Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To little to late jags 24 chiefs 21

Unhappy To little to late jags 24 chiefs 21

Anther Sunday anther game the Chiefs showed both there not as bad that they seem and that this is a team that is not going anywere anytime soon. Tackleing is one of the biggest things that cost the Chiefs. Anther is once again the O line did not show up.

I no people are going to be on haley for not useing charles and once again Charles probley ended up with a nice yards per carry but look athe where and when he gets his numbers. 3 rd and long when the Chiefs have a hole to climbe out of. That helps make his numbers look good. The Chiefs dont have the O line to be a good running team thats just the facts.

The D showed once again they are not a terrible D but have a lot of growing up to do. The Chiefs like most the season got the Jags to 3rd and 5 yards plus to go but could not get off the field. That helped to ware them down and slowly but surely MJD ended up getting better and better runs. The Chiefs HAVE to learn how to tackle better. The secoundary also did not show up for this game.

There are some postilves. #91 is one of them. tamba hali. He showed up for this game and had a pretty solid game all around. He did all you can ask. His play gave the Chiefs a chance to win. If everyone played like he did today the Chiefs would have won this game.

Chris Chambers is anther one. Chambers with less then a week to learn the Chiefs offense showed up and scored a couple of TDs for the Chiefs. The more time in the system the better. Maybe he can help the other recivers to open up the passing game more. That in turn will help the running game get going better as well.

Overall this game is a example of the chiefs season so far. They play well enough to get by but dont do all the little things that it takes to win. This team has to learn to win games. At least there in games at the end. That will help to speed up the learning. But for now its just hard for this Chiefs fan to watch

Bring on Oakland and GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

My question is why do we wait till the last 4 mins of the game to try and throw big passes. Looks like Chris Chambers was a much greater add than what I thought he would be.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    My question is why do we wait till the last 4 mins of the game to try and throw big passes. Looks like Chris Chambers was a much greater add than what I thought he would be.
    Haley said in his post-game conference that the team always seems to play well when their backs are against the wall, and they need to now find some way to act like their backs are always against the wall.

I think that's key.

Cassel really seems to be afraid to throw a deep ball unless he's down by multiple touchdowns. He needs to have more confidence in Bowe's ability to make a play on a ball, even if it's not thrown perfectly... hell, Bowe seems like he does better when it's not thrown well.

It's good to have a QB that avoids making mistakes, but you have to stretch out the field now and then.

they always seem to play dead till the last 3 mins or so. to little to late.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

A day late and a dollar short.

Now it's your turn to post the next cliché.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post

Cassel really seems to be afraid to throw a deep ball unless he's down by multiple touchdowns. He needs to have more confidence in Bowe's ability to make a play on a ball, even if it's not thrown perfectly... hell, Bowe seems like he does better when it's not thrown well.
    But if Haley's calling the plays, then throwing the deep ball isn't up to Cassel.

I agree with you, though, and with Len Dawson's comment yesterday- you have to throw the deep ball early. It can back off the defense if they know you'll do it, and you might, just *might* break off a big play.

jb

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    But if Haley's calling the plays, then throwing the deep ball isn't up to Cassel.
    I dunno if that's entirely true but perhaps, depending on the routes. All I know is Aaron Rodgers plays in an offense centered around short passes (west coast), holds the ball too long, and has a terrible OL. All similar to Cassel.

The difference? Dude throws bombs downfield. Surely there is one guy running a deep route on most plays, but we never seem to throw to him. And everytime we finally do (usually too late), the guy is wide open. Lance Long and Charles on a couple plays last week, Chambers yesterday.

We HAVE to stop these 8 yard passes on 3rd and 19, or 5 yard passes on 3rd and 10. I don't recall it ever working all season, and it's such a momentum killer. I'd rather take a shot deep downfield and risk throwing a pick if you have to, but don't complete a pass that isn't for a first down!

We HAVE to stop these 8 yard passes on 3rd and 19, or 5 yard passes on 3rd and 10. I don't recall it ever working all season, and it's such a momentum killer. I'd rather take a shot deep downfield and risk throwing a pick if you have to, but don't complete a pass that isn't for a first down!
    Word!
    And then each time it doesn't work the offense trots off the field and the camera zooms in on Haley's face.... he always has his arms crossed and he's scowling at someone!

I particularly got a kick of out Leonard Pope yesterday.... I think it was 3rd and long and he caught a pass for about 2 yards. He jumped up and gave the "1st down" motion...... then realized that he ran a 2 yard route instead of a 12 yard route...... Oy.....C'mon dude.... talk about not being aware of where you are on the field!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplifter View Post
    Word!
    And then each time it doesn't work the offense trots off the field and the camera zooms in on Haley's face.... he always has his arms crossed and he's scowling at someone!

I particularly got a kick of out Leonard Pope yesterday.... I think it was 3rd and long and he caught a pass for about 2 yards. He jumped up and gave the "1st down" motion...... then realized that he ran a 2 yard route instead of a 12 yard route...... Oy.....C'mon dude.... talk about not being aware of where you are on the field!!!

It's funny when our players are celebrating getting back to the original line of scrimmage.

It's funny when our players are celebrating getting back to the original line of scrimmage.
    That's pretty impressive with this offense.

We got crushed. They played easy in the last quarter. If they didn't then we would have maybe goten one TD. But thas it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast