Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pretty Good Read on the Jags Game

Default Pretty Good Read on the Jags Game

Kansas City Chiefs Insider

Kind of negative but true

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    The NFL's leading rusher and 21 catches, sounds pretty close to an every down back to me. 49 carries in the last 2 weeks.

Charles has 2 fumbles on 96 carries for his career, and 0 this year. This so called fumbling problem he has is overrated. He's fumbled on a couple kickoffs. He wasn't drafted to be a kick returner.

It's cool though. Let's not give the guy who had 6 yards per carry more carries. That makes the most sense. Maybe we should just cut him actually.
    I am not bashing the guy. I am just saying he can't carry the whole work load. He does not run up the middle. Can't remember the last time I ever saw him run up the middle.

The point I was making is that Charles is now Chris Johnson. Johnson pretty much disguinshed himself immediately in the leauge. We are still waiting on Charles to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am not bashing the guy. I am just saying he can't carry the whole work load. He does not run up the middle. Can't remember the last time I ever saw him run up the middle.

The point I was making is that Charles is now Chris Johnson. Johnson pretty much disguinshed himself immediately in the leauge. We are still waiting on Charles to do anything.
    We are still waiting on Charles to do something. But he has yet to be given the opportunity.

The few carries he has received he's shown promise.
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    We are still waiting on Charles to do something. But he has yet to be given the opportunity.

The few carries he has received he's shown promise.
    He has been given plenty of opportunities to make something happen.

He has been given plenty of opportunities to make something happen.
    6 carries for 36 yards.

6 carries for 36 yards.
    That was one game. He has had two seasons and pre-season to show us something.

So far, he has only proved that he can run pitches or runs to the outside. He does not run up the middle for short yards like an every down back is expected to do. Thus is limiting his situtation to run the ball more.

He is no Chris Johnson.

That was one game. He has had two seasons and pre-season to show us something.

So far, he has only proved that he can run pitches or runs to the outside. He does not run up the middle for short yards like an every down back is expected to do. Thus is limiting his situtation to run the ball more.

He is no Chris Johnson.
    Pretty difficult to do that when you're not put in the game in those situations.

Pretty difficult to do that when you're not put in the game in those situations.
    Lj was suspended or inactive for four games last year. Charles has had opportunities before. He never made anything out of them. He did some yesterday.

Yesterday he matched his career high in touches.. He has had opportunities before. The reason he isn't getting those opportunities is because he did nothing with them when had them before.

Lj was suspended or inactive for four games last year. Charles has had opportunities before. He never made anything out of them. He did some yesterday.

Yesterday he matched his career high in touches.. He has had opportunities before. The reason he isn't getting those opportunities is because he did nothing with them when had them before.
    I guess our definitions of "opportunity" are different.
    Chiefs in 2011

Whatever dude. He did "some" yesterday. That's hilarious. 100 yards and a TD, how often has that happened this season for us?

Apparently an opportunity is when the starter is injured, but you're still not given the ball.

You want to talk doing stuff with opportunities, how about this? Charles has had 100 yard games in every game he's had double digit carries in his career.

Whatever dude. He did "some" yesterday. That's hilarious. 100 yards and a TD, how often has that happened this season for us?

Apparently an opportunity is when the starter is injured, but you're still not given the ball.

You want to talk doing stuff with opportunities, how about this? Charles has had 100 yard games in every game he's had double digit carries in his career.
    I don't think you are even reading my argument. It is not about how pathetic or good Charles is. My argument is that he not a Haley type of running back. J. Charles is not up the middle type of runner. Haley would rather throw a screen pass to get Charles in the open area where he is more effective. Charles is not an every down back. When I say some. He was effective some in the middle yesterday.

He had a good game and I much rather see Charles, and Kolby over Lj. Haley needs to find ways to use Charles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12