Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting the ball down field

Post Getting the ball down field

Todd said today that he wouldnt trade more turnovers for getting the ball down the field more. Seems that defences are playing 11 men in a fifteen yard zone. I think you have to turn your quarterback loose and let him take some chances to loosen up defences so we can complete more short passes with oppertunity to RAC and free up the running game again. I understand that protection is not great but you can throw a deep pass on a three step drop. A deep pass does not always need to be completed to loosen a defence. I would love for them to let Matt cut loose and let him throw some back shoulder passes and some jump balls in tight coverage. When Matt threw the near interseption on the fade to Chambers, the coverage was there and Chambers exspected the back shoulder pass and backed out of the coverage. I think this is something that they need to start letting Matt throw these passes. Mayby it is lack of oppertunnity to practice with the same recievers long enough to build that trust. What ya think gang.

I am hopeing now that they cut LJ Charles and Smith can get the run game going better. That in turn will help the passing game. Lets just hope things work out. GO CHIEFS

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Berry will punish other teams for throwing deep on us. I can't wait for him to be killing that deep passing attack of San Diego.
    Am I the only one who is a little concerned by Berry's size? He's incredibly fast and agile, but he looks like a freshman out there, and that's college.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    Am I the only one who is a little concerned by Berry's size? He's incredibly fast and agile, but he looks like a freshman out there, and that's college.
    I'm not. He's not a big guy by any means, but some of the best safeties are roughly the same size: Ed Reed, Bob Sanders, Mike Brown (of years past). Polamalu's only listed as 5'10" 207. I'm more concerned with how much ground they can cover out there playing center field, and Berry seems to be a solid tackler despite his stature.

Meh. Cassel hasn't been all that accurate downfield when given the opportunity.

Maybe an early strike would be good, before Matt gets rattled by the lousy O-Line. Maybe if he connects it, the momentum gets on our side. I'm all for that.

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post

Maybe an early strike would be good, before Matt gets rattled by the lousy O-Line. Maybe if he connects it, the momentum gets on our side. I'm all for that.
    He just needs more practice at it in game time!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post

I think that the fact that usely when cassel has throw the ball down the field hes usely haveing to run for his life has had something to do with his acuuracy. But a early shot that works would defently help the chiefs. Lets hope we see it this sunday.

it doesnt have to work or or connect to stretch the defence a little. I dont care if it lands 2 yards out of bounds or 5 yards past the 1 on 1 reciever on the outside. When they know that we will take some shots long they can't sit on routes and have to respect the possiblity of double moves and fly routes. When they start respecting the chance of a double move, they can't be jumping routes or sitting on 10 and 15 yard routes. This will help create space for recievers and let us complete more passes. This also helps creat space for them to have a chance to get more yards after catch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12