strongly disagree with this. His 2.x yards per carry is simply not good enough and it's time to move on and see what other guys can do. He is just not worth the headache of having around.
    I have said before that I believe the Charles/Smith combo will be our future. I am all for giving the younger players more play calls and seeing where we stand for our future. At 30 reguardless of how this situation ends up LJ is nearing the end of his career.

What I am trying to say is LJ has 132 carries for 358 yards which is a 2.7 average. JC has 23 carries for 116 yards and a 5.0 average. The stat difference is similar to having a College senior with a 2.0 gpa and a freshman with a 3.5 gpa. At this point yes Charles has better stats and a brighter outlook but he has so many fewer carries it is not a fair comparison.

Charles and Smith COMBINED could carry the load but that leads to a lot of unanswered questions about Kolbys health. I know at this point all is pointing in the direction that he is ready to play but until he is moved to the active roster it is a hypothetical situation.

To be honest the entire offense is under performing, after the Washington game people were praising LJ for some hard work on the field. Coach Haley has praised LJ for doing small things in game that largely go unnoticed and has backed him through the first 7 games.

AFTER game 7 Coach Haley has yet to make a statement reguarding LJ. Josh Looney said on the website that LJ is a good teammate, Trent Green as well has made the same comment.

LJ is still a workhorse back and is performing as well as the rest of the offense, poorly. At some point our team has to begin to work together and I believe that in order to do that we need a back that can be banged around all game, I just don't see JC as that back.

Charles is a huge part of what this offense needs to get going but I don't see it happening without LJ this year. That is why I am not 100% convinced he has played his last down from a business standpoint. Personally I was done with him after the nightclub assault, but the NFL is a business and not a fraternity. Sorry for the long post.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast