Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: I have not been impressed with Cassel

Default I have not been impressed with Cassel

I don't think he sucks, and I know we our offense is still in the gelling process, but I honest don't think he is elite or ever will be elite. I don't think he has great accuracy, I don't think he has a great arm, and I don't think he has great vision either. I would say he will be a good quaterback, but never be great. Heres the thing we don't need great, we need good we need a guy that doesn't throw a lot of of interceptions, which he doesn't, but we also need accuracy and right now he doesn't have it, right now he is not a good QB. Trent Green was a good QB behind phenomenal line he had great accuracy and an average arm. Cassel doesn't have the luxury of a good line, and has bad accuracy he overthrows balls or underthrows so when a receiver catches the ball he has to slow down to catch it because of his slow release. I don't think he is worth what we are paying him, because I think he is a 3rd pick at best and we are paying him like a 1st rounder which he isn't. I think we need to work on our O-line and possible pick up a QB with that second round pick we got for Tony, im not saying we should get rid of Cassel but he does need competition which Brody is not going to give him not because Brodie isn't good but Brodie gets hurt too easy so he will pretty much always be a career back up.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan
    I don't know if anyone noticed but Cassel got a bit mouthy at Haley when he asked for a time out. I see Cassel as having little respect for him.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Because no other QB in the NFL has ever done that.........

Good night folks!
    Sounds like Cassel must be a bit too big for his breeches.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Goon night.

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan
    I don't know if anyone noticed but Cassel got a bit mouthy at Haley when he asked for a time out. I see Cassel as having little respect for him.

Good night folks!
    Sounds like Cassel must be a bit too big for his breeches.
    Didn't notice that as long as he plays good I don't care what he does that's between him and Haley. Plus Haley doesn't seem like a push-over he can handle himself.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Didn't notice that as long as he plays good I don't care what he does that's between him and Haley. Plus Haley doesn't seem like a push-over he can handle himself.
    Whatever happened with that one play was not an isolated incident. They had issues the entire second half with their communications.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

When Cassel got fired up at Haley or whoever he was yelling at was probably the most I've liked Cassel since we've had him. He doesn't get mad enough.

And he's also not very good, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    When Cassel got fired up at Haley or whoever he was yelling at was probably the most I've liked Cassel since we've had him. He doesn't get mad enough.

I don't think he's very good either, but everyone thinks im an a-hole for saying what everyone else has been thinking.

I don't think he's very good either, but everyone thinks im an a-hole for saying what everyone else has been thinking.
    No I think the problem is that you say it over and over and over every chance you get and start several threads at a time saying it different ways and any time anyone says anything good you have to reply yes but Cassel sucks. I think by now we know what you think about him. Many of us may think he does but we don't dwell on it like you and we just want the team to do good maybe in spite of him. Becides there is not a lot we can do about it right now is there? He is our QB for good or bad this year and I am sure if he does not get better he will not be here next year if they find someone to replace him with but if they can't he may be here a year longer.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post

Agreed I'd like to see him get some attitude..

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    No I think the problem is that you say it over and over and over every chance you get and start several threads at a time saying it different ways and any time anyone says anything good you have to reply yes but Cassel sucks. I think by now we know what you think about him. Many of us may think he does but we don't dwell on it like you and we just want the team to do good maybe in spite of him. Becides there is not a lot we can do about it right now is there? He is our QB for good or bad this year and I am sure if he does not get better he will not be here next year if they find someone to replace him with but if they can't he may be here a year longer.

Well played sir!

No.

People think you are an a-hole because of the gloating that you do over the problems our QB is having.

You really give the impression that you are thrilled with our QB's poor play.

But then. you have already been informed of this, and you chose to change everyone else's terms on your own.

While some people do get defensive over even the slightest mention of anything negative, you got most of your flack for enjoying the failures of this (2-0) team.

I have seen alot of heated discussions on this board. Usually it is just a couple members dragging things out. But this week has been a massive collection of bickering.

Basically, those who are reacting to your behavior are on an increased defensive toward anyone with a negative thought, as if they support your gloating, not just the opinion.

And that has caused alot more bickering than we, as a (2-0) team that few expected to break .500 this season, should be seeing right now.

Do you really want Matt Cassel to succeed? Or would you rather see him fail?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast