Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We donīt need DJ ?

Default We donīt need DJ ?

What do you guys think? I really like Derrick Johnson, he has leadership and heīs a play maker.

I guess what I'm saying is .. sit Demorrio Williams and let DJ do his thing.

cheers

Uhm Demorrio has actually played very well.. Im assuming Haley thinks he is playing better right now, than DJ.

Que all the people who will now say that Haley is arrogant and just doesn't like DJ!

I think most of the linebacking corps has played really well this season- especially Hali and Vrabel.

.... DJ.... (forehead in hand)

I think that he will play more or not.

I'd love to see him out there, especially because he seems to make big plays when he is. I just can't understand what the heck is going on to keep a guy that talented on the bench.

How about this...we don't bench any one...unless they are injured.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I just hope that we dont let DJ go for Williams and Williams ends up being a one year wonder player.

Why not have both and rotate them in and out?
    Chiefs Nation

Quote Originally Posted by endzonewillie View Post
    Why not have both and rotate them in and out?
    DJ is a free agent at the end of this year, and I really don't think he has earned priority as a re-sign.

He is talented - unbelievably talented, and he seems like a really good guy, not a locker room problem at all.

that being said, it isn't just Haley. Everyone knows that DJ has long failed to live up to draft status, hype, and potential. For some reason, the guy just doesn't play as well as he obviously could.

with so many good linebackers on the free agent market (d'qwell jackson, kirk morrison, thomas howard, thomas davis, karlos dansby) I think that signing DJ isn't a necessity.

Additionally, middle linebacker seems to be one of those positions where you really can find diamonds in the rough. Because it is such a mental position, talented inside linebackers don't necessarily have to be the workout warriors that garner high draft status.

That's my take, anyway. I won't lament any player that doesn't return next year. I certainly hope that Dorsey, Jackson, Cassel, Hali, Flowers, and Albert are all back, simply because it would be a VERY bad sign if they weren't. Other than that, absolutely NO ONE has my loyalty at this point.

Win games. then we'll talk contract.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast