Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The defensive line was impressive

Default The defensive line was impressive

Tyson Jackson was a beast especially stopping the run and making tackles and I saw Dorsey get penetration a couple times. Magee nearly had a sack too. Ron Edwards did well at nose tackle. From what I saw I thought they were good for what a 3-4 D line is supposed to do.

LB's especially Hali and Mays were pretty good. The secondary was an absolute mess though, except Flowers.

Mike Brown......
    It starts with the Offensive line

I wouldnt say impressive. More like acceptable.

I actually agree with kilobytes on this one. I liked what I saw on the field today, though there were indeed a lot of plays where Garrard had tons of time to make some plays.

Of course, if your secondary is covering the receivers properly, that might allow the line/linebackers more time to get to the QB, and we can probably all agree that Garrard is a strong and mobile QB.

I'm looking forward to seeing what our line is like when Jackson and Magee have a year under their belt, and Dorsey is in his 3rd year.

jb

Gee, I think we need a,, never mind He is not a Chief any more. Thanks Todd.

i saw more missed sacks than good plays...although i was at work and couldnt watch every snap...Dorsey looked good from the little i saw....im still upset that Magee couldnt come up with a sack on that one play...

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    i saw more missed sacks than good plays...although i was at work and couldnt watch every snap...Dorsey looked good from the little i saw....im still upset that Magee couldnt come up with a sack on that one play...
    But that's still pressure, and that could really be good if we had good coverage down field. And against a far less mobile and strong QB, a lot of today's pressures and hurries ARE sacks.

They did a good job getting penetration, but once in the backfield, it looked like my 90 pound 12 year old kid trying to tackly my 250 pound body.

They cimply could not close the deal, none of them, it also looked like they were giving up on a couple of plays. It looked like a couple of times a defender would have the QB, and the others would stop pursuit only to have Gerard slip away from the defender and throw the ball away.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Mike Brown is a huge liability. Even Shannon Sharpe made a joke about him in the postgame and all of his fellow crew chuckled right along. Something has to be done....now.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Mike Brown is a huge liability. Even Shannon Sharpe made a joke about him in the postgame and all of his fellow crew chuckled right along. Something has to be done....now.
    Indeed. Had Brown made his tackles in that game, we win. Very frustrating watching Pollard play out of his mind in Houston right now.
    Last edited by yashi; 11-09-2009 at 09:16 AM.

I think what shannon said was right.. something like "Mike Brown = Touchdown"...

We all know Haley's an idiot but which head coach would ever think that John Mcgraw and Mike touchdown could be our safeties if Page ever got hurt :-(

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast