Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: I have not been impressed with Cassel

Default I have not been impressed with Cassel

I don't think he sucks, and I know we our offense is still in the gelling process, but I honest don't think he is elite or ever will be elite. I don't think he has great accuracy, I don't think he has a great arm, and I don't think he has great vision either. I would say he will be a good quaterback, but never be great. Heres the thing we don't need great, we need good we need a guy that doesn't throw a lot of of interceptions, which he doesn't, but we also need accuracy and right now he doesn't have it, right now he is not a good QB. Trent Green was a good QB behind phenomenal line he had great accuracy and an average arm. Cassel doesn't have the luxury of a good line, and has bad accuracy he overthrows balls or underthrows so when a receiver catches the ball he has to slow down to catch it because of his slow release. I don't think he is worth what we are paying him, because I think he is a 3rd pick at best and we are paying him like a 1st rounder which he isn't. I think we need to work on our O-line and possible pick up a QB with that second round pick we got for Tony, im not saying we should get rid of Cassel but he does need competition which Brody is not going to give him not because Brodie isn't good but Brodie gets hurt too easy so he will pretty much always be a career back up.

I'd say 75% of teams in the NFL have QB issues regarding their level of play. There are only a handful of Bradys, Mannings to go around..All I ask is that our QB is able to sustain drives and be capable of two maybe three TD's passes per game..With a good defence and running attack thats all we need to win most games...As of now, he's good for half a touchdown per game against mediocre secondaries. He did do much better in the second half as far as sustaining drives so there is hope that he will up his play as the season progresses..I know how many feel regarding Cassel..Case in point is the play of Jets QB Sanchez. He looked horrible last week and really upped his game and we are talking about a 2nd year QB with average wideouts (Braylon Edwards is just above average though).

I don't know if anyone noticed but Cassel got a bit mouthy at Haley when he asked for a time out. I see Cassel as having little respect for him.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    I don't know if anyone noticed but Cassel got a bit mouthy at Haley when he asked for a time out. I see Cassel as having little respect for him.

So Cassel has a little respect for Haley???

Obviously Cassel was about to burn them with a big pass play and Haley's timeout prevented him from doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    So Cassel has a little respect for Haley???
    I don't know chiefster, maybe it wasn't Haley that he he gave that "But why???" to as he flung his arms out in a spoiled way.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

I don't know chiefster, maybe it wasn't Haley that he he gave that "But why???" to as he flung his arms out in a spoiled way.

I probably misread your reply. Did you mean Haley has a little respect for Cassel or vise versa.

I saw that too; I just thought that maybe the crowd noise was interfering with Haley's communication with Cassel. However, you could be right.

Ok, I'm tired and my reading comprehension is failing me in my old age. I get what you mean now. My bad.

Because no other QB in the NFL has ever done that.........
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan
    -----------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Chiefster I probably misread your reply. Did you mean Haley has a little respect for Cassel or vise versa.

I saw that too; I just thought that maybe the crowd noise was interfering with Haley's communication with Cassel. However, you could be right.
    --------------------------------------
    I meant that Cassel had little respect for Haley. You might be right about the crowd noise, my neighbors tv sounded like it was doing its death dance.

P.S.- Its getting that way with me too
    Last edited by hardcorechiefsfan; 09-20-2010 at 01:17 AM.

Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan
    -----------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Chiefster I probably misread your reply. Did you mean Haley has a little respect for Cassel or vise versa.

--------------------------------------
    I meant that Cassel had little respect for Haley. You might be right about the crowd noise, my neighbors tv sounded like it was doing its death dance.
    They'll do that.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast