Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TD Celebration fines

Default TD Celebration fines

Anyone else think that the NFL is getting lame with all the TD celebration penalties and fines. Growing up as a kid, that was what I always looked forward to. Getting a TD and doing a celebration dance.

Which brings me to the recent fine to Chad Ochocinco's $1 bill celebration which he gave to the ref after a TD to "bribe" him. He was fined $20k!!! I think Ochocinco's celebrations are awesome and always look forward to players like him who love to celebrate and don't care about getting fined. Celebrations to me are part of the game.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Anyone else think that the NFL is getting lame with all the TD celebration penalties and fines. Growing up as a kid, that was what I always looked forward to. Getting a TD and doing a celebration dance.

Which brings me to the recent fine to Chad Ochocinco's $1 bill celebration which he gave to the ref after a TD to "bribe" him. He was fined $20k!!! I think Ochocinco's celebrations are awesome and always look forward to players like him who love to celebrate and don't care about getting fined. Celebrations to me are part of the game.
    i agree that endzone celebrations are OK. And they should be done as a team. It was a team effort. As long as it doesnt delay too much.

I remember the bob and weave the Rams used to do. Playing Back yard football me and my team would run to the enzone and do teh same celebration. and the other team would do their own. Its all in good fun.

But as for Ochos lil stunt. I agree with the fine. Even tho it was a dollar. the simple image itself of bribing refs is going to draw a fine from teh league hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I think touchdown celebrations are lame. Show some class.
    Lighten up. Getting in the endzone in the NFL is hard. You cant blame the players for wanting to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefs105 View Post
    You guys remember what the (NFL) stands for dont you
    No Fun League that was ridiculious to fine ocho 20 grand for that.
    But i can see where the league is coming from on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    There is nothing wrong with celebrating as long as it's in good taste and doesn't delay the game. Most fans actually enjoy them.
    yep!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Sportsmanship had EVERYTHING to do with class. There is nothing wrong with a high five or pat on the back for scoring, but doing CPR on the ball, Riverdancing, Bowling, putting with the ball is a waste of time. Maybe if some of these guys spent more time making themselves and their teams better you wouldn't need to look to their celebration dances to make football interesting.
    I agree. I watched Tony Gonzalez go up to a little kid after a touchdown a few weeks ago and hand him the ball. He didn't do a pointless dance for his td...Brett Favre...he goes up to his recivers and gives them a hug. Thats the way to celebrate.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Sportsmanship had EVERYTHING to do with class. There is nothing wrong with a high five or pat on the back for scoring, but doing CPR on the ball, Riverdancing, Bowling, putting with the ball is a waste of time. Maybe if some of these guys spent more time making themselves and their teams better you wouldn't need to look to their celebration dances to make football interesting.
    I agree. I dont mind a small bit of a celebration but enough is enough. putting on a HOF jacket is just down right shoting look at me. I dont mind guys who get excited for a TD like farve but When they start the look at me celebrations that gets annoying.

Wow wide range of opinion on this but the one word I was waiting to read through all of it was Production. I think celebrating is a great thing otherwise it would be like watching robots. I love to see players get genuinely excited. I love to watch uncontrollable celebration. But guys like Owens and Ocho are not uncontrollably excited and celebrating an accomplishment. They are stopping and putting on a PRODUCTION! They are saying look at me, not yes, WE scored. The NFL has no problems with celebration. They just don’t care for pre planed productions.
    The whole bribe thing is just a ploy to get attention because Chad loves to see himself on TV, loves to hear his name on the News. He is the poster child for the statement, bad publicity is still publicity.

The rules are fine as is. They can celebrate plenty, they just cant be jerks :/

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I agree. I dont mind a small bit of a celebration but enough is enough. putting on a HOF jacket is just down right shoting look at me. I dont mind guys who get excited for a TD like farve but When they start the look at me celebrations that gets annoying.
    Did it delay the game ?? No, granted some TD celebrations are lame but I see why some do it...The act like you been there before" quote is lame...what if they never get back there then what? If TD celebrations get all you guys boxers in a bunch, why don't they fine players when they do the Lambeau Leap then?

Ocho knucklehead has no class, these guys all have to have their own silly little dance or whatever, some of them only ever get to do it ONCE!

Hey, if you are good enough that you have a celebration that everyone recognizes, then a little celebration is alright. I liked Allen's roping the calf when he got a sack, and he was good enough to get to do it enough to be known for it.

The Former Chiefs Player Who Shall Remain Nameless used to dunk the ball over the upright when he made a touchdown, he stopped that later on, but it was cool.

Ochomoron was just drawing attention to himself, and while I don't think anyone thought he was really bribing the official, he should have been more concerned with the next play they were going to call.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Act like you've been there before! In the Chiefs case - we haven't had many opportunities to be fined...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by lucky_lefty View Post
    Did it delay the game ?? No, granted some TD celebrations are lame but I see why some do it...The act like you been there before" quote is lame...what if they never get back there then what? If TD celebrations get all you guys boxers in a bunch, why don't they fine players when they do the Lambeau Leap then?

I am sorry i do expect the players to act like they have been there before. They are pro athletes they simply are doing there job. Can you or do you run around like an everytime you do your job. Its fine if you do it once. I have no problem with doing something funny once in a while. But to do it after every score is just lame to me. It gets kind off old.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky_lefty View Post
    ...Wait, they fine players???

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast