Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 91

Thread: I have not been impressed with Cassel

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default I have not been impressed with Cassel


    0 Not allowed!
    I don't think he sucks, and I know we our offense is still in the gelling process, but I honest don't think he is elite or ever will be elite. I don't think he has great accuracy, I don't think he has a great arm, and I don't think he has great vision either. I would say he will be a good quaterback, but never be great. Heres the thing we don't need great, we need good we need a guy that doesn't throw a lot of of interceptions, which he doesn't, but we also need accuracy and right now he doesn't have it, right now he is not a good QB. Trent Green was a good QB behind phenomenal line he had great accuracy and an average arm. Cassel doesn't have the luxury of a good line, and has bad accuracy he overthrows balls or underthrows so when a receiver catches the ball he has to slow down to catch it because of his slow release. I don't think he is worth what we are paying him, because I think he is a 3rd pick at best and we are paying him like a 1st rounder which he isn't. I think we need to work on our O-line and possible pick up a QB with that second round pick we got for Tony, im not saying we should get rid of Cassel but he does need competition which Brody is not going to give him not because Brodie isn't good but Brodie gets hurt too easy so he will pretty much always be a career back up.

  2. #51
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I gotta disagree with this. I now that Chan was great at using what he had, but it has always been a band aid fix. We are stripping this team down to nothing and rebuilding it. I would rather we got a system that will be here for a while and find guys to fit into that system as opposed to taking the guys we have and finding some half assed pistol offense that will "get by" Sure it is tough sledding right now, but Rome was not built in a day. Keep Chan, run the "pistol" and we are in the exact same boat next year as we are this year. Its not like having a million coaches has worked out for the last two seasons.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  3. #52
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 64

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I gotta disagree with this. I now that Chan was great at using what he had, but it has always been a band aid fix. We are stripping this team down to nothing and rebuilding it. I would rather we got a system that will be here for a while and find guys to fit into that system as opposed to taking the guys we have and finding some half assed pistol offense that will "get by" Sure it is tough sledding right now, but Rome was not built in a day. Keep Chan, run the "pistol" and we are in the exact same boat next year as we are this year. Its not like having a million coaches has worked out for the last two seasons.
    I can agree on that we are once again rebuilding, but how does a Head Coach build a program with out the proper tools to do so, how does a Head Coach train a team to do the job they need to do with out coaching? Head Coach can not be everywhere. It is like Incident Command System, The IC cannot do it all.

  4. #53
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I can agree on that we are once again rebuilding, but how does a Head Coach build a program with out the proper tools to do so, how does a Head Coach train a team to do the job they need to do with out coaching? Head Coach can not be everywhere. It is like Incident Command System, The IC cannot do it all.
    I guess we could go out and get all new everything at once but I dont think that is really possible. Im just saying that if we continue to build our team around the guys we have then we will continue to be mediocre, if we find the right people for the right system then we will be better off int he long run. I personally would like to see us play an NFL offense as opposed to running some sort of wildcat or pistol offense because we dont have the players to play real football. Obviously there are going to be complaints from day one no matter what happens. I read hundreds of posts on here about "Why are we signing so many WRs when we need help everywhere else?" then low and behold....Bowe is suspended and we need a WR. Good forsight on the part of Pioli and Haley if u ask me. Everyone will have their opinions on how to build a football team but just because someone on Chiefs Crowd does not agree with how things are done does not mean that they are being done wrong. If rebuilding an NFL team were easy then TexasChief would already have the job!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  5. #54
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 64

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I guess we could go out and get all new everything at once but I dont think that is really possible. Im just saying that if we continue to build our team around the guys we have then we will continue to be mediocre, if we find the right people for the right system then we will be better off int he long run. I personally would like to see us play an NFL offense as opposed to running some sort of wildcat or pistol offense because we dont have the players to play real football. Obviously there are going to be complaints from day one no matter what happens. I read hundreds of posts on here about "Why are we signing so many WRs when we need help everywhere else?" then low and behold....Bowe is suspended and we need a WR. Good forsight on the part of Pioli and Haley if u ask me. Everyone will have their opinions on how to build a football team but just because someone on Chiefs Crowd does not agree with how things are done does not mean that they are being done wrong. If rebuilding an NFL team were easy then TexasChief would already have the job!!
    I understand what you are saying, and it is not Chan could have save this season, or any of that. But how can you be a Head Coach of a NFL team, and the be the OC of a NFL team, and then be a QB coach of a NFL team, owe and also be a WR coach of a NFL team, at the same time! HE IS A FUNGING ROOKIE NFL COACH, THAT FIRED HIS OC ONE WEEK BEFORE SEASON, WITH NO REPLACEMENT! That is just stupid, in my oppion, maybe in the future it pays out, but there may be a new HH if it does not turn for the better soon. Just not on the Haley band wagon yet, I want the chin.

  6. #55
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,043
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I understand what you are saying, and it is not Chan could have save this season, or any of that. But how can you be a Head Coach of a NFL team, and the be the OC of a NFL team, and then be a QB coach of a NFL team, owe and also be a WR coach of a NFL team, at the same time! HE IS A FUNGING ROOKIE NFL COACH, THAT FIRED HIS OC ONE WEEK BEFORE SEASON, WITH NO REPLACEMENT! That is just stupid, in my oppion, maybe in the future it pays out, but there may be a new HH if it does not turn for the better soon. Just not on the Haley band wagon yet, I want the chin.
    There can only be one HH.


  7. #56
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 64

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    There can only be one HH.
    So true, but maybe he needs to come back,with a slight change of name, with his parrots!!

  8. #57
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,043
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    So true, but maybe he needs to come back,with a slight change of name, with his parrots!!

    You mean like TH???


  9. #58
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 64

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    You mean like TH???
    Well we may need to rethink this, I mean really do we want the parrots back? I do think maybe we need to send out a search and rescue mission for HH, he has been missing for some time.

  10. #59
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,043
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Well we may need to rethink this, I mean really do we want the parrots back? I do think maybe we need to send out a search and rescue mission for HH, he has been missing for some time.

    True; he has been MIA for far too long.


  11. #60
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    True; he has been MIA for far too long.
    Is that your son in the picture? cause theres no way you could be that young and be a fan for so long.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LJ for Matt Cassel?
    By ASDF in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-04-2010, 09:56 PM
  2. Matt Cassel
    By KEEPSNAPPIN in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 11:06 AM
  3. Cassel
    By CHIEFS_FN_ROCK in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-20-2009, 01:31 PM
  4. More on Cassel This one from NFL.com
    By magoo in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 11:59 AM
  5. Anyone else not that impressed?
    By prough91 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 06:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •