Thread: Why the Chiefs Will Turn It Around - Good Read

Hybrid View

Default Why the Chiefs Will Turn It Around - Good Read

Chiefsinsider.blogspot

Time for Jamal to step up. Also time for Hailey to pull out his shotgun stuff. We all know he has a bunch of it.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

of all the bad teams we definelty have the best chance to turn things around. we have a franchise qb in cassel a number receiver in bowe and i think charles will be a good back we just need a few good offensive lineman.

I hate to go back to the OL thing again, but after thinking on it a little this is what has to be ironed out.
    Albert, BW and Niswanger are used to zone blocking. Goff, Nwduke, Alleman, Goff and O'Callaghan are from teams that used a power blocking scheme, They have to get all on the same track.
    And yes it's time to change up with the Offense. Haley has tried a lot of the screens and stuff that people are screaming about. Truth is Lj was slow getting into pass routes and slow to get up to speed after cateching the ball.
    Try running the wr's on slants and Charles going deep out of the backfield. If Cassel can get some time.
    Just try something different, that''s all we can ask.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    I hate to go back to the OL thing again, but after thinking on it a little this is what has to be ironed out.
    Albert, BW and Niswanger are used to zone blocking. Goff, Nwduke, Alleman, Goff and O'Callaghan are from teams that used a power blocking scheme, They have to get all on the same track.
    And yes it's time to change up with the Offense. Haley has tried a lot of the screens and stuff that people are screaming about. Truth is Lj was slow getting into pass routes and slow to get up to speed after cateching the ball.
    Try running the wr's on slants and Charles going deep out of the backfield. If Cassel can get some time.
    Just try something different, that''s all we can ask.
    The thing about the OLINE play is that they dont have to play great. If they could just play decent during games then that would help this team greatly. The Chiefs can turn this around. I dont think that they are as bad as some do. But the O line does have to play decent the rest of the season for the chiefs to have a chance to turn this around. But I think its much better to be a chiefs fan right now then other teams. I think this team in 2-3 years will be contending. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The thing about the OLINE play is that they dont have to play great. If they could just play decent during games then that would help this team greatly. The Chiefs can turn this around. I dont think that they are as bad as some do. But the O line does have to play decent the rest of the season for the chiefs to have a chance to turn this around. But I think its much better to be a chiefs fan right now then other teams. I think this team in 2-3 years will be contending. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!
    I hope you're right. But that means in the next year we aquire:
    4 offensive linemen. A runningback. A nose tackle. 2 safeties, 1 cornerback, 2 inside linebackers, and a reciever. All must be starters. And all must be studs.
    And we also need a head coach, an offensive coordinator, a defensive coordinator, a qb coach, a recievers coach, an offensive line coach, and a defensive line coach.
    And this is just for starters. This team needs a lot of help to be contending in 2-3 years.
    Well Pioli, have you got it in ya? We shall see soon enough. This will be a very interesting off-season..
    That being said, Chiefs ROCK!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I hope you're right. But that means in the next year we aquire:
    4 offensive linemen. A runningback. A nose tackle. 2 safeties, 1 cornerback, 2 inside linebackers, and a reciever. All must be starters. And all must be studs.
    And we also need a head coach, an offensive coordinator, a defensive coordinator, a qb coach, a recievers coach, an offensive line coach, and a defensive line coach.
    And this is just for starters. This team needs a lot of help to be contending in 2-3 years.
    Well Pioli, have you got it in ya? We shall see soon enough. This will be a very interesting off-season..
    That being said, Chiefs ROCK!
    Lets stick with the coaching staff we have for now and focus on bringing in more talent. I want to see what they can do when they have more to work with.

All teams have weaknesses. A good coaching staff will cover those up by coaching to our strengths. We have some major holes to fill before we can contend, but we do not have to have All-Pros at every position.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Lets stick with the coaching staff we have for now and focus on bringing in more talent. I want to see what they can do when they have more to work with.

All teams have weaknesses. A good coaching staff will cover those up by coaching to our strengths. We have some major holes to fill before we can contend, but we do not have to have All-Pros at every position.
    A good 1st year hc does not fire his oc, qb coach, and recievers coach without replacements. Major blunder and it is showing. This kind of decision-making, along with terrible in-game blunders, has me thinking that Pioli needs to re-evaluate.
    SHUT IT

No one is "stupid" for having stated their honest opinions here. No one is obligated to agree with or even read the opinions of those they may have fundamental disagreements with. Disagreements are fine; all we ask is that members do not allow said disagreements to become personal in nature. Please express your points of view without becoming confrontational; respectfully disagree.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 11-08-2009 at 01:46 AM.

For the 2009 Draft I give Pioli/Haley an ........F-

Play calling has to be an ......F

Using players to the best of their talents and abilities...F

I would be willing to give them 1 more year to proof themselves, but to give them 3 years of no improvements would be nothing short of insane. Imo

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    For the 2009 Draft I give Pioli/Haley an ........F-

Play calling has to be an ......F

Using players to the best of their talents and abilities...F

I would be willing to give them 1 more year to proof themselves, but to give them 3 years of no improvements would be nothing short of insane. Imo
    I am with you on the 1 more year. If this team does not show any signs that there getting better then the head coach at least needs to be let go. I hope that it doesnt happen that way. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!