Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Why the Chiefs Will Turn It Around - Good Read

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    883
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Why the Chiefs Will Turn It Around - Good Read


    0 Not allowed!
    Chiefsinsider.blogspot

    Time for Jamal to step up. Also time for Hailey to pull out his shotgun stuff. We all know he has a bunch of it.


    CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    of all the bad teams we definelty have the best chance to turn things around. we have a franchise qb in cassel a number receiver in bowe and i think charles will be a good back we just need a few good offensive lineman.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas city, MO
    Posts
    2,242
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I hate to go back to the OL thing again, but after thinking on it a little this is what has to be ironed out.
    Albert, BW and Niswanger are used to zone blocking. Goff, Nwduke, Alleman, Goff and O'Callaghan are from teams that used a power blocking scheme, They have to get all on the same track.
    And yes it's time to change up with the Offense. Haley has tried a lot of the screens and stuff that people are screaming about. Truth is Lj was slow getting into pass routes and slow to get up to speed after cateching the ball.
    Try running the wr's on slants and Charles going deep out of the backfield. If Cassel can get some time.
    Just try something different, that''s all we can ask.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,480
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    I hate to go back to the OL thing again, but after thinking on it a little this is what has to be ironed out.
    Albert, BW and Niswanger are used to zone blocking. Goff, Nwduke, Alleman, Goff and O'Callaghan are from teams that used a power blocking scheme, They have to get all on the same track.
    And yes it's time to change up with the Offense. Haley has tried a lot of the screens and stuff that people are screaming about. Truth is Lj was slow getting into pass routes and slow to get up to speed after cateching the ball.
    Try running the wr's on slants and Charles going deep out of the backfield. If Cassel can get some time.
    Just try something different, that''s all we can ask.
    The thing about the OLINE play is that they dont have to play great. If they could just play decent during games then that would help this team greatly. The Chiefs can turn this around. I dont think that they are as bad as some do. But the O line does have to play decent the rest of the season for the chiefs to have a chance to turn this around. But I think its much better to be a chiefs fan right now then other teams. I think this team in 2-3 years will be contending. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    3,993
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The thing about the OLINE play is that they dont have to play great. If they could just play decent during games then that would help this team greatly. The Chiefs can turn this around. I dont think that they are as bad as some do. But the O line does have to play decent the rest of the season for the chiefs to have a chance to turn this around. But I think its much better to be a chiefs fan right now then other teams. I think this team in 2-3 years will be contending. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!
    I hope you're right. But that means in the next year we aquire:
    4 offensive linemen. A runningback. A nose tackle. 2 safeties, 1 cornerback, 2 inside linebackers, and a reciever. All must be starters. And all must be studs.
    And we also need a head coach, an offensive coordinator, a defensive coordinator, a qb coach, a recievers coach, an offensive line coach, and a defensive line coach.
    And this is just for starters. This team needs a lot of help to be contending in 2-3 years.
    Well Pioli, have you got it in ya? We shall see soon enough. This will be a very interesting off-season..
    That being said, Chiefs ROCK!
    SHUT IT

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    187
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I hope you're right. But that means in the next year we aquire:
    4 offensive linemen. A runningback. A nose tackle. 2 safeties, 1 cornerback, 2 inside linebackers, and a reciever. All must be starters. And all must be studs.
    And we also need a head coach, an offensive coordinator, a defensive coordinator, a qb coach, a recievers coach, an offensive line coach, and a defensive line coach.
    And this is just for starters. This team needs a lot of help to be contending in 2-3 years.
    Well Pioli, have you got it in ya? We shall see soon enough. This will be a very interesting off-season..
    That being said, Chiefs ROCK!
    Lets stick with the coaching staff we have for now and focus on bringing in more talent. I want to see what they can do when they have more to work with.

    All teams have weaknesses. A good coaching staff will cover those up by coaching to our strengths. We have some major holes to fill before we can contend, but we do not have to have All-Pros at every position.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    3,993
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Lets stick with the coaching staff we have for now and focus on bringing in more talent. I want to see what they can do when they have more to work with.

    All teams have weaknesses. A good coaching staff will cover those up by coaching to our strengths. We have some major holes to fill before we can contend, but we do not have to have All-Pros at every position.
    A good 1st year hc does not fire his oc, qb coach, and recievers coach without replacements. Major blunder and it is showing. This kind of decision-making, along with terrible in-game blunders, has me thinking that Pioli needs to re-evaluate.
    SHUT IT

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    187
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    A good 1st year hc does not fire his oc, qb coach, and recievers coach without replacements. Major blunder and it is showing. This kind of decision-making, along with terrible in-game blunders, has me thinking that Pioli needs to re-evaluate.
    I agree that some of his decisions have been questionable. I do not want to rush to judgment though. Haley is doing things his way. Only time will tell if he has the ability to be a top notch coach. I don't think any other coach could do much better this year with the level of talent currently on the roster.

    Besides, he has only been a HC for 7 games. Hopefully he will be smart enough to learn from his mistakes and improve as a coach.

    Edit:

    This is just a thought. One good thing that will come out of this season, is that our young players and future subs are getting some valuable playing time that they would not get on a more talented team. Maybe this is part of the Pioli/Haley plan. We are building from the bottom up. Next year, when Pioli brings in some talent, our subs will be well prepared to step in when they are needed.
    Last edited by wildcat; 11-04-2009 at 05:18 PM.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    151
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    good article

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Location
    hollywood
    Posts
    404
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    A good 1st year hc does not fire his oc, qb coach, and recievers coach without replacements. Major blunder and it is showing. This kind of decision-making, along with terrible in-game blunders, has me thinking that Pioli needs to re-evaluate.
    How on earth can you possibly be talking about firing your head coach 7 games into his first season?

    Great thinking, Al davis. Yeah, that's right. I just compared you to the raiders owner.

    That's how dumb that statement was.

    WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT?

    i love the whole "in game blunders" nonsense. You expect magic? You want the team to be instantly champions? alright, go spread your pixie dust and wave your sparkly wand, princess. me? I plan on living in the real world, where things take time, people make mistakes, and the smart people learn from them.

    yeah, he's a first year head coach. he wasn't hired to come in and be the savvy game manager. he was hired to find, develop, and motivate players. i LOVE what he's doing, starting with making sure that his players want to be chiefs. i love that he has brought in anyone and everyone who might help the team, and if they don't, they don't play.

    So what's the problem? Is it because of our record? If we were 7-0, would you still think they were blunders? Think the Denver fans are still calling for their coach's head?

    Did you think we were going to beat the NFC east? No. Everyone was saying before the season that we couldn't beat baltimore in baltimore, we should beat the raiders at home, and we'd probably get swept by the NFC east.

    Well, we lost to the raiders, but beat the redskins. The rest of it has gone exactly the way everyone thought it would. Only, now it's happening and you all start freaking out like a 12 year old girl who just had a frog pee in her hand.

    SETTLE.

    THE HELL.


    DOWN.


    How about we wait to call for Haley's firing until:

    1. He has a single draft where the scouting was done by HIS scouts for players that fit HIS system.

    2. He has coached a full season with his players, not 7 games with Herm "I'm literally the worst coach ever" Edwards' players?

    3. He shows repeatedly that he will not turn us into a winner. If I put a pot of water on the stove, and in two minutes it's not boiling, I don't throw my hands up and say "this is retarded! this will never work because it hasn't yet!" no, I don't. That's Al Davis thinking.

    4. He has three losing seasons in a row. That's right. Three. If he can't pick players in the top half of the round on draft day that turn us into a winning (above .500) football team in three years, then yes. We need a new direction.

    7 games is just that - 7 games. You don't freak out and say he should be fired. Say it will never work.

    No, that's uh...something STUPID fans who DON'T UNDERSTAND the game do. You're not...stupid, are you?




    Are you?
    Last edited by SAPHOJUNKIE; 11-06-2009 at 08:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. When I turn 13
    By AussieChiefsFan in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 07-25-2009, 11:56 PM
  2. Heres a good read on our new coach !
    By YZILLA in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 11:09 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 06:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •