Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: D. Bowe suspended

Default D. Bowe suspended

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Chiefs’ Bowe suspended four games by NFL «

Kansas City Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe has been suspended for four games by the NFL for violating the league policy on performance enhancing substances. The suspension begins immediately.

The Chiefs later confirmed the suspension through a statement, saying they would have no comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    This is probably a drug that you or I would take to lose weight, but because it has a particular ingredient thats banned by the league, it makes a guy like D Bowe look bad.
    I totally agree.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I have a hard time with this. Bowe had to know he was wrong and if he did not know he should have. These guys make lots of money, they are surrounded by trainers and medical personnel, all he would have to do is ask someone and they would tell him.

Additionally, I thinkt he idea Haley had with losing weight was to get people in shape. I think losing 15 pounds through hard work, running and working out is going to be more effective than taking a weight loss drug to get it done.

So in my opinion, Bowe is trying to take a shortcut to meet the expectations that were set for him. Perhaps this is the reason that Haley had him on the lower roster position.

In any case, this falls directly on Bowe, and he needs to own up to the problems he is faced with.

I personally have had it with him! There is an old saying we had in the Navy, it takes 100 attaboys to make up for one ahh-$#!+. He just went into the hole.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Atlest he did'nt beat any women and make gay remarks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I have a hard time with this. Bowe had to know he was wrong and if he did not know he should have. These guys make lots of money, they are surrounded by trainers and medical personnel, all he would have to do is ask someone and they would tell him.

Additionally, I thinkt he idea Haley had with losing weight was to get people in shape. I think losing 15 pounds through hard work, running and working out is going to be more effective than taking a weight loss drug to get it done.

So in my opinion, Bowe is trying to take a shortcut to meet the expectations that were set for him. Perhaps this is the reason that Haley had him on the lower roster position.

In any case, this falls directly on Bowe, and he needs to own up to the problems he is faced with.

I personally have had it with him! There is an old saying we had in the Navy, it takes 100 attaboys to make up for one ahh-$#!+. He just went into the hole.
    I agree. I have not been real impressed with him anyway. To many drops for a 1 rounder that held out for more money, but maybe this will get his butt focused on developing to his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I kinda blame Haley on this. Bowe didn't need to lose weight. Everything Haley has done for him has only made it worse for Bowe.

With that being said, Players need to step up for the next 4 weeks and prove they are worthy of being a Chief.
    Exactly
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

Good points. You would think it wouldn't be too much to ask a guy who is paid millions to keep his body in shape ..... to keep his body in shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Sorry, this is the post you are defending?

Yes, I am biased towards Bowe...a player on the Chiefs that I like. A guy who made his first mistake. Im not defending him, he deserves the punishment and he is taking it like a man. So, why the sarcastic comments on his crucifiction? why the name calling? Seems to me like you think it should be treated the same way as the LJ situation.
    Your bias is showing again!! Again, if it is someone YOU like, then it's just a simple mistake and he is taking it like a man yet if it is someone you don't like for whatever reason, LJ or anyone else, you take full advantage of bashing them. Yes, I said LOSER. I would have said it about anyone! You may have noticed that as time went on, my posts in favor of LJ stopped because at some point, I just thought he was being an *** to be an *** so again, I agreed with the release. If your dumb enough to put something in your body before having the league check all substances with in said product....your an IDIOT!!!! Remember, diuretics are also used sometimes as a masking agent! Not saying this is what Bowe was trying to do but it has been done. The league has a system that allows players and teams to submit any and all medications, over the counter or prescribed to be tested for banned substances. Bowe chose not to do it and now he has hurt his team with a 4 game suspension. Regardless of the reason, Bowe has affected his team, teammates, organization and the fans therefore if you are going to crucify one guy for hurting his team with a suspension for whatever reason, you can only see how it would be fair to do the same for another right???????
    Last edited by Drunker Hillbilly; 11-18-2009 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I kinda blame Haley on this. Bowe didn't need to lose weight. Everything Haley has done for him has only made it worse for Bowe.

With that being said, Players need to step up for the next 4 weeks and prove they are worthy of being a Chief.

Bowe might not have needed to lose the weight that some players on this team needed but I realy can't put this on haley. Bowe tried to take a shortcut in it and now he is going to have to pay the price for that. Drugs are not the only way to lose weight end of story. Bowe did something wrong and got caught thats what happend.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Your bias is showing again!! Again, if it is someone YOU like, then it's just a simple mistake and he is taking it like a man yet if it is someone you don't like for whatever reason, LJ or anyone else, you take full advantage of bashing them. Yes, I said LOSER. I would have said it about anyone! You may have noticed that as time went on, my posts in favor of LJ stopped because at some point, I just thought he was being an *** to be an *** so again, I agreed with the release. If your dumb enough to put something in your body before having the league check all substances with in said product....your an IDIOT!!!! Remember, diuretics are also used sometimes as a masking agent! Not saying this is what Bowe was trying to do but it has been done. The league has a system that allows players and teams to submit any and all medications, over the counter or prescribed to be tested for banned substances. Bowe chose not to do it and now he has hurt his team with a 4 game suspension. Regardless of the reason, Bowe has affected his team, teammates, organization and the fans therefore if you are going to crucify one guy for hurting his team with a suspension for whatever reason, you can only see how it would be fair to do the same for another right???????
    That would all make sense had I crucified LJ the first time he f**ked up. But I didnt, I gave him another chance time and time again. This is the first big screw up by Bowe. Trust me if it continues time and time again I will feel the same as I do about LJ. But thanks for the tirade!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

www.bobgretz.com Bob has a good read on Bowe.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast