Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jared Allen

Default Jared Allen

I'm fairly new to the boards, and I'm sure there has been topics on this. But I hate watching Jared Allen continue to tear up QBs. We haven't had a good pass rush since he left. It looks like a good trade when we trade him for a first and two 3rds, but draft picks are always a gamble. We got Dorsey, Jamaal Charles, and Dajuan Morgan (is he even still with the Chiefs???) for him. He would still be a huge asset to our team. I just don't see the logic to trading THE best pass rusher in the league (I believe he led the league in sacks AFTER missing 4 games for his DUI) for anything less than another player that has proven his worth in the NFL. I have to say, this was more bonehead that Al Davis taking DHB in the 1st round this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    It was my understanding, from a source who at the time had inside info...that Carl Peterson and Jared Allen disliked each other very much due to personality conflicts.

Peterson promised Jared that if he lived up to his expectations, he would give him a long term contract. Jared worked hard, and he did live up to his expectations and then some. Peterson then began backtracking on his promise of a long term contract using the DUI as a reason.

Jared stated publicly that he didn't want to leave KC...he believed he would spend his career as a Chief, bought land & built a nice home in KC intending to stay.

I was upset then, and still am today at Peterson for letting Jared go...with Peterson's power trip ego, he wasn't about to give Jared what he wanted...he didn't like him, didn't want him to stay.

It was the trade of Allen that was the last straw for me as far as having any support or respect for CP remaining GM of the Chiefs.
    kinda reminds of of CP and John Tait, how they disliked each other

There's a theme there... people seemed to dislike CP when they were good players.........

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    There's a theme there... people seemed to dislike CP when they were good players.........
    Well, that could be because CP never kept his word with those good players if they produced for him. They produced, then he found excuses, or reasons...depending on your personal view...to not keep his word.

I always believed CP was more about profit than winning, and a good GM can balance both...CP couldn't. He got lucky with the Schottenheimer era, especially considering some of our good players like DT were more content with what CP offered I suppose.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

i think this was the straw that broke the back for the Hunts that let CP go.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123