Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I have not been impressed with Cassel

Default I have not been impressed with Cassel

I don't think he sucks, and I know we our offense is still in the gelling process, but I honest don't think he is elite or ever will be elite. I don't think he has great accuracy, I don't think he has a great arm, and I don't think he has great vision either. I would say he will be a good quaterback, but never be great. Heres the thing we don't need great, we need good we need a guy that doesn't throw a lot of of interceptions, which he doesn't, but we also need accuracy and right now he doesn't have it, right now he is not a good QB. Trent Green was a good QB behind phenomenal line he had great accuracy and an average arm. Cassel doesn't have the luxury of a good line, and has bad accuracy he overthrows balls or underthrows so when a receiver catches the ball he has to slow down to catch it because of his slow release. I don't think he is worth what we are paying him, because I think he is a 3rd pick at best and we are paying him like a 1st rounder which he isn't. I think we need to work on our O-line and possible pick up a QB with that second round pick we got for Tony, im not saying we should get rid of Cassel but he does need competition which Brody is not going to give him not because Brodie isn't good but Brodie gets hurt too easy so he will pretty much always be a career back up.

Me neither, but the thing is , he doesn't need to be elite in order for us to succeed. In my opinion the fact that he doesn't turn the ball is fantastic, he is very patient and isn't afraid of getting hit.

In other words, we need to elevate the quality of the players around him, specially the O-Line and WR´s that don't drop the ball.

Cheers

I dont that he can be an elite qb in the NFL i dont no that he cant. Thats something that is just going to be a wait and see type deal. Given time to devolpe i think he has all the tools. But you never no.

you dont need an "elite" qb to win the superbowl.... Cassel and Vrabel for a 2nd rounder is a pretty good deal... id say we are getting what he's worth considering this is the worst offensive line in nfl history (or close to it...) how can you judge anyone on this offense? He gets sacked/hurried pretty much every time he drops back.... Sure he isn't perfect, but he is only human...and he is in a new system with new players....

basically i am saying Cassel is fine, and he is plenty good enough to win a superbowl... given his team and most importantly defense can be "elite"....

I am not impressed with him, either, but I'm certainly not unimpressed. I don't think he has really had that many opportunities to go out and win the game or make great plays. He's had a revolving door of underperforming wide receivers, an offensive line with all the protection of a kleenex condom, and a stagnant running game.

Now, I'm a believer in the QB position. I think it is hugely important, and good teams don't usually win with mediocre Qb's. However, I think Cassel can be every bit as good as Eli Manning or Ben Roethlesberger. Last time I checked, they had rings.

The good thing about this Cassel deal is, that we have seen a glimpse of what he CAN be, if you surround him with talent. He did pretty well in NE last year..

If we were to draft someone, it would be pretty much a guess..

"kleenex condom"

LOL

I agree mostly with this post.

He has done well in not throwing picks, but he also holds the ball too long.

His accuracy leaves much to be desired, as does his decision making. If you look back through my posts in the offseason I railed against him quite a bit. I hope that he improves, and I think he can, but as it sits now, I would still rather have Thiggy :P

You guys make NO SENSE. How can you say, "I'm not impressed with him, although he has possibly the worst O-line in NFL history......."

Thats just retarded!
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Cassel is doing well considering the monster hits the guy has been taking. And he is showing leadership qualities (ie: consoling Savage after the bumble). With no ol, oc, qb coach, or wr coach, I think he's doing as well as anyone could expect.
    SHUT IT

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast