Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Huard to start

Default Huard to start

I'm here to eat my crow.....

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/247259.html

Huard named as Chiefs starting quarterback
    By ADAM TEICHER
    The Kansas City Star
    Damon Huard has won the Chiefs quarterback competition and will start the regular season opener Sept. 9 against the Texans in Houston.

Coach Herm Edwards seemed to be leaning toward starting Brodie Croyle. But Edwards apparently changed his mind after Croyle's disappointing play in Thursday night's preseason loss to New Orleans.

Huard, because of a sore calf muscle, did not play against the Saints. He did not lead the Chiefs to any touchdowns in either of the first two preseason games, but he had some success last season filling in for Trent Green.
    Everything happens for a reason.

I agree with Guru, I'm tired of the stop gap solutions; lets rebuild and develop Croyle. JMHO

I don't know why you are so high on Brodie & so down on Damon. I don't remember anyone saying Damon was a God of QBs. I remember hearing Damon gave us the best shot at winning!!

As far as Damon sucking so bad, you may want to compare the two. Brodie is 16/36 with 3 INTs. He averaged 12 passes per game. Damon is 5/9 with 1 INT. He averaged 4.5 passes per game.

Given those stats it's safe to say neither QB set the world on fire. Just compare apples to apples!!

Last year in the pre-season the Chiefs had 0 passing TDs. Damon will be fine & I suggest you hold judgement until the season starts.
    ZONA

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Okay. If he's so great, then my question is why is he having so much difficulty in preseason games. He started with the first string against the Dolphins, and absolutely sucked. How can a god of a QB suck so bad? Don't tell me it's preseason and it doesn't matter. He should not have struggled like he did.
    Oh Luv... You're just angry because Damon isn't a hottie. J/K.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I agree with Guru, I'm tired of the stop gap solutions; lets rebuild and develop Croyle. JMHO
    Herm has made up his mind. But with the current status of the o-line it's just a play away for Brodie to start!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Heh!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I'm not 14. I don't judge people by their looks. I know you're kidding, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

That said, I don't want to hear anyone on here complain about a mediocre season. We may not have had a great season with Croyle, but at least we would have been closer to figuring out he's not for us. It wouldn't have been a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    I'm not 14. I don't judge people by their looks. I know you're kidding, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

That said, I don't want to hear anyone on here complain about a mediocre season. We may not have had a great season with Croyle, but at least we would have been closer to figuring out he's not for us. It wouldn't have been a waste.

Ditto!

Ummmm; does that go for us few who wanted Croyle???

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Ditto!

Ummmm; does that go for us few who wanted Croyle???
    I'll b*tch and whine. I'm a female though. I'm allowed. :p

I think we have 2 choices for the season with Huard starting:

1) Huard plays great (or at lest well enough) and we make it to the play-offs.

2) Huard plays bad or despite his great performance we miss the playoff race by mid-season and then the Croyle era begins.

It's the only 2 ways I see the season going now...
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Hey, I agree with Zona Chief. Herm had no other choice. Croyle had three quarters last Thursday to make the job his, and he didn't do anything. I was pulling for Croyle, but at this point Huard is the best option. You have to go with your best option to win. If and when the season goes south (probably "when" unless the O-line improves) then stick Croyle in there to get some experience and prepare for next year. But let's not write this season off just yet.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast