Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The defensive line was impressive

Default The defensive line was impressive

Tyson Jackson was a beast especially stopping the run and making tackles and I saw Dorsey get penetration a couple times. Magee nearly had a sack too. Ron Edwards did well at nose tackle. From what I saw I thought they were good for what a 3-4 D line is supposed to do.

LB's especially Hali and Mays were pretty good. The secondary was an absolute mess though, except Flowers.

Mike Brown......
    It starts with the Offensive line

Pollard was cut because Pioli didn't like him. Remember that he ended "NFL Darling" Brady's season last year....

I'm not saying.... I'm just saying...... 8-)

^ your right except swap out Pioli with Haley.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Mike Brown is tied for first in tackles on KC right now, and is the ONLY safety of ours that has not been hurt.
    As I recall, Pollard also led the team in tackles last year. I think the bigger issue is that our team is being led in tackles by a safety every year. Are Polamalu, Ed Reed, Adrian Wilson, etc leading their team in tackles?? NO.

If we were better at stopping opponents before they got to the 2nd level of of our defense, then our safeties wouldn't be missing as many tackles. Pollard, Brown, or anyone else.
    Last edited by Coach; 11-15-2009 at 12:01 AM.

All i will say is Mike Brown is HORRIBLE. As our safety he is the LAST LINE!!! you have got to make the tackle.

Go back and watch every game. And EVERY big play that we have given up that scored a TD, mike brown was missing a tackle on that play. Then we go to the big plays that don't score TD and mike brown is there running down the field cheering the other team on like they can make it.

Pollard is 100x better in coverage than brown, Pollard may have missed some tackles but if he did it was usually in the box, if he knew he was the last line he always made the tackle and didn't run down the field 60 yards to do it. And when pollard missed in the box he missed trying to let people know whats up with the chiefs defense and not want to come around him anymore. Not with pathetic arm tackles and getting stiff armed to death. Mike Brown seriously looks like a high school player getting stiff armed to death. Like in the spoofs where you just hold your hand on the guys head and he swings at you and misses wildly. A JOKE he is

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    All i will say is Mike Brown is HORRIBLE. As our safety he is the LAST LINE!!! you have got to make the tackle.

Go back and watch every game. And EVERY big play that we have given up that scored a TD, mike brown was missing a tackle on that play. Then we go to the big plays that don't score TD and mike brown is there running down the field cheering the other team on like they can make it.

Pollard is 100x better in coverage than brown, Pollard may have missed some tackles but if he did it was usually in the box, if he knew he was the last line he always made the tackle and didn't run down the field 60 yards to do it. And when pollard missed in the box he missed trying to let people know whats up with the chiefs defense and not want to come around him anymore. Not with pathetic arm tackles and getting stiff armed to death. Mike Brown seriously looks like a high school player getting stiff armed to death. Like in the spoofs where you just hold your hand on the guys head and he swings at you and misses wildly. A JOKE he is
    Except for games where he has 2 INTs, one of them being the game saver, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Except for games where he has 2 INTs, one of them being the game saver, eh?

Funny. Iwas thinking of this post as I watched the 4th quarter.

nothing that he did though. Funny that both were popped up by flowers and both caught by brown. He did make the saving INT but wasn't his great coverage that caught either.

Oh and he also missed the tackle on Bush for their only TD. Weird!

haha triple post from you, eh Coach? :) I had a double post a while ago. Guess when it doesn't submit but keeps twirling around it means it did submit but we just can't see it yet and then we hit submit again not realizing it multi posted. And sorry for that runon sentence, heh!

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    nothing that he did though. Funny that both were popped up by flowers and both caught by brown. He did make the saving INT but wasn't his great coverage that caught either.

Oh and he also missed the tackle on Bush for their only TD. Weird!
    bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh...

Yeah weird, because Bush didn't score their only TD.

The INTs were popped in the air, but who had presence of mind and was in the right place at the right time? Who came down with each of them?

Did Mike Brown burn down your house or something? Sweet Jesus cut the guy some slack- he pulled down 2 INTs today and helped us secure the second win of our season, thus proving Haley's "22 Guys" statement

Your right Mike Brown is our savior!! he has only missed 3 tackles for plays of 50 yards leading to TD's in 9 games. And has a complete blown coverage for a 60+ yard TD pass. Every big play that has happened to us the whole year he has had a missed tackled on.

Yet he has 2 Int's fall into his lap... Your right he is the greatest. I don't even know why the chiefs would even look for a safety in the draft!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast