Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I have not been impressed with Cassel

Default I have not been impressed with Cassel

I don't think he sucks, and I know we our offense is still in the gelling process, but I honest don't think he is elite or ever will be elite. I don't think he has great accuracy, I don't think he has a great arm, and I don't think he has great vision either. I would say he will be a good quaterback, but never be great. Heres the thing we don't need great, we need good we need a guy that doesn't throw a lot of of interceptions, which he doesn't, but we also need accuracy and right now he doesn't have it, right now he is not a good QB. Trent Green was a good QB behind phenomenal line he had great accuracy and an average arm. Cassel doesn't have the luxury of a good line, and has bad accuracy he overthrows balls or underthrows so when a receiver catches the ball he has to slow down to catch it because of his slow release. I don't think he is worth what we are paying him, because I think he is a 3rd pick at best and we are paying him like a 1st rounder which he isn't. I think we need to work on our O-line and possible pick up a QB with that second round pick we got for Tony, im not saying we should get rid of Cassel but he does need competition which Brody is not going to give him not because Brodie isn't good but Brodie gets hurt too easy so he will pretty much always be a career back up.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    I agree mostly with this post.

He has done well in not throwing picks, but he also holds the ball too long.

His accuracy leaves much to be desired, as does his decision making. If you look back through my posts in the offseason I railed against him quite a bit. I hope that he improves, and I think he can, but as it sits now, I would still rather have Thiggy :P
    Yes, the great Tyler Thigpen and his side-armed throws and constant under-throwing of go routes. Yeah, I think you guys know where this is going.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    You guys make NO SENSE. How can you say, "I'm not impressed with him, although he has possibly the worst O-line in NFL history......."

Thats just retarded!
    Its not just our O-line when he was New England he was one of the most sacke qbs cause he holds onto the ball too long, plus his accuracy has been crappy the line doesn't determine that it's not like hes been getting rid of the ball too soon and its affecting his accuracy he holds onto it too long and still has bad accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Its not just our O-line when he was New England he was one of the most sacke qbs cause he holds onto the ball too long, plus his accuracy has been crappy the line doesn't determine that it's not like hes been getting rid of the ball too soon and its affecting his accuracy he holds onto it too long and still has bad accuracy
    Yeah, really the only problem I have with him is that he doesn't try to throw it away when no one is open down field outside the tackles.

I agree with most of what's been said. Cassel has looked good at times, and has looked pretty bad at times. I don't think he'll be elite since his arm strength seems to be average at best, but he does strike me as a great leader. I liked how after Savage had the big fumble after already being yelled at by Haley, Cassel went over and gave him a pep talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yeah, really the only problem I have with him is that he doesn't try to throw it away when no one is open down field outside the tackles.
    Yeah im not sure why he does that

I think Cassel has played pretty well considering all the pressure he has been under.
    Seems like on the rare occasion he has time, he makes the most of it.
    I'm certainly going to give him the benifit of the doubt until he gets a chance with a decent o-line.
    Chiefs in 2011

benton wisconsin,about 6 1/2 hours from arrowhead staidum

actuality I,am impressed with cassel so far. with the beatings he has takeing this year. he been doing ,all right . He,s not Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, but both of them would'nt be doing as good under the same o,line have you seen how much time they get to throw appeared to Cassel

If you ask me the whole dam offense is not working right. You got backs running into Qb's, WR lining up wrong, and lineman not taking on the right personnel.

Shape up or ship out.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by dennystillchiefs View Post
    actuality I,am impressed with cassel so far. with the beatings he has takeing this year. he been doing ,all right . He,s not Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, but both of them would'nt be doing as good under the same o,line have you seen how much time they get to throw appeared to Cassel
    Tom Brady had 41 sacks the year he won his first superbowl he did not have a good line and really he carried that team. The fact that you even compare Cassel to Brady is an insult, Tom Brady is a Hall of Famer.

How anyone can berrate Cassel for poor accuracy and then want Thiggy is beyond me..
    You can't really compare the two though, as the offenses are completely different, and no godlike hands from TG..

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast