Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why all the receivers?

Default Why all the receivers?

I have to ask this question.

What is with all the receivers? It seems like we are ready to jump anytime a receiver is released and all too ready to sign them.

Whether it is a TE or a WR, if you were a starter on a team once and you were released, we will hire you.

I know we don't have the strongest WRs in the league, no doubt about that, but I would also say a big part of our failures at WR have been our offensive line which we still cannot seem to bolster in any fashion. Even the best receivers in the league will not make up for the fact that our O-Line sucks.

I personally think that we go for all the WRs because that is all Haley knows. He was a WR coach before and I think he gets confused and runs home to mama.

What say you?

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I think thats all Haley knows how to coach. But watching all the dropped balls this year, he can't even do that very well...
    SHUT IT

You are right on the money. I would much rather see some washed up O line players than washed up WR's. I'm baffled as to why we would bring in a 31 year old player that the pass happy Chargers don't even want. There's no O line players out there that we could try?

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

There are way more "washed up" receivers on the market than O linemen. The fact is we are looking for someone that doesn't drop the ball all the time, and i bet they will continue bringing people in until that void is filled.

There just trying to get some help were they can. I dont think that bringing in a free agent O Lineman at this point of the season is a great move. First theres a reason that they are not on anther team. Next It would probley take them the rest of the year to learn the system and everything. We are at the point that we are just going to have to deal with the O line that we have. Wr theres just been a couple of better options. Wade and chambers being relesed and kind of just fell into the chiefs laps. I dont love the chambers move but maybe he can help.

Simple answer.

There are so many available.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    There just trying to get some help were they can. I dont think that bringing in a free agent O Lineman at this point of the season is a great move. First theres a reason that they are not on anther team. Next It would probley take them the rest of the year to learn the system and everything. We are at the point that we are just going to have to deal with the O line that we have. Wr theres just been a couple of better options. Wade and chambers being relesed and kind of just fell into the chiefs laps. I dont love the chambers move but maybe he can help.
    This. A veteran receiver can come into an offense and contribute immediately, but the offensive line is a team that has to work together and gel which can take months or longer. And of course there's really nothing out there right now that can help us.

At this point we're better off hoping our line develops chemistry together than bringing in somebody new who likely isn't any better and having to start all over.

Pioli made a big mistake by not improving our line in the offseason, we know that and I'm sure he knows that. But unfortunately we're at a point now where we have to wait until next offseason to think about acquiring new personnel.

Well, maybe because they don't have many options right now available to improve our O-line, and if they can bring in hopefully 'fast' WR's that can get open quick...Cassel can get rid of the ball quicker and run less risk of being hit/sacked and injured?

Our running game was/is zilch...with LJ's issues, Charles taking over...likely they don't have as much confidence in Charles, especially considering our troubled O-line...and they want to focus more on the passing game from here on out, try to pick up wins any way they can before season end...aka 'desperation'?

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Why all the receivers?
    ...So, Haley can bench Bowe and say He's simply looking for the right fifty-three guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...So, Haley can bench Bowe and say He's simply looking for the right fifty-three guys.
    Ding!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast