Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We donīt need DJ ?

Default We donīt need DJ ?

What do you guys think? I really like Derrick Johnson, he has leadership and heīs a play maker.

I guess what I'm saying is .. sit Demorrio Williams and let DJ do his thing.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    That's my take, anyway. I won't lament any player that doesn't return next year. I certainly hope that Dorsey, Jackson, Cassel, Hali, Flowers, and Albert are all back, simply because it would be a VERY bad sign if they weren't. Other than that, absolutely NO ONE has my loyalty at this point.
    What about Succop?

DJ is DJ , like you said, all the talent in the world and none of the work ethic or on field results to show for it.

I was really pulling for him this year but it is what it is.

DJ is a free agent at the end of this year, and I really don't think he has earned priority as a re-sign.

He is talented - unbelievably talented, and he seems like a really good guy, not a locker room problem at all.

that being said, it isn't just Haley. Everyone knows that DJ has long failed to live up to draft status, hype, and potential. For some reason, the guy just doesn't play as well as he obviously could.

with so many good linebackers on the free agent market (d'qwell jackson, kirk morrison, thomas howard, thomas davis, karlos dansby) I think that signing DJ isn't a necessity.

Additionally, middle linebacker seems to be one of those positions where you really can find diamonds in the rough. Because it is such a mental position, talented inside linebackers don't necessarily have to be the workout warriors that garner high draft status.

That's my take, anyway. I won't lament any player that doesn't return next year. I certainly hope that Dorsey, Jackson, Cassel, Hali, Flowers, and Albert are all back, simply because it would be a VERY bad sign if they weren't. Other than that, absolutely NO ONE has my loyalty at this point.

Win games. then we'll talk contract.
    If 2010 is uncapped, DJ will be a RFA.

DJ is a free agent at the end of this year, and I really don't think he has earned priority as a re-sign.

He is talented - unbelievably talented, and he seems like a really good guy, not a locker room problem at all.

that being said, it isn't just Haley. Everyone knows that DJ has long failed to live up to draft status, hype, and potential. For some reason, the guy just doesn't play as well as he obviously could.

with so many good linebackers on the free agent market (d'qwell jackson, kirk morrison, thomas howard, thomas davis, karlos dansby) I think that signing DJ isn't a necessity.

Additionally, middle linebacker seems to be one of those positions where you really can find diamonds in the rough. Because it is such a mental position, talented inside linebackers don't necessarily have to be the workout warriors that garner high draft status.

Win games. then we'll talk contract.

I agree that there are some players that we could get in Free Agency that will help, but I also think that a linebacker in hand is better than one you might get.

Anything that keeps us focused on shoring up the offensive line is a distraction in my opinion. I would rather resign DJ than lose out on the possibility of getting some offensive line help.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    What about Succop?

DJ is DJ , like you said, all the talent in the world and none of the work ethic or on field results to show for it.

I was really pulling for him this year but it is what it is.
    Yes, succop.

And, of course, the best player on our team, Dustin Colquit.

that's right. He's the best player on our team. Seriously. Not only is he the best on our team, he's probably the best or one of the top two or three, at his position in the whole league.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I agree that there are some players that we could get in Free Agency that will help, but I also think that a linebacker in hand is better than one you might get.

Anything that keeps us focused on shoring up the offensive line is a distraction in my opinion. I would rather resign DJ than lose out on the possibility of getting some offensive line help.
    I can get on that train.

If we used our first four picks on offensive line, I wouldn't bemoan it.

In fact, the only player who we could take in the first round is Eric Berry (possibly Taylor Mays, depending where we pick). Other than that, any wide receiver is going to take too long to payoff.

Offensive line is the most immediate need we have, and will have the quickest dividends paid.

I think he will be resigned...or not.

Ive always been fond of DJ he's one of my favorites Defensive players.

Johnathan Belcher is our Star ILB of the future. Forget DJ.

I'm guessing we put a 2nd round tender on DJ this offseason and see if there are any takers.

Yes, succop.

And, of course, the best player on our team, Dustin Colquit.

that's right. He's the best player on our team. Seriously. Not only is he the best on our team, he's probably the best or one of the top two or three, at his position in the whole league.
    That's sad but true.

After they dumped TG, he's the only player we have at any position thats top 5 in the league at his position.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast