Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Huard to start

Default Huard to start

I'm here to eat my crow.....

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/247259.html

Huard named as Chiefs starting quarterback
    By ADAM TEICHER
    The Kansas City Star
    Damon Huard has won the Chiefs quarterback competition and will start the regular season opener Sept. 9 against the Texans in Houston.

Coach Herm Edwards seemed to be leaning toward starting Brodie Croyle. But Edwards apparently changed his mind after Croyle's disappointing play in Thursday night's preseason loss to New Orleans.

Huard, because of a sore calf muscle, did not play against the Saints. He did not lead the Chiefs to any touchdowns in either of the first two preseason games, but he had some success last season filling in for Trent Green.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    I'm here to eat my crow.....

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/247259.html

Huard named as Chiefs starting quarterback
    By ADAM TEICHER
    The Kansas City Star
    Damon Huard has won the Chiefs quarterback competition and will start the regular season opener Sept. 9 against the Texans in Houston.

Coach Herm Edwards seemed to be leaning toward starting Brodie Croyle. But Edwards apparently changed his mind after Croyle's disappointing play in Thursday night's preseason loss to New Orleans.

Huard, because of a sore calf muscle, did not play against the Saints. He did not lead the Chiefs to any touchdowns in either of the first two preseason games, but he had some success last season filling in for Trent Green.
    Well looks like that debate is over.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Worthless coach.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Worthless coach.
    Spineless coach. Worthless GM.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Spineless coach. Worthless GM.
    The stupidity of the staff never ceases to amaze me. Just when you think they can't get any dumber.

I hear you guys but I think Damon Huard deserves it. He got shafted last year when Green came back. Herm does not want to make another bone headed decision so the safe bet is Huard. I was for Croyle to start but he did nothing but play his way out of the starting position. By naming Huard starter and if he does not play well he can then go to Croyle and not look back.

Boy, morale is low and the season hasn't even begun

The Ozarks is Chiefs Country

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Dog View Post
    I hear you guys but I think Damon Huard deserves it. He got shafted last year when Green came back. Herm does not want to make another bone headed decision so the safe bet is Huard. I was for Croyle to start but he did nothing but play his way out of the starting position. By naming Huard starter and if he does not play well he can then go to Croyle and not look back.
    Croyle made rookie mistakes but the line and receivers killed him too. Huard will be no better.

I am really having a hard time understanding why so many people are so high on an unproven commodity. I would love for Brodie to be our QB but he is not ready!! He had every chance and he blew it. Yes the line didn't help & there were some dropped passes, but what did he do when he did have protection?? He was what 4 or 5 for 17?? He had 3 INTs in 3 games & it wasn't like they were tipped or receivers ran the wrong route. They were bad plays because of bad decisions.

I think/hope he will be very good!! Someday!! Why would you want to start the season with him if he is not ready?? We have a tough schedule to begin as it is.

I don't know why everyone is down on Damon. He played pretty good for us last year. Give the guy a chance. If he screws up in the beginning you bring Brodie in and let him get experience & get ready for next year. Just because he has been a back-up doesn't mean he can't play. He was a back-up for some pretty descent QBs. You make it sound like he was backing up scrubs & couldn't get a start.

Rich Gannon was a back-up. Trent Green didn't play until he was in St. Louis. Kurt Warner was a damn grocery warehouse stocker!! Just give him a chance. If he doesn't come through I will be right here saying bring Brodie in.

I refuse to be so down & the season hasn't even started. I look forward to this time of year like a kid waits for Christmas. I am going to be excited until I unwrap a piece of coal or a giant turd. You know what?? In the NFL you don't necessarily know that until weeks 4-6.

I know some of you will call me a homer like you have others, but that's ok. If being a diehard fan of the Chiefs is a homer than I proudly wear the name!!

Being a homer doesn't mean I am not a realist about our season. I have several concerns: Our O'line is not good right now. Our D has too many lapses for big plays. Our kicker is not impressive. I have several concerns about this year but that doesn't take away the hope for the season. Along with concerns we have alot of things to excite me. I love Pollard & Page. I think Bowe will be a big help. I think Kris Wilson is getting to show his talent. Our LBs are going to be one of the top groups in the league. Tamba & Jarrod are getting better. Larry got taken care of so that is behind us.

Sorry about the rant, but I refuse to be dragged down when the season is still ahead of us.
    ZONA

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast