Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: ***Official Chiefs vs Jaguars Game Thread***

Default ***Official Chiefs vs Jaguars Game Thread***

GO CHIEFS!!!

I just wish they would "open it up" more.... earlier in the game.
    It seems that every team we play knows that the Chiefs do 'dink and dunk' passes and draw plays. So from they start they know that all of our offensive "action" takes place within 5 yard of the line of scrimmage.
    They start the game with 8 or 9 guys in the box. They blitz right off the bat knowing that our O Line will crumble like a house of cards.

Just do some 10+ yard timing routes earlier and you'll have the safeties and linebackers backing off of the line a bit and will open up the running game a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplifter View Post
    I just wish they would "open it up" more.... earlier in the game.
    It seems that every team we play knows that the Chiefs do 'dink and dunk' passes and draw plays. So from they start they know that all of our offensive "action" takes place within 5 yard of the line of scrimmage.
    They start the game with 8 or 9 guys in the box. They blitz right off the bat knowing that our O Line will crumble like a house of cards.

Just do some 10+ yard timing routes earlier and you'll have the safeties and linebackers backing off of the line a bit and will open up the running game a little.
    I know man. What exactly is an 8 yard pass on 3rd and 19 supposed to do? We have to stretch out the field sometimes or defenses will have no reason to not stack the box every play against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Don't get too excited about that end of the game offense. the Jags were not playing that hard, can anyone say "Prevent"
    They were playing prevent on that final drive, but the 50+ yard TD to Chambers, Chambers just flat out beat their coverage.

And yeah, bad decision going for the 56+ yard FG in 30 mph winds. We'd be better off punting.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I have to work every other weekend so was at work for this one. Was getting updates from the Cardinals-Bears game on tv (which then switched to GB-TB because da Bears were getting romped).

3-0 yay Chiefs. Then 7-3 JV but a rushing td not from Maurice Jones-Drew.

Then 7-6 yay Chiefs get another fg. Then 14-6 JV, darn it. But at least still a one possession game.

After a long time at 14-6, then became 17-6. Getting late and looking bleaker but not over yet.

Then I saw 24-6 late in the 4th. That did it. Time for the fat lady to sing.

Then soon saw it go to 24-13. Well at least we finally got a touchdown. Then with a minute to go 24-21. Wow! Nice surprise there. I figured it must have been a successful onside kick, which it was.

But problem was, of course, we needed to pull off another one. And then would have had to score again.

So unfortunately we had another ugly game but managed to make it look close at the end. At least our defense reasonably shut them and Jones-Drew down. We just continue having such problems scoring. And still no rushing touchdowns this year.

Hopefully Chambers becomes a regular playmaker for us in upcoming games. And hopefully Charles gets a lot more carries. I was disappointed he only got 6 carries. Thought he was going to get more action then that. But I guess trailing almost the entire game merited Casell going to the air more.

Todd Haley mentioned postives like only one penalty and no turnovers. But if we could just finally get the offense going. And not have to have Colquitt punt 7 or more times every game.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910