Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To little to late jags 24 chiefs 21

Unhappy To little to late jags 24 chiefs 21

Anther Sunday anther game the Chiefs showed both there not as bad that they seem and that this is a team that is not going anywere anytime soon. Tackleing is one of the biggest things that cost the Chiefs. Anther is once again the O line did not show up.

I no people are going to be on haley for not useing charles and once again Charles probley ended up with a nice yards per carry but look athe where and when he gets his numbers. 3 rd and long when the Chiefs have a hole to climbe out of. That helps make his numbers look good. The Chiefs dont have the O line to be a good running team thats just the facts.

The D showed once again they are not a terrible D but have a lot of growing up to do. The Chiefs like most the season got the Jags to 3rd and 5 yards plus to go but could not get off the field. That helped to ware them down and slowly but surely MJD ended up getting better and better runs. The Chiefs HAVE to learn how to tackle better. The secoundary also did not show up for this game.

There are some postilves. #91 is one of them. tamba hali. He showed up for this game and had a pretty solid game all around. He did all you can ask. His play gave the Chiefs a chance to win. If everyone played like he did today the Chiefs would have won this game.

Chris Chambers is anther one. Chambers with less then a week to learn the Chiefs offense showed up and scored a couple of TDs for the Chiefs. The more time in the system the better. Maybe he can help the other recivers to open up the passing game more. That in turn will help the running game get going better as well.

Overall this game is a example of the chiefs season so far. They play well enough to get by but dont do all the little things that it takes to win. This team has to learn to win games. At least there in games at the end. That will help to speed up the learning. But for now its just hard for this Chiefs fan to watch

Bring on Oakland and GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

Our Defense needs a couple things- deep coverage, and better coverage in general (Aside from Flowers), and the other thing they need desperately is longer periods of rest!

Honestly, our offense is killing our defense because we can't eat up clock.

And as usual, this goes back to the fact that we can't run block, can't pass block, and can't pick up a blitz. We can't set up screens, throw deep, or bring guys into the box with the threat of our running game. Why?

Well... it could have something to do with the fact that our offensive linemen are wearing the wrong helmets. Here's what they *should* have on:

It's a work in progress and I think the future looks good. Think back to game 1 of this year and even since then we've made progress. That O line is down right terrible. It was down right terrible last season too. I hope they finally address that this off season.

Also, you CANNOT win football games when you only run the ball 14 times. And even then, you can't win by RB by committee when you run it 14 times! How can anyone possibly evaluate our young RB talent when we give it to three different dudes for a combined total of 14 times? That being said, I like what Charles does for us(I know I'm a total homer). He's able to get out in coverage for passing and he's much more explosive of the line than LJ is. But it's a moot point right now because of the horrible O line.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    It's a work in progress and I think the future looks good. Think back to game 1 of this year and even since then we've made progress. That O line is down right terrible. It was down right terrible last season too. I hope they finally address that this off season.

Also, you CANNOT win football games when you only run the ball 14 times. And even then, you can't win by RB by committee when you run it 14 times! How can anyone possibly evaluate our young RB talent when we give it to three different dudes for a combined total of 14 times? That being said, I like what Charles does for us(I know I'm a total homer). He's able to get out in coverage for passing and he's much more explosive of the line than LJ is. But it's a moot point right now because of the horrible O line.

the O line is the biggest problem on this football team right now. Not Todd Haley IMO. You cant win if you cant run and i think that they need to run more. But Its not going to make a diffrance if the O line is playing like this. You will be in 3rd and long thats were we are at right now anyway. O line o line o line this offseason it has to be fixed.
    Last edited by chief31; 11-09-2009 at 06:03 AM.

Brown is a huge liability. He looks like a high school player out there!

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Brown is a huge liability. He looks like a high school player out there!

good thing we kept him and cut that good for nothing *cough* 2 picks 12 tackles *cough* pollard!

Honestly, our safety play is absolutely horrible. D line looked solid, LB's looked solid, CB and S looked anything but.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    good thing we kept him and cut that good for nothing *cough* 2 picks 12 tackles *cough* pollard!

Honestly, our safety play is absolutely horrible. D line looked solid, LB's looked solid, CB and S looked anything but.
    While I agree that the secondary is the weak link with our defense, with our scheme and obvious bad play calling, having Pollard get burnt on long pass plays isn't much different from having our current safeties get burnt on long pass plays.

Has it occurred to the disciples of our lord Pollard that he is prospering in Houston because it was a change of scene, and the scheme there (as well as talent surrounding him) fits him better?

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Our Defense needs a couple things- deep coverage, and better coverage in general (Aside from Flowers), and the other thing they need desperately is longer periods of rest!

Honestly, our offense is killing our defense because we can't eat up clock.

And as usual, this goes back to the fact that we can't run block, can't pass block, and can't pick up a blitz. We can't set up screens, throw deep, or bring guys into the box with the threat of our running game. Why?

Well... it could have something to do with the fact that our offensive linemen are wearing the wrong helmets. Here's what they *should* have on:

You've just insulted "special needs" people everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post

You've just insulted "special needs" people everywhere.
    It is ok, there being paid well. In Clark we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    While I agree that the secondary is the weak link with our defense, with our scheme and obvious bad play calling, having Pollard get burnt on long pass plays isn't much different from having our current safeties get burnt on long pass plays.

Has it occurred to the disciples of our lord Pollard that he is prospering in Houston because it was a change of scene, and the scheme there (as well as talent surrounding him) fits him better?
    Whatever you have to tell yourself to remain convinced that you can't be wrong.

Pollard is playing like a champ. And we are left with a defensive backfield that is just full of failure.

And trying to convince someone that the mighty defense of The Texans is just making a crappy player look like a star is just as fail as our current safeties are.

Here's a notion...

Pollard isn't, and never was, half as bad as you have convinced yourself that he is.

Is it at all possible that a couple of bad plays, by a young, poorly coached player, may have gotten under your skin, and made you a bit overly-judgemental of that players talent?

Seems alot more likely than what you're suggesting.

Mike Brown B. Pollard

8 Games 6 Games
    47 Tckl 42 tckl
    0 Int 2 Int
    0 FF 1 FF
    0 P Defl 3 P Defl
    1 Sack 0 Sack

Mike Brown came here as a well-known big play Safety. Maybe we should compare career numbers for these two...?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast