Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: I have not been impressed with Cassel

Default I have not been impressed with Cassel

I don't think he sucks, and I know we our offense is still in the gelling process, but I honest don't think he is elite or ever will be elite. I don't think he has great accuracy, I don't think he has a great arm, and I don't think he has great vision either. I would say he will be a good quaterback, but never be great. Heres the thing we don't need great, we need good we need a guy that doesn't throw a lot of of interceptions, which he doesn't, but we also need accuracy and right now he doesn't have it, right now he is not a good QB. Trent Green was a good QB behind phenomenal line he had great accuracy and an average arm. Cassel doesn't have the luxury of a good line, and has bad accuracy he overthrows balls or underthrows so when a receiver catches the ball he has to slow down to catch it because of his slow release. I don't think he is worth what we are paying him, because I think he is a 3rd pick at best and we are paying him like a 1st rounder which he isn't. I think we need to work on our O-line and possible pick up a QB with that second round pick we got for Tony, im not saying we should get rid of Cassel but he does need competition which Brody is not going to give him not because Brodie isn't good but Brodie gets hurt too easy so he will pretty much always be a career back up.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Is that your son in the picture? cause theres no way you could be that young and be a fan for so long.
    That person in the picture is a future Kansas City Chief!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    In other words, we need to elevate the quality of the players around him, specially the O-Line and WR´s that don't drop the ball.
    I think this will help Cassell more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    I think Cassel has played pretty well considering all the pressure he has been under.
    Seems like on the rare occasion he has time, he makes the most of it.
    I'm certainly going to give him the benifit of the doubt until he gets a chance with a decent o-line.
    Agreed. I think considering that he never has a chance to get comfortable in the pocket, that he has done well. I wish they would play him in shotgun more often and run no-huddlle more often as well.

Matt Cassell played a decent game today. The throw to Long over the middle was a nice throw. Matt will show why he has the contract he was given.
    Chiefs Nation

Yeah he did alright, not great but alright.
    But I think it's starting to show that he gets hit so much, sometimes he looks nervous in the pocket. But who wouldn't?!?!

The best thing about him? He has a lot of courage, and he doesn't turn it over much! :)

It will be very interresting to see him with a better line..

I don't think he sucks, and I know we our offense is still in the gelling process, but I honest don't think he is elite or ever will be elite. I don't think he has great accuracy, I don't think he has a great arm, and I don't think he has great vision either. I would say he will be a good quaterback, but never be great. Heres the thing we don't need great, we need good we need a guy that doesn't throw a lot of of interceptions, which he doesn't, but we also need accuracy and right now he doesn't have it, right now he is not a good QB. Trent Green was a good QB behind phenomenal line he had great accuracy and an average arm. Cassel doesn't have the luxury of a good line, and has bad accuracy he overthrows balls or underthrows so when a receiver catches the ball he has to slow down to catch it because of his slow release. I don't think he is worth what we are paying him, because I think he is a 3rd pick at best and we are paying him like a 1st rounder which he isn't. I think we need to work on our O-line and possible pick up a QB with that second round pick we got for Tony, im not saying we should get rid of Cassel but he does need competition which Brody is not going to give him not because Brodie isn't good but Brodie gets hurt too easy so he will pretty much always be a career back up.
    Are you kidding me. Give this guy a couple real WR's, a running back that isn't in jail half the time, and more than half a second to get the ball in the air before he gets killed, and maybe then we can see what kind of a QB he is. What did you think was going to happen this year????? He's got no supporting cast. When he had one in NE, he did pretty good. You need to relax. Oh, and maybe if he had an OC, that would be a little help too. Short of signing Clark Kent, nobody's gonna set the world on fire in this situation.

I thought Cassell played well today.

He can take a hit but can't hit his receivers worth a damn.
    Sure, it was his fault Bradly couldn't hang on to that pass to end what should have been a game winning drive. Why can't you just enjoy the win?

Is that your son in the picture? cause theres no way you could be that young and be a fan for so long.
    That's my boy!

Here you go frognostic...you started off bashing cassel last year and after the raven game i remember you jumping on the croyle band waggon just can't find the thread at the moment. But here you was bashing cassel and saying we should have kept thigpen etc

Point proven; lets please not drudge up any more old threads.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast