Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs and Johnson made a deal?

Default Chiefs and Johnson made a deal?

Per ESPN it said they reached deal, and it said he still is suspended 2 weeks, but only loses one week pay.

Thats crap. Why do we have to pay a player that isn't playing.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

NFLPA says it will file a grievance against us if we deactivate him for the rest of the season, which sucks. So if this is looking more and more unlikely, lets just bench his @ss and let Charles, and Savage play in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    NFLPA says it will file a grievance against us if we deactivate him for the rest of the season, which sucks. So if this is looking more and more unlikely, lets just bench his @ss and let Charles, and Savage play in front of him.
    I dont see them winning that grievance. Its up to the coach to say whos the best players to have on the field. There is no contract that promises you a certin amount of playing time. As long as LJ is getting paid they have no case.

Hes talking about deactivation, meaning he doesnt get payed. NFLPA will never let that fly. So, we dont deactivate him, but dont play him.

My opinion on this is that he shouldn't get payed for being suspended. I think 2 weeks suspension is enough. I hope he comes back and shoves it down the opposing teams throat and then breaks that record because he really is the best RB in Chiefs history (probably get attacked for saying that) even though it was only for a few years like Okoye. He still has a few years left but he would be much better suited on a team with a descent O line.
    Last edited by kilobytes; 11-02-2009 at 12:53 AM.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    My opinion on this is that he shouldn't get payed for being suspended. I think 2 weeks suspension is enough. I hope he comes back and shoves it down the opposing teams throat and then breaks that record because he really is the best RB in Chiefs history even though it was only for a few years like Okoye. He still has a few years left but he would be much better suited on a team with a descent O line.
    He has a lot of talent IMO I dont no about being the greatest RB the chiefs have had. I mean the chiefs did have Marcus Allen maybe not at his peak but Allen to me is better then LJ. I was lucky to see his last couple of years. But LJ has got to learn to keep his mouth shut. Thats going to cause him a lot of trouble when and if he gets cut from the chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    He has a lot of talent IMO I dont no about being the greatest RB the chiefs have had. I mean the chiefs did have Marcus Allen maybe not at his peak but Allen to me is better then LJ. I was lucky to see his last couple of years. But LJ has got to learn to keep his mouth shut. Thats going to cause him a lot of trouble when and if he gets cut from the chiefs.
    Yeah I meant like RB who played the majority of their career with Chiefs.
    It starts with the Offensive line

LJ must know where the bodies are buried....

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Per ESPN it said they reached deal, and it said he still is suspended 2 weeks, but only loses one week pay.

Thats crap. Why do we have to pay a player that isn't playing.
    What LJ did was stupid, but it has been blown way out of proportion. If the Chiefs suspend him or fine him more than one game check, the player's association will intervene and would win if/when the case goes to arbitration.

The only choice the Chiefs have is to cut LJ, which they don't want to do because it sends the message to the rest of the team that any player can force his way off the team simply by making some comments.

LJ will probably be back, but the real question might be whether he has the support of the other players on the team. After all, it would be naive to think LJ is the only player on the roster that shares his thoughts about Todd Haley's coaching pedigree.

Quote Originally Posted by isht_starter View Post
    What LJ did was stupid, but it has been blown way out of proportion. If the Chiefs suspend him or fine him more than one game check, the player's association will intervene and would win if/when the case goes to arbitration.

The only choice the Chiefs have is to cut LJ, which they don't want to do because it sends the message to the rest of the team that any player can force his way off the team simply by making some comments.

LJ will probably be back, but the real question might be whether he has the support of the other players on the team. After all, it would be naive to think LJ is the only player on the roster that shares his thoughts about Todd Haley's coaching pedigree.
    while i do agree that it was blown up by the media theres a reason. If this was the first time LJ said or did something stupid I dont think it would have been as big of an issure as it was. But its not. LJ can blame that on one person LJ.

LJ should'nt own that record. He's a crybaby and "needs to take off the diapers"

He had 2.7 ypc up to week 6 so in my opinion...hes washed up

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast