Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pollard

Default Pollard

I know that many will still think letting him go was a good idea but I'm not one of them:

Pollard a big piece of Texans' improving D - NFL Nation - ESPN

Count me in- I can probably defend a QB as well as Barry Richardson or the other OL can.

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    No Pollard wasn't good in coverage last year.. We disagree.. Fine..
    I don't mind that at all, what I do mind is TC saying the same thing over and over again, about something that no one can do anything about..

well he had 2 interceptions today. Thats not half bad.

And for all you idiots who dont get the picture yet.

This is not about Pollard. This is about staffs ability to coach and recognize talent. And the the decision making on who to let go and keep.

For example, why dont some of you look up Keyeron Fox. See how he is doing for the Steelers rite now. He intercepted and ran back for a TD last i heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    well he had 2 interceptions today. Thats not half bad.

And for all you idiots who dont get the picture yet.

This is not about Pollard. This is about staffs ability to coach and recognize talent. And the the decision making on who to let go and keep.

For example, why dont some of you look up Keyeron Fox. See how he is doing for the Steelers rite now. He intercepted and ran back for a TD last i heard.
    yep!

I can cover as well as Leggett.
    It starts with the Offensive line

But 22 guys of the street can do better!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    BS. He was the best tackler on the team, and far from as bad in coverage as his replacements.

But since Haley cut him, some folks convince themselves that he was horrible.

I haven't seen all of their games, but I did see today's game, and that wasn't the case. He looked pretty good in coverage today.

Dealing with it. Poining out the failure to coach, and the mistake of releasing young talent, of our current staff.

How long are we gonna continue to blame everything on the failures and mistakes of the previous staff, and use that as an excuse for the current staff?

Still with the propaganda?

Jared Allen made large financial investments in the Kansas City area. He did plan on remaining with The Chiefs. But was only offered to be traded, despite repeated requests for negotiations with The Chiefs.

Malik Rose started a new Philly Cheesesteak restaurant in San Antonio, then signed as a free agent with the Knicks. Starting a restaurant or being a partner in one doesn't require you to be ever-present. So, that's not really a reason why someone would stay in a city.

LAM! Sports, Canada - Feb 25, 2007
    KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen wants out of Kansas City.

He formally requested a trade after contract negotiations broke down over the weekend in Indianapolis, Allen's agent, Ken Harris, said in a phone interview Sunday.

The Kansas City Star reported that the team rejected the request, and Chiefs general manager Carl Peterson told the newspaper that the club plans to tender Allen on March 1, the deadline for teams to submit qualifying offers to restricted free agents.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2779135

Peterson also noted that even though Allen's two DUI convictions -- the second earlier this month in Leawood, Kan. -- factored into the contract process, he still wanted Allen on the team.

"There's always a risk," Peterson told The Star. "And we haven't found out yet from the National Football League how much of a suspension they're going to give him [in 2007].

"He's a very good football player. But he's also a young man at risk, and we know that, and so does the National Football League. We're trying to work out something that makes sense, and hopefully that will be done."

Moore said he could not discuss specifics.

"With repeated DUIs, there's always a risk that those things will end in a league punishment of some sort," he said.

Allen made his bed and was pissed when the Chiefs wouldn't treat him like he HADN'T made mistakes in his past. To say that the fault was entirely Peterson's is ridiculous.

And I would gladly give every draft pick that Herm used here, to get Jared back. But I can't imagine that such an offer would even mildly interest The Vikings.

Pretending that the JA trade was good, is baffling, considering how you feel about losing Tank and Pollard.

Are you still unable to recognize your pro-Herm bias?
    The Jared Allen transaction provided MUCH more benefit to this team than the Bernard Pollard transaction did... period.

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    No Pollard wasn't good in coverage last year.. We disagree.. Fine..
    I don't mind that at all, what I do mind is TC saying the same thing over and over again, about something that no one can do anything about..

Want something to critique?? How about Haley saying this was Charles' time to prove himself, and then only handing him the ball 6 times.
    How about our receivers dropping the ball again and again, or our ****ty o-line.
    At least these things can be handled..

I reserve my right to throw hissy fits over TC's ever pessimistic monday night Quarterback posts!
    Clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

LAM! Sports, Canada - Feb 25, 2007
    KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen wants out of Kansas City.

He formally requested a trade after contract negotiations broke down over the weekend in Indianapolis, Allen's agent, Ken Harris, said in a phone interview Sunday.

The Kansas City Star reported that the team rejected the request, and Chiefs general manager Carl Peterson told the newspaper that the club plans to tender Allen on March 1, the deadline for teams to submit qualifying offers to restricted free agents.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2779135

Peterson also noted that even though Allen's two DUI convictions -- the second earlier this month in Leawood, Kan. -- factored into the contract process, he still wanted Allen on the team.

"There's always a risk," Peterson told The Star. "And we haven't found out yet from the National Football League how much of a suspension they're going to give him [in 2007].

"He's a very good football player. But he's also a young man at risk, and we know that, and so does the National Football League. We're trying to work out something that makes sense, and hopefully that will be done."

Moore said he could not discuss specifics.

"With repeated DUIs, there's always a risk that those things will end in a league punishment of some sort," he said.

The Jared Allen transaction provided MUCH more benefit to this team than the Bernard Pollard transaction did... period.

A.) All of that is from the previous off-season. (2007)

B.)
    From Glazer:

The Pro Bowl defensive end is the Chiefs' franchise player, but re-signing in Kansas City will be a problem as the team is looking to stockpile draft picks.
    Allen said the two sticking points are working out terms of a deal with a new team and the Chiefs agreeing to compensation for a trade. A package of first- and second-round picks or one of first- and third-round picks in the upcoming draft have been discussed as possible terms. It's unclear at this point what it will take to get the deal done.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...?urn=nfl,77367

From the time of the stories that you shared, Jared cleaned his act up completely and fully comitted himself to this team.

In return, he was sold to the highest bidder.... at a bargain basement price.

Getting two draft picks for the best DE in The NFL is anything but a "benefit".

Epic fail.

I can't believe Neil Smith went to Denver.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Mike Brown sucks.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast