Thread: Three and Out

Default Three and Out

Green is not concerned about switch to conservative offense after thriving under VermeilÂ’s fast-paced attack.

What do you think, three and out and hope the defense scores?

Default Re: Three and Out

kenny1937 wrote:

Green is not concerned about switch to conservative offense after thriving under VermeilÂ’s fast-paced attack.

What do you think, three and out and hope the defense scores?
    Well that is the definition of Marty-ball in it's purest form. :-(

Oh this is actually more of a "Hardcore Chiefs Discussin" kind of topic so I went ahead and moved it there. :-D

Herm said he wasn't going to change this O in the beginning and he's still not.

First of all, the key to our succcess on offensive is athletic oline and motion before the snap. Both those things will remain intact.

Next, the change he is talking about "conservative" is just playing smarter on offensive. An example is our goaline play last year. If I remember correctly, it was way below the league average. This is one of things that Herm will fix.

He wants longer possessions that will help the D. We put up points last season, but we would go throught a span of 3 and outs that put our defense on the field longer. He wants a more consistent offense.

Lastly, do you believe we will run the pass every play with a QB like Trent Green? He's the one that runs our high powered offense and is too much of a game changer to not use.

Anyway, when we do run the ball, I think we have a RB by the name of Larry Johnson who isn't too bad I hear.

hyperlite wrote:
    Herm said he wasn't going to change this O in the beginning and he's still not.

First of all, the key to our succcess on offensive is athletic oline and motion before the snap. Both those things will remain intact.

Next, the change he is talking about "conservative" is just playing smarter on offensive. An example is our goaline play last year. If I remember correctly, it was way below the league average. This is one of things that Herm will fix.

He wants longer possessions that will help the D. We put up points last season, but we would go throught a span of 3 and outs that put our defense on the field longer. He wants a more consistent offense.

Lastly, do you believe we will run the pass every play with a QB like Trent Green? He's the one that runs our high powered offense and is too much of a game changer to not use.

Anyway, when we do run the ball, I think we have a RB by the name of Larry Johnson who isn't too bad I hear.
    Or we would score so quickly it didn't alow the defense to get their wind back.

What I don't want to see is a return to Marty-ball where we employ a prevent defense in the last minutes of a game in order to try and preserve a three point lead, thus preventing us from winning the game.

We're a completely different team compared to the martyball era.

A team will play to it's strengths and most likely the strength will be our offense again.

I understand completely what you're saying.

I don't know. I still don't think the offense will change that much. We'll still be an extremely productive offense. We'll use our motion and hopefully have a good mix of pass and run.

hyperlite wrote:
    We're a completely different team compared to the martyball era.

A team will play to it's strengths and most likely the strength will be our offense again.

I understand completely what you're saying.

I don't know. I still don't think the offense will change that much. We'll still be an extremely productive offense. We'll use our motion and hopefully have a good mix of pass and run.

I hope Turley can stay healthy, because if he goes down and with Roaf gone our offense will not be the same. IMO.

As much as Roaf's presence made a difference last year, I really think we have to move along. He's not coming back, and that's the sad truth. He is an older guy and he knows when he body can't go anymore. The last thing we want to do is put a guy like him in danger. Roaf has said it himself that he is not ready to play, and we have to believe him. No one knows Roaf more than himself. He obliviously couldn't make it through the season. It was suprising he made this move now, but we have to live with it.

We are very, very, very lucky to have picked up a guy like Turley. He looked very strong out there in the preseason.

Roaf is a loss, but we can live with Turley IMO.

Yup. All this talk about Roaf returning is just media fodder and wishful thinking. My concern is that Turley stay healthy.

I can't wait to see Turley play. I can't wait to see all of the Chiefs play for that matter.

admin wrote:
    I can't wait to see Turley play. I can't wait to see all of the Chiefs play for that matter.
    Yup; kinda wish we could just forgo the preseason and get right to the real games. :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: