Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why the Chiefs Will Turn It Around - Good Read

Default Why the Chiefs Will Turn It Around - Good Read

Chiefsinsider.blogspot

Time for Jamal to step up. Also time for Hailey to pull out his shotgun stuff. We all know he has a bunch of it.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    How on earth can you possibly be talking about firing your head coach 7 games into his first season?

Great thinking, Al davis. Yeah, that's right. I just compared you to the raiders owner.

That's how dumb that statement was.

WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT?

i love the whole "in game blunders" nonsense. You expect magic? You want the team to be instantly champions? alright, go spread your pixie dust and wave your sparkly wand, princess. me? I plan on living in the real world, where things take time, people make mistakes, and the smart people learn from them.

yeah, he's a first year head coach. he wasn't hired to come in and be the savvy game manager. he was hired to find, develop, and motivate players. i LOVE what he's doing, starting with making sure that his players want to be chiefs. i love that he has brought in anyone and everyone who might help the team, and if they don't, they don't play.

So what's the problem? Is it because of our record? If we were 7-0, would you still think they were blunders? Think the Denver fans are still calling for their coach's head?

Did you think we were going to beat the NFC east? No. Everyone was saying before the season that we couldn't beat baltimore in baltimore, we should beat the raiders at home, and we'd probably get swept by the NFC east.

Well, we lost to the raiders, but beat the redskins. The rest of it has gone exactly the way everyone thought it would. Only, now it's happening and you all start freaking out like a 12 year old girl who just had a frog pee in her hand.

SETTLE.

THE HELL.

DOWN.

How about we wait to call for Haley's firing until:

1. He has a single draft where the scouting was done by HIS scouts for players that fit HIS system.

2. He has coached a full season with his players, not 7 games with Herm "I'm literally the worst coach ever" Edwards' players?

3. He shows repeatedly that he will not turn us into a winner. If I put a pot of water on the stove, and in two minutes it's not boiling, I don't throw my hands up and say "this is retarded! this will never work because it hasn't yet!" no, I don't. That's Al Davis thinking.

4. He has three losing seasons in a row. That's right. Three. If he can't pick players in the top half of the round on draft day that turn us into a winning (above .500) football team in three years, then yes. We need a new direction.

7 games is just that - 7 games. You don't freak out and say he should be fired. Say it will never work.

No, that's uh...something STUPID fans who DON'T UNDERSTAND the game do. You're not...stupid, are you?

Are you?
    Talk about somebody needing to settle down. Am I not permitted to give my opinion on this site without being called stupid? You apparently like what Haley is doing - I don't. Is everybody that has a different opinion than yourself stupid? Or just me. I could just as easily say that your previous response was the most ignorant garbage ever posted on this site. But I won't lower myself to your level just yet. I stated that Pioli might want to reevaluate. I didn't say tomorrow. Did I? I don't hardly expect any changes until the end of the season. But thanks for assuming my thoughts and trashing me on this board.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Talk about somebody needing to settle down. Am I not permitted to give my opinion on this site without being called stupid? You apparently like what Haley is doing - I don't. Is everybody that has a different opinion than yourself stupid? Or just me. I could just as easily say that your previous response was the most ignorant garbage ever posted on this site. But I won't lower myself to your level just yet. I stated that Pioli might want to reevaluate. I didn't say tomorrow. Did I? I don't hardly expect any changes until the end of the season. But thanks for assuming my thoughts and trashing me on this board.
    I have to say I agree with him how can you talk about getting rid of Haley already would you rather still have Herm? We knew we were not going to be completive this year. Sure Haley has made some bad calls. But no coach can win with bad players. If you swap Haley and McDaniel's you would probably be saying the same thing. As much as I hate it the Broncos have better players than us. If we would have had a franchise QB that the new coach ran out of town he probably would not have made it to the opening game. We gave Herm 3 years to take us to the bottom tier of the league and you think anyone could come in and turn this team around in 7 games that only happens on a game-station. Not calling you stupid you may end up being correct but I feel it is too early to tell anything.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I have to say I agree with him how can you talk about getting rid of Haley already would you rather still have Herm? We knew we were not going to be completive this year. Sure Haley has made some bad calls. But no coach can win with bad players. If you swap Haley and McDaniel's you would probably be saying the same thing. As much as I hate it the Broncos have better players than us. If we would have had a franchise QB that the new coach ran out of town he probably would not have made it to the opening game. We gave Herm 3 years to take us to the bottom tier of the league and you think anyone could come in and turn this team around in 7 games that only happens on a game-station. Not calling you stupid you may end up being correct but I feel it is too early to tell anything.
    I 100% agree. This season was going to be an average season at best. If everything fell right for the Chiefs. I am more then willing to give Haley this season to learn the ropes of being an NFL head Coach. Overall while the wins have not piled up the Chiefs have not been as bad as they seem. Haley can turn it around but to run him out now could end up being a HUGE mistake.

No one is "stupid" for having stated their honest opinions here. No one is obligated to agree with or even read the opinions of those they may have fundamental disagreements with. Disagreements are fine; all we ask is that members do not allow said disagreements to become personal in nature. Please express your points of view without becoming confrontational; respectfully disagree.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 11-08-2009 at 01:46 AM.

For the 2009 Draft I give Pioli/Haley an ........F-

Play calling has to be an ......F

Using players to the best of their talents and abilities...F

I would be willing to give them 1 more year to proof themselves, but to give them 3 years of no improvements would be nothing short of insane. Imo

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    For the 2009 Draft I give Pioli/Haley an ........F-

Play calling has to be an ......F

Using players to the best of their talents and abilities...F

I would be willing to give them 1 more year to proof themselves, but to give them 3 years of no improvements would be nothing short of insane. Imo
    I am with you on the 1 more year. If this team does not show any signs that there getting better then the head coach at least needs to be let go. I hope that it doesnt happen that way. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12