Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jared Allen

Default Jared Allen

I'm fairly new to the boards, and I'm sure there has been topics on this. But I hate watching Jared Allen continue to tear up QBs. We haven't had a good pass rush since he left. It looks like a good trade when we trade him for a first and two 3rds, but draft picks are always a gamble. We got Dorsey, Jamaal Charles, and Dajuan Morgan (is he even still with the Chiefs???) for him. He would still be a huge asset to our team. I just don't see the logic to trading THE best pass rusher in the league (I believe he led the league in sacks AFTER missing 4 games for his DUI) for anything less than another player that has proven his worth in the NFL. I have to say, this was more bonehead that Al Davis taking DHB in the 1st round this year.

He's a 4-3 DE. Even if he WERE still with the Chiefs, he would've been traded or turned into a LB like Hali. I don't see JA as a good LB. I think he does a great job moving forward, but I have my doubts about him in coverage. But I had the same doubts about Hali making that transition. Between CP, his run-ins with the law, his impending free agency, and the new defensive scheme, there was no way he was going to be a Chief in the long-term. With that in mind, I'm happy with the trade.

You are making the assumption that we would still be making those changes to the team if JA were here. Its entirely possible they would have stuck to the 4-3 if we still had JA on the team. For that matter, and people are going to hate me for saying this, but Herm might still be here if Allen were here. He might have been enough to help us win a few more games last year.

Whether that would have been good or bad, is anyone's guess. In my mind now, having Herm and CP gone are hopefully going to be worth losing JA in the long run, but it sure is painful to watch his success now. Then again, atleast CP would be gone if JA was still here, because he stated pretty clearly toward the end that it was him or CP. Something to that effect anyhow.

^ exactly.

If you have JA, you are a 4-3 team,

Remember, even know we still have abunch of 4-3 personell~

But yes, it makes me sad too watch him wreaking so much havok.

May be the Defensive Player of the year if he keeps on a rampage.

Oh well.

Jared was an asset to the Chiefs in many ways. He plays with heart, gives 110%...and he was a great morale booster for the Chiefs team and fans. He was the best at rowdying up the fans to create crowd noise with helping our defense. I miss him in that aspect too.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Isawa_mo View Post
    You are making the assumption that we would still be making those changes to the team if JA were here. Its entirely possible they would have stuck to the 4-3 if we still had JA on the team. For that matter, and people are going to hate me for saying this, but Herm might still be here if Allen were here. He might have been enough to help us win a few more games last year.

Whether that would have been good or bad, is anyone's guess. In my mind now, having Herm and CP gone are hopefully going to be worth losing JA in the long run, but it sure is painful to watch his success now. Then again, atleast CP would be gone if JA was still here, because he stated pretty clearly toward the end that it was him or CP. Something to that effect anyhow.
    You are unequivocally 100% absolutely inaccurate or otherwise completely wrong in your assumption here; I don't hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    That's a nice shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Isawa_mo View Post

I am going to have nightmares now.

He's not here anymore.
    What's done is done.
    Time to move on .
    Chiefs in 2011

^ true that hes not here any more, but there is nothing wrong with making comparisons from JA to LJ, or just talking about JA right now, since that is the choice we made.

It has everything to do with where we are at right now as a football team~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast