Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pollard

Default Pollard

I know that many will still think letting him go was a good idea but I'm not one of them:

Pollard a big piece of Texans' improving D - NFL Nation - ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalT View Post
    I know that many will still think letting him go was a good idea but I'm not one of them:

Pollard a big piece of Texans' improving D - NFL Nation - ESPN
    WOW, what a find, both for CapitalT and the Texans.

I have made no bones about my love of Pollard, I think he was one of the shining members of our defense last year that was overall lackluster at best. For every tackle he missed, I can point to an equal number of great plays he made.

This is just another one of those things that I think Haley and crew screwed up on. Now with two of our safeties injured, one of them out for the rest of the year, the mistake in releasing this guy instead of one of the four quarterbacks we decided to keep is glaring.

Another rookie mistake by our rookie head coach!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Cutting Pollard was one of the dumbest moves I have seen yet. I was SHOCKED. At least trade him for something but no we just cut him for no apparent reason. Yes he wasn't very good with coverage but he made big plays when it mattered. One of the better players on the team.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    Cutting Pollard was one of the dumbest moves I have seen yet. I was SHOCKED. At least trade him for something but no we just cut him for no apparent reason. Yes he wasn't very good with coverage but he made big plays when it mattered. One of the better players on the team.
    I agree 100%. He played hard every game. He may have not been the most gifted player on the field but he always gave 100%. Should have never got rid of him.

Well, after that one play where he walked on water, then healed beggars and blind men on the sideline, I was a bit sorry we let him go.

Given the worst thing we keep giving up is huge pass plays, and Pollard couldn't cover a barn with a coat of paint, I'm glad he's prospering in Houston, but I'm not going to sit in the corner, rocking back and forth and pining for the loss.

Jared Allen was a bigger loss.

Of course JA wa sa bigger loss, but letting pollard go was a big mistake, look at some of my past posts, I called it then. We could have kept both him and Brown. :/ or maybe one less WR :/

they did try and trade him. Nobody would give up anything so they cut him, Texans signed him like a week or two later so he wasnt a hot commodity or anything. And a new team may be just what pollard needed to start playing like a 2nd round draft pick....he coudlnt cover worth a damn when he was here, and his tackling was always poor...our safeties blow. period. Pollard being here wouldnt have made any difference, he is about the same level as all the others we have imo

i cant wait to see a the dumbasses who said releasing was a good idea and jump ship and say "oh, i new releasng him was a mistake."

What did u think our leadng tackler last year being young as he is and a 2nd round draft pic would do?

this pisses me off. why did u have to start this thread CapT?

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    i cant wait to see a the dumbasses who said releasing was a good idea and jump ship and say "oh, i new releasng him was a mistake."

What did u think our leadng tackler last year being young as he is and a 2nd round draft pic would do?

this pisses me off. why did u have to start this thread CapT?

My apologies :-)

He's gone and I wish him luck. I think he'll be really good in a few years ... but he's not a Chief anymore so the hell with him.

You people crack me up. You're sitting around whining that we cut a mediocre player.

"Sure, he was bad in coverage, but he played hard and made plays!"

Ok...so he's bad at 50% of his job. Hmm?

Nope.

Thanks, but no thanks. You people need to realize that professionals do it on the practice field.

I loved Pollard. I had high hopes for him. I was sad to see him go, but I completely understood. He was another Greg Wesley - always out for the big hit, getting out of position, blowing coverage.

Guess what happens when you leave your coverage for a big hit on the tight end? Well, sometimes you "make plays" and sometimes the quarterback throws it to the receiver for a 60 yard touchdown.

That's why you don't leave your assignment to go make plays. Pollard wouldn't stop doing it, so he was cut. I will miss his big plays, but not his blown coverage.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast