Thread: Yahoo News : Chiefs' Haley only NFL coach who never played (AP)

Default Yahoo News : Chiefs' Haley only NFL coach who never played (AP)

Until now, it was like one of those little family secrets that everybody knows about but no one brings up. Might be embarrassing. People wouldn't understand. Doesn't matter anyway, so why say anything? But then a disgruntled Kansas City running back got on Twitter and blindsided his boss squarely on the rawest of nerves, calling him out on a point he sort of hoped would be ignored.

More...

And these are the distractions the Chiefs now have, thanks to Sir Tweets-a-lot.
    Why hasn't he been booted yet?
    Chiefs in 2011

But it helps to know what it is like being a player. Haley doesn't seem to understand it. Honestly if I were on the Chiefs I kind of want a guy that has at least played a year to get a feel for it so he would understand the players. I would have more respect for the guy if he played at least just a little. I know there are some guys on the team other than LJ that don't respect him a lot. I know I wouldn't hold too much respect for him until he can prove he can be winner especially after that 22 players off the street crap. I am pretty much the same as Haley though except I played for just one year and im half his age.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    But it helps to know what it is like being a player. Haley doesn't seem to understand it. Honestly if I were on the Chiefs I kind of want a guy that has at least played a year to get a feel for it so he would understand the players. I would have more respect for the guy if he played at least just a little. I know there are some guys on the team other than LJ that don't respect him a lot. I know I wouldn't hold too much respect for him until he can prove he can be winner especially after that 22 players off the street crap. I am pretty much the same as Haley though except I played for just one year and im half his age.
    Oh! You're father was one of the best personnel men in the history of the NFL. You attended training camp with the super bowl champion Steelers and roomed in the dorm with them. And you interned under some of the best coaches in the league. Haley's career and you learning from watching football games have no comparison. And no one here knows for certain how the players feel about Haley, we can only assume. If and when he turns the Chiefs around there will be no question about his qualifications.

Did not care that Haley didnt play before LJ went and did his thing. Dont care about it now. I dont think it matters. I hope he works out. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!

Who cares? My friend NEVER played a snap in football, and he knows way more than me. You don't have to play something to be a coach. He might have had more experience if he did play, but I am sure alot of coaches have coached with out playing; not talking about a head coaching job.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>