Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: new nfl mock draft site

Default new nfl mock draft site

2010 NFL Mock Draft

has got the chiefs taking..
    OT Trent Williams, S Chad Jones, and TE Jermaine Gresham in the first 2 rounds

thoughts?

LJ gone, Priest still with the record!

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    Then he must be slow.

Mays unloads on guys, because he is way bigger than they are. He can do that in college. Every college player does things in college that they can't get away with in the pros.

He has every athletic ability, and if he's coachable, then I give him the green light.

Really, if Mays learns to wrap up and tackle, then how is Eric Berry better?
    If?

Berry is much better in coverage and a better tackler right now. He's also produced much more in college than Mays has, and has unbelievable ball hawk skills.

Size and hitting ability are overrated for safeties, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I like Mays.. just not as much as Berry. Berry is Ed Reed. I want a guy who is going to make game changing interceptions with big returns.

Reshad Jones is said to be a 4.4 in the 60. And from the punt returns i watched him do he seemed like he wasn't very slow.

All 3 look good, worried about mays not wrapping up, worried about berry's size and tackling in the pros.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    Reshad Jones is said to be a 4.4 in the 60. And from the punt returns i watched him do he seemed like he wasn't very slow.

All 3 look good, worried about mays not wrapping up, worried about berry's size and tackling in the pros.
    Scouts are comparing Mays with Roy Williams, Berry is compared with Ed Reed.

LSU fan here ( that follows NFL Tigers ) and a retired SEC fan ( after the Bama fixed game this year, I am done being an 'SEC fan' ). My $0.02 on what I've seen in the college game:

1. Taylor Mays has the build of a Hall of Fame safety but plays like a practice squad safety; poor coverage, poor tackling and just looks to cheapshot someone. Eric Berry is the real deal - a playmaker!

2. Ciron Black has the build and atheleticism, but can be lazy at times and get bullrushed of all things. Barksdale needs to work on keeping his head in the game, but could be a sleeper.

3. Leave Chad 'Dreadlocks of Doom' alone!!! We want him back next season! ;) Really, he's a tremendous athelete, plays well, but his game isn't 'polished' yet. Once he's comfortable and the rough edges worked out, he could be something special in the NFL ( or MLB ). But no, we reeeeeeaaaaaallllllly want him back for his senior season!

FYI, 2011 draft at the earliest ( as he is a sophmore now ), look for Patrick Peterson, CB @ LSU to go in the top 10, maybe top 3. CBS Sports already has had rated at the top CB in his class ( 2012 ).

the upcoming draft is supposed to be extremely deep due to players that in most years would go back for their senior year to get drafted higher the next year and make more money, entering this years draft because they fear a strike or a rookie salary scale in place for the 2011 draft. with that said i would like to see some trades made so we have a nice amount of picks.

i read this over and over i hope it makes sense

To me right now, it is too early to start making picks. Right now its about identifing needs. As someone earlier said, thank god for Pioli. Every one here is talking about drafting a new team. Young good tallent is a great thing. But they need veteran leadership, great coaching, and time. Few O linemen can step in and be competitive their first year. We can use another Safty but we are not in as bad of shape there as some think. With Page back and Morgan developed, we are not really that bad at safty. We better start thinking about getting some LB that are a little more athletic. Vrable will not last long and Hollie has made transition well but if we had more athletic LB who can cover better so the safties can play deeper and back up the corners on fly routes and dble moves.

Well you can bet that Pioli has already got his picks laid out for the draft, some will change in the end and with any luck we will have the best offseason ever. Oh and we really need to start with a OC!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234